Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by karlo119 View Post
    Hi, nice project.
    I'm interested in pictures of the mounted wastegate. I think about sth like this for my B7 Turbo, but i think it wouldn't fit with my exhaust geometry. What fuel pressure regulator do you use, the orignial, what bosch nr. does it have?
    I will be using Cartechs 2025 fuel pressure regulator. Im not sure what a bosch nr is?
    1984 BMW 745i - 1949 Plymouth Business Coupe
    I always know when im hitting boost because i can start to feel the springs of the seat in my back

Comment

Originally posted by projekt-H View Post
      Very nice. Not working out the head, manifold and upgrading the turbo? Try looking into the W.A.R. MAF&chip, Should work on yours, but I'm not 100% on that.

Either way, love these cars, Cant wait to see how yours goes.
      No, the rocker broke suddenly and i wanted to get the car back on the road & didnt have a whole lot of money for upgrades at the time. Not much you can do with the manifold unless you get one custom built. There are not too many options for upgrading the turbo, a company does swap the internals from a GT35R. Might be interested doing that later. Miller does the WAR chip and they no longer seem to be doing e23 upgrades. I want the extra power but im not looking to make it a huge monster.
      I always know when im hitting boost because i can start to feel the springs of the seat in my back

Comment

Damn that's a nice project! Can't wait for updates.
        I Lurk a lot.
        Follow me on IG: vSabertoothv

Comment

Originally posted by e21 View Post
          I will be using Cartechs 2025 fuel pressure regulator. Im not sure what a bosch nr is?
          Oh, sorry,i thought about the original fuel pressure regulator, and this one isn't made by bosch, so it must be a BMW-number.
          Which fuel injection valves do you use? I'm interested in these facts because of my B7 Turbo engine is nearly similar to your engine, except from some details...and maybe i need some parts...

Comment

Originally posted by karlo119 View Post
            Oh, sorry,i thought about the original fuel pressure regulator, and this one isn't made by bosch, so it must be a BMW-number.
            Which fuel injection valves do you use? I'm interested in these facts because of my B7 Turbo engine is nearly similar to your engine, except from some details...and maybe i need some parts...
            Its a rise rate fuel pressure regulator so as the boost pressure increases it pushes on a diaphragm allowing more fuel to be delivered. I will be using the stock injectors for now just going to get them cleaned and make sure the spray is 100% from what ive read its not required to get new injectors.

Comment

wow this will be amazing, keep up the work!
              -FREEDOM- is cruisin at 80, windows down and listening to the perfect song-thinking "this is it"
              -The Beauty in the Tragedy-
              MECHANIC SMASH!!- (you all know you do it)
              Got Drop??

Comment

Originally posted by nellydragracer View Post
                Didn't even know these cars existed, must be uber rare!
                not really . . there are a lot of em here in Europe . . and even quite a few in Canada . . but a great project non the less . . I like the wheels
                my Bimmers . . . -> HERE!! <-
                my unhealthy amount of Wheels!! . . . -> HERE!! <-

Comment

They are pretty rare in North America as they were never sold here. You usually only see 733s in the E23 chassis here.

Good stuff Kent. Can't wait to see more. I think this would be sick on bags.

Comment

Originally posted by Poon View Post
                    They are pretty rare in North America as they were never sold here. You usually only see 733s in the E23 chassis here.
                    true, but quite a few were imported to Canada . . I used to work in Edmonton and I think we had five or six 745's in our customer base . . and that's a lot for a small shop . .
                    my Bimmers . . . -> HERE!! <-
                    my unhealthy amount of Wheels!! . . . -> HERE!! <-

Comment

Originally posted by MrZog View Post
                      true, but quite a few were imported to Canada . . I used to work in Edmonton and I think we had five or six 745's in our customer base . . and that's a lot for a small shop . .
                      There's an estimate of about 2 in BC and i looked at the numbers last year of bimmerfest and there was just 1 745i that registered, so its fairly rare

Comment

O what do we have here hmmmm?

:suspicious:

these wheels came up for sale and after doing some investigation i found i couldn't pass them up,

17x8 Nardi Wheels made by BBS, 3 piece, use same barrels and lips as rs's.

test fit, sort of

plan is either to build to 18s using rotiform barrels and lips or get new lips and run them as 17s
                        and of course for the car to come down about a foot ahah

Comment

I like the new wheels, kinda look like BMW style 19s.

Comment

Car is really clean, the only ones I've seen come up for sale are always beat to shit. You've got an awesome platform to start on! Great wheel choice too.
                            [

Comment

It's getting hot
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jimmybacon View Post
                                I like the new wheels, kinda look like BMW style 19s.
                                Ya they look similar, however only about 9 sets of these were ever made.

Comment

Working...
                                X