+Game-Of-Stance+

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by evilstar View Post
    Please correct me if I'm wrong but aren't miros also rep wheels? I would not put their quality much higher than that of XXRs, am I wrong in this?
    You are very correct. The ones I have are reps of OZ Mito's. I didn't get them because I saw some OZ Mito's and wished I could have them. I got them because I saw some Miro STP 3's and wanted them.

Comment

• Originally posted by apexilude View Post
      Local meets....
      Entire meets get called off because of people make excuses not to get together. The GPA is full of people that talk big and never have meets. The car culture sux here. If it wasnt for the Vintage Gran Prix we wouldnt have sh**.
      This is accurate, very accurate.

I just read this whole thread (as it was getting trolled like a BF.C kill stories thread) and I'm looking forward to seeing what all you do to the car. You seem to be working with what you have and doing what you can. I see you're younger and you have three jobs listed in your little profile thing. I admire someone who is working their ass off to mod their car. Keep working.

Comment

• Originally posted by game-of-stance View Post
        lol, what? We don't all buy expensive rims? I really don't get why less expensive wheels are looked down on so much. You guy's say they are cheap and will bend or something? Well, we'll see if they bend. I bet they won't They look good to me, only thing I want to change about them is the chrome lip. I'll try to get them refinished over time.

EDIT: I'm not claiming that they are something they aren't? Either way I respect your opinions so please talk rather than post gif's
        Hey Dom, I'm an e46f member as well and have seen some of your threads. And without a doubt have seen the ritual newb hazing. While I think in your case it has been worse than usual. This is partial to the fact that your mods go against the grain of that forum so they stick out like a sore them. As they say "the nail that sticks out, gets hammered" (yup thats right i just referenced tokyo drift and wut. lol). The other part of the equation is well to be blunt it seams like you crave attention. With due respect not going to argue this point with you, so dont bother trying. Just telling you how it seams to me sitting out side of the circle.

Now please hear me out so you have sucess in this great new forum we are on. Dont post a ton of new threads in a day, dont respond to every single comment made in your threads the second they are posted. Try instead to post once or twice a day I suggest not more than 3 times a day. Use the mulitquote feature. LISTEN to what people are saying. Very few people will troll right from the start and they will not continue unless fed SO DON'T FEED them. What this really means is most people even when saying something negative are really trying to help. Yes we all need to mod to our taste and for ourselves but lets not bullshit here we also want other people to like it. If you dont want to hear negative feed back dont ask for opinions or comments or anything of that sort at all. Lastly for the record like blue balls no one ever likes teasers especially ones that take a long time to furition.

So in closing; you dont want the rep of attention whore (because no one likes attention whores, NO ONE) you had on the other forum slow down your posting. Don't ask for opinions then ingnore them. Don't post every single little thing you do to your car do. Post large changes (big items or large group of small items). Try not to half ass on the car we understand times are tough and we all do what we can but do them right. And don't tease.

Really hope this helps you and wish you the best of luck bro.
        Last edited by evilstar; 12-08-2011, 11:46 PM.

For Sale - e24 Build thread

Add me on Facebook
        Instagram @Dared_Turtle

Comment

• OK now that I'm done helping on a "personal level" lol let's talk about the car.
          I like the miro wheels better but understand wanting 18s. The XXRs arent bad not great but not bad either, I do like the 4" lip. Now I'm going to tell you out right, there is no way in hell your getting 10.5 in front with stock fenders. No matter how much you roll or pull, ain't going to happen.

Also avoid plasti-dipping everything altough yes it is great stuff and comes in handy if you want to remove it later. It is not the end all be all. For example as "hi its Alex" stated your bumper would look much better if just spray painted with regular paint right from the start. It takes the same amount of work with better results.

Lastly and let me be the first to say it. MOAR INFO ON THE PORSCHE!!! nice pics btw.
          Last edited by evilstar; 12-08-2011, 11:48 PM.

For Sale - e24 Build thread

Add me on Facebook
          Instagram @Dared_Turtle

Comment

• Originally posted by Frank_Drebin1 View Post
            This is accurate, very accurate.

I just read this whole thread (as it was getting trolled like a BF.C kill stories thread) and I'm looking forward to seeing what all you do to the car. You seem to be working with what you have and doing what you can. I see you're younger and you have three jobs listed in your little profile thing. I admire someone who is working their ass off to mod their car. Keep working.
            Thanks man, the swim coach is just a summer job but I do valet and lifeguard right now

Originally posted by evilstar View Post
            Hey Dom, I'm an e46f member as well and have seen some of your threads. And without a doubt have seen the ritual newb hazing. While I think in your case it has been worse than usual. This is partial to the fact that your mods go against the grain of that forum so they stick out like a sore them. As they say "the nail that sticks out, gets hammered" (yup thats right i just referenced tokyo drift and wut. lol). The other part of the equation is well to be blunt it seams like you crave attention. With due respect not going to argue this point with you, so dont bother trying. Just telling you how it seams to me sitting out side of the circle.

Now please hear me out so you have sucess in this great new forum we are on. Dont post a ton of new threads in a day, dont respond to every single comment made in your threads the second they are posted. Try instead to post once or twice a day I suggest not more than 3 times a day. Use the mulitquote feature. LISTEN to what people are saying. Very few people will troll right from the start and they will not continue unless fed SO DON'T FEED them. What this really means is most people even when saying something negative are really trying to help. Yes we all need to mod to our taste and for ourselves but lets not bullshit here we also want other people to like it. If you dont want to hear negative feed back dont ask for opinions or comments or anything of that sort at all. Lastly for the record like blue balls no one ever likes teasers especially ones that take a long time to furition.

So in closing; you dont want the rep of attention whore (because no one likes attention whores, NO ONE) you had on the other forum slow down your posting. Don't ask for opinions then ingnore them. Don't post every single little thing you do to your car do. Post large changes (big items or large group of small items). Try not to half ass on the car we understand times are tough and we all do what we can but do them right. And don't tease.

Really hope this helps you and wish you the best of luck bro.
            Originally posted by evilstar View Post
            OK now that I'm done helping on a "personal level" lol let's talk about the car.
            I like the miro wheels better but understand wanting 18s. The XXRs arent bad not great but not bad either, I do like the 4" lip. Now I'm going to tell you out right, there is no way in hell your getting 10.5 in front with stock fenders. No matter how much you roll or pull, ain't going to happen.

Also avoid plasti-dipping everything altough yes it is great stuff and comes in handy if you want to remove it later. It is not the end all be all. For example as "hi its Alex" stated your bumper would look much better if just spray painted with regular paint right from the start. It takes the same amount of work with better results.

Lastly and let me be the first to say it. MOAR INFO ON THE PORSCHE!!! nice pics btw.
            Damn I don't feel or think that i'm an attention whore In real life i'm one of the shyest and most boring/laid back guys in the world lol. I just really love looking at cars and getting more stuff for my car. I can see what you mean though and i'll take your advice

The porsche is just my dad's car he always dreamed of getting. I learned to drive manual on it haha That was tough. I always send him pictures of stanced porsches to try to get him interested in putting some wheels on it haha.

I like hearing opinions but i'm not going to change my car to follow someone else's opinions that I don't agree with

EDIT: What I think it is is that i'm a little bit OCD haha I think that might be a problem here. Sorry!

Comment

• I've got some Mito's you can buy. Seems like your getting things just because when it might be better to wait a little, you would save money and have quality that way

Comment

• Originally posted by Anonymoose View Post
                I've got some Mito's you can buy. Seems like your getting things just because when it might be better to wait a little, you would save money and have quality that way
                Thanks for offering but the only reason I would get expensive rims are for some good lightweight ones. And the only reason I would get lightweight ones was if I was trying to make my car lighter/faster, which i'm not Thanks though!

Your car is so clean btw! I love that front lip

Comment

• I love this guy's enthusiasm. +1 for you sir.

Comment

• Originally posted by game-of-stance View Post
                    Thanks for offering but the only reason I would get expensive rims are for some good lightweight ones. And the only reason I would get lightweight ones was if I was trying to make my car lighter/faster, which i'm not Thanks though!
                    That's just so naive.
                    Trust me, you wont notice any difference in driving from having lighter wheels.

Maybe, at some point you will learn that real multi piece wheels and fake ones do not only differ in weight
                    slamburglars.com

Comment

• So you spent money on a full set of shitty fake wheels and then MORE money on 2 more shitty wheels? Why?

There are a bunch of sites offering used wheels for not very much money at all.

BTW, why do you have a "Stance Meter" on your first post?

Comment

• Originally posted by G535 View Post
                        That's just so naive.

Maybe, at some point you will learn that real multi piece wheels and fake ones do not only differ in weight
                        This^... seriously dude take some advice from these people who aren't actually trolling you constantly, you may actually learn something..as for the wheels while the XXRs look good, but putting those on the car just seems wrong, putting XXRs on a BMW is like having a hot girlfriend and making her wear a Ronald Reagan mask whenever you go out...
                        Originally Posted by Jesus Christ
                        busters gonna raceland no matter what overwhelming information you show them.

Comment

• Bought my style 5's for $300. Bought Alphards for $900. I guarantee between the classifieds here, vwvortex, memoryfab, vrwheels, etc you could find real wheels for less than $1200. But kids these days don't like to save money much.

Sent from Somewhere using Something.
                          Originally posted by SeanDub
                          But of all the things you could Jew out on, suspension probably shouldn't be your first pick.

Comment

• Originally posted by DCJodon View Post
                            I love this guy's enthusiasm. +1 for you sir.

Originally posted by G535 View Post
                            That's just so naive.

You won't notice a different from having lighter wheels? Well I'm pretty sure that you are completely wrong about that but I don't want to start an argument haha I'm pretty sure that performance cars look for the lightest wheel possible but I could be wrong...

And yes I realize that there are other bonuses of having three piece wheels. But I have no need for those bonuses

Originally posted by Mattphi View Post
                            So you spent money on a full set of shitty fake wheels and then MORE money on 2 more shitty wheels? Why?

There are a bunch of sites offering used wheels for not very much money at all.

BTW, why do you have a "Stance Meter" on your first post?
                            Lol I don't see why you have to rag on them, yes they are replicas and heavier. Shitty? idk about that. But think what you want, no worries I have a "stance meter" to show how far along I am to being done.

Originally posted by WideFive View Post
                            This^... seriously dude take some advice from these people who aren't actually trolling you constantly, you may actually learn something..as for the wheels while the XXRs look good, but putting those on the car just seems wrong, putting XXRs on a BMW is like having a hot girlfriend and making her wear a Ronald Reagan mask whenever you go out...
                            Thanks for the comments and criticisms. I know what you are saying but I'm not a baller with a bmw. I'm a dude with a bmw who likes the stance scene who isn't going to buy expensive rims when he can just get cheap rims that look great in his opinion. Sorry for all the third person text haha

Originally posted by Hayseed View Post
                            Bought my style 5's for $300. Bought Alphards for $900. I guarantee between the classifieds here, vwvortex, memoryfab, vrwheels, etc you could find real wheels for less than $1200. But kids these days don't like to save money much.

Sent from Somewhere using Something.
                            Damn $300 is a great deal! Congrats I'm getting these rims because I like them though, if I found them somewhere in great condition used then i'd get them there. But I can't find them anywhere used for a good price and in great condition

Comment

• i understand ballin on a budget man believe me...i just would've not bought the XXRs in the first place because they seem to kill every bit of the class that BMWs have
                              Originally Posted by Jesus Christ
                              busters gonna raceland no matter what overwhelming information you show them.

Comment

• Originally posted by WideFive View Post
                                i understand ballin on a budget man believe me...i just would've not bought the XXRs in the first place because they seem to kill every bit of the class that BMWs have
                                WHy's that?

Comment

Working...
                                X