No announcement yet.

manbeard's volvo.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I personally think the rear is on-point, the front just needs spacing to match.
    - Bagged '98 Chevy S10 - Stock '88 Volvo 240DL - Broken '87 Mitsubishi Starion ESi-R - Also Broken '87 Shelby Lancer #707/800 -

Comment

old volvo love. nice man. looks better without the lip.

Comment

Originally posted by Night Colors View Post
        why people in norway/sweden are so obsessed with volvo's lol? anyways nice build , some of the small details made me lol
        haha i wish i was from norway or sweden! I am from little ole apex, north carolina. Thanks though!!
        Originally posted by PedroM View Post
        It's amazing the transformation of a plain car in to a fantastic machine!

Congrats!
        haha i appreciate it!
        Originally posted by Daviticus View Post
        I personally think the rear is on-point, the front just needs spacing to match.
        front definitely needs some more spacing.. the back looks alright, but the axle isn't centered side to side. once i either cut and weld the panhard, or get an adjustable one, it'll need a few mm of spacing to get it right.
        Originally posted by amichaels View Post
        old volvo love. nice man. looks better without the lip.
        thank you! the lip looked alright for a day, but then it looked like a tumor to me. i really like how it looks now.

1989 Volvo 240 turbo

Comment

It's so much cleaner and better than it was a couple months ago. Good eye.
          My first JDM project after decades of European cars!

Comment

oh anyways , love u'r volvo man

Comment

Love the incredibly clean ass in this pic!

Next car deff is gonna be a Volvo!

Comment

Originally posted by exexpat View Post
                It's so much cleaner and better than it was a couple months ago. Good eye.
                thanks man! this means a lot to me to see this haha, especially since i've been lusting over every car you've made
                Originally posted by Night Colors View Post
                oh anyways , love u'r volvo man
                haha thanks dude!
                Originally posted by DutchStance View Post
                Love the incredibly clean ass in this pic!

Next car deff is gonna be a Volvo!
                thats one of my favorite angles to look at the car.. something about it just looks perfect, if i can toot my own horn haha.

sooo i woke up today and had some motivation to mess with the volvo. I went outside and waxed it, and then got to working on getting it running. i have plenty of fuel, but the lack of spark was the problem. i have brand new spark plugs and wires, and the distributor cap has MAYBE 1000 miles on it. i remembered i washed the engine a few months ago, so i started by taking the distributor cap off, and there was moisture EVERYWHERE. i dried it all out and let it air dry for a while, then put it all back together and it starts! it doesn't stay running, but thats because of the expensive-ass ignition module (freakin $150) going out. im super ecstatic that its good though! also today, i was at autozone and saw some spacers.. they're 8mm ones and they were 20 bucks, so i got them and put them on the front. its a little better, but needs more. whenever i need to get new tires on the front, i'm going to go to a 205/45 or somethign in the front and space the fronts out to make them flush, then it'll be perfect.

DSC01854 by sebarbour23, on Flickr

1989 Volvo 240 turbo

Comment

Love the work you did, great clean looking Volvo. After reading through this thread I feel I can't hide behind having no real budget to achive stance, I just need to put in the work, inspirational!!

Comment

Glad to see you were motivated to work on the problem, the volvo looks amazing as usual!
                    sigpic

Follow me on Instagram! @cskzero

Comment

• I love how clean this thing is. Usually these models are riddled with tacky mods. This one is nice and clean. Keep it up.

Comment

• Volvos lookin good man, makin me want one now
                        My Static Hardbody minitruck thread:http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=24537

Comment

• Originally posted by Bra1nl3ss View Post
                          Love the work you did, great clean looking Volvo. After reading through this thread I feel I can't hide behind having no real budget to achive stance, I just need to put in the work, inspirational!!
                          haha thats definitely the truth! i have MAYBE a thousand dollars into this, and it needs another hundred or two before its perfect. im just having a lot of fun with this car. you dont need to have $5,000 wheels or a brand new car to have fun with this
                          Originally posted by Chuckdee View Post
                          Glad to see you were motivated to work on the problem, the volvo looks amazing as usual!
                          thanks so much man!!
                          Originally posted by willis View Post
                          I love how clean this thing is. Usually these models are riddled with tacky mods. This one is nice and clean. Keep it up.
                          haha i appreciate it. there aren't really many stanced 740s stateside. there are a good amount overseas, but for the most part, they're usually pretty gaudy. im loving the direction im going now with it, and i can't wait to make it perfect.
                          Originally posted by Monster View Post
                          Volvos lookin good man, makin me want one now
                          haha you should snatch one up dude! i can't wait to get it running, then we can take some volvo and hardbody pictures.

i snapped this one when i got home from work tonight. looks kinda cool, and it shows the little bit of camber i have in the front. worn out bushings ftw? haha

DSC01868 by sebarbour23, on Flickr

1989 Volvo 240 turbo

Comment

• the latest version is lookin good! rear looks really clean, nice job!

Comment

• Originally posted by manbeard View Post
                              haha you should snatch one up dude! i can't wait to get it running, then we can take some volvo and hardbody pictures.

I'm down for that man, if you need any help. I'm usually free on Fridays and Sundays, but I can only do so much with current health conditions. But I'll do anything to get out of the house and away from work. Lol
                              My Static Hardbody minitruck thread:http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=24537

Comment

Working...
                              X