1984 BMW 745i build thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by D Unit View Post
    Thanks for the tip! I'm going to try this on my mirrors.
    For sure! This was with all by hand and very minimal. I bet with one of those mini mother powerballs you could get your mirrors back to original.
    1984 BMW 745i - 1949 Plymouth Business Coupe
    I always know when im hitting boost because i can start to feel the springs of the seat in my back

Comment

Car has been moved to the garage finally. Engine has been burning a ridiculous amount of oil almost 1 quart per 300kms. Especially bad blue smoke during long decel down hills and after WOT when the vacuum reaches its peak. Been talking lots with HITMANX but figured i would share on the board as well

Re-did the compression test as i forgot WOT is needed during testing, DERP:

Engine cold

DRY:
      1 140
      2 155
      3 140
      4 145
      5 145
      6 130

WET couple drops of 30w
      1 150
      2 175
      3 155
      4 180
      5 160
      6 150

The plug was not soaked but definitely looked like some build up of burnt oil. Putting together the parts to do a leak down test.

In the mean time finally put in my euro grills and lights. Still need to wire and paint grills but wanted some sort of positive vibe leaving today.

and some IG for better days
      I always know when im hitting boost because i can start to feel the springs of the seat in my back

Comment

Keep up the good work, car is beautiful!!
        _____________________________MY BUILD THREAD_____________________________

__________________________________________________ ______________________

Comment

Love this!

Comment

Leak down test showed major leakage into crankcase which make sense as the oil consumption was so high. Looks like the motor is getting pulled for a rebuild!

Comment

Working...
            X