• Time
  • Show
Clear All

so awesome. fantastic work
    Originally posted by da3bous
    I want you to photoshop a giant penis down the side of my car

Comment

Such a clean build, can't beat the audi quattros with a 5 speed

what size was that little holset turbo in the picture with the three turbos side by side?
      1990 Mercedes 300CE- 24 valve

Comment

did this come with the KKK turbo, stock?
        there is one of these in the local U-pull it here.
        I heard those things can be damn near indesructable.
        Effin' love this build, you've done everything so well.
        Volkswagen Jetta, MKiii (Daily)
        BMW 320i, E21 (FOR SALE)

Comment

Love it, I like the fact that it is something different from what everyone else does.

Comment

Hey thanks guys, I appreciate the kind words. Conski, the little one in that picture is also an H1C. Its from an airport tractor or something like that. Its got the same hotside and center as the big H1C, but tiny comp side.

Chase, the car did come with a k24 stock. There are two types of these 5-cylinders however... a 10v and a 20v. 10v came with a k26 and 20v with a k24. The K26 in the 10v application isn't really any bigger than the k24 is though. There are so many different sizes of K26 its ridiculous. Regardless, 20v is what you want. 20v parts are like gold.

Thanks Fred, thats exactly why I like it too.

As an update, here are some vids and also the next step in the project just came today.

Vids are only at 21psi and not tuned very well. Its got a LOT more power to make, but I have to build the bottom end first.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DpyT3SYlZGo"]YouTube - Audi 200 20v Holset 21psi inside[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9WZrcKVwCY"]YouTube - Audi 200 20v Holset H1C @ 21psi[/ame]

and this one was when it was still on like 15psi and misfiring badly because of plug wires. Still kinda cool tho

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_idEhYt5bjg"]YouTube - Testing the GoPro on the Audi[/ame]

More to come when its got a built bottom end or tuned better on the dyno or something.

Here are the pics of what came today (as posted on another forum)

This is a pretty fun sorta update...

So this is what the HX52 looked like when I first unpackaged it.

under the comp cover is pretty oily. Wheel measures something like 67mm inducer and 98mm exducer.

this is a BIG 16cm housing. Much bigger in exterior size than the 16 that I had on my H1C. You can also see the oil drain.

Here is the "almost T4" flange and oil feed.

Big ole v-band and some oil on the turbine blades. I think I'm going to call it safe and just rebuild this one. However, there is NO shaft play at all and the housings aren't cracked. This is what you want to look for when buying a Holset.

Now...here is the pic in my sig. The H1C looks pretty decent (read: big) in there right?

now how does it look?

When I opened the box up I was almost unimpressed with the size of this thing. After looking at this picture however, I guess it looks pretty huge lol.

oh and last but not least, THANK YOU GOLDFARB!!!!

Comment

do the 10vs have the intake manifold right about the turbo?
              I was honestly thinking about pulling the turbo and oilcooler set up as I am trying to piece together a turbo kit, the turbine has little to no play what so ever and looks like with some love it would be prime.
              and that new turbo looks like some fun
              BMW 320i, E21 (FOR SALE)

Comment

Ya 10v has intake manifold right above the exhaust mani and turbo. The k24 makes a really nasty turbo if you are looking for about 280chp.

Comment

2.slow jetta even boosted I will never see above 250chp. is the K26 an alright substitute? any major differences?
                  sorry for teh thr3ad jacking.
                  the craftsmanship you have put into this thing is amazing!
                  BMW 320i, E21 (FOR SALE)

Comment

Thanks so much for the kind words again. The k26 is essentially the same, just spools a little slower. Should make a little bit more power I guess. I don't mind the threadjack. This doesn't get enough action anyway

Would definitely be a decent turbo for a 2.0

Comment

thanks for all your advice, dude!
                      I cant wait to see what else you have in store.
                      BMW 320i, E21 (FOR SALE)

Comment

Dude. Smaller wheels and fatter tires. Those enkeis>Avus' imo - Sick build though. Love me a 20v.
                        flickrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Comment

Originally posted by loxxrider View Post
                          I also mounted one with the face in reverse. Man do I wish I had the car to fit these in this configuration!
                          Pic of reverse mounted style 5?
                          I'm thinking of running this myself, want to see it before I purchase.
                          Thanks!

PS your car is ridiculous. I love it.

Comment

This one is nice. Many 100s over here in Germany and I like them a lot. A 200 is ever greater ^^

Comment

Shaun, here's the only pic I have of them like that. It was before I cleaned up the barrels obviously. I think they would look amazing and you can mount the centers either inside or outside the lip.

Eskimo, what enkeis?

I did actually mount the style 5's on the car and they didn't quite do it for me. (had to chop two pics together because I only had one complete). They are for sale btw

I ended up picking up some more awesome wheels though. Should make for a nice project and maybe nice looking on this car.

If anyone knows where I can find a new center for one of these, that would be great.

Comment

How much would you wanna sell those style 5s for?
                                been scoping for some wheels for mine.
                                dimensions?
                                BMW 320i, E21 (FOR SALE)

Comment

Working...
                                X