Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No matter what I do, it's still a Cavalier.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 244Brick View Post
    Hell yeah, let the games begin!!
    And begin, they shall.

Originally posted by 98z24ragtop View Post
    Dear lord, I haven't checked on this build for a while. This thing is totally insane, sorta makes me miss my old Z24 convertible... Can't wait to see some updates!
    Haha, thanks!

Originally posted by brsteinbach View Post
    Awesome progress man. I'm glad you're going through with it!
    I said I was, that meant I had to, haha!

Originally posted by tomshouse516 View Post
    You sir have an abnormality in your brain. This is a good thing so don't raise alarm and carry on as you have been.

Please finish this by the end of the winter so that you can make hundreds of peoples heads spontaneously explode at shows this year.

Originally posted by doug_e30 View Post
    ive just got to say i love your approach to building this car. props for being different. every time i check this thread theres just more and more win
    Thanks!

Originally posted by Dave_The_BMXER View Post
    Honestly I read this thread now and just think who the fuck does this.

I mean that in the best was possible.

Must be the beard.

Originally posted by aLaFleur View Post
    At first I thought this was one of those situations where you had a cavalier and instead of buying something else you'd just build it and say "i'm being different"

Then I realized you're just a bad ass and do what you want.
    #yolo.

Originally posted by SD202 View Post
    that 52 has some potential. And looks surprisingly intact. or is it just a rolling shell ?
    It is all there. I spent about 5 years looking for one that was complete. The passenger fender is missing in those photos (not sure if you can tell), but I do have it. I just removed it.

I'm fucking dying to work on it.

Originally posted by AmnKyle@911th View Post
    I must have one.

I'm slowly getting things figured out interior-wise. I'll be sending the radio bezel out either Friday or Monday to a friend in Mass. He's super talented at this sorta junk and this will be the first thing I've had done on the car that I didn't do myself.

He's going to section in new upper vents, add a triple gauge section where the HVAC controls would've been and fix all the fuckery on the bezel itself.

These are a couple (pretty piss poor) pictures I have of previous work he's done.

I've also located a semi-local upholstery shop that will repair my dash pad. It's going factory colours but will have a twist thrown in.

To say I'm excited to have this interior already figured out, would be a large understatement. I expected it to be much harder.
    Last edited by HooWybrow; 02-04-2013, 02:31 PM.

Originally posted by Kielan
    Well dip me in shit and roll me in breadcrumbs...

Comment

• Took the leap tonight and got the column bracketry mounted for good, as well as cut a gaping hole in my firewall.

Hard to explain what I have in store for the gaping hole, but it should (key word) be shaped up tomorrow night.

I also tossed the suspension and wheels back on and set the car on the ground again, needed some motivation.

Not much to look at, but the car steers itself from the wrong side now, so I'm pretty happy.

Comment

• [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCySTWFcnlM"]Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeet - YouTube[/ame]

Looks good man.

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

• Video or it never happened
          IG: ashtonlafleur

Comment

• Agreed ^

W I L D M A N 'S R O D S H O P

R.I.P P.WALKER 2013/11/30

Comment

• steering from wrong side or riggghhtttt side ??? Man those wheels are sexy. They motivate you. Hell they motivate me to work on my car all the way over here ! lol. sexy. ass. rear. poke.
              C280 Build Thread
              C43 ///AMG Build Thread
              E320 Wagon Build Thread

Follow me on Instagram:@SD_210

Comment

• You sir are a genius!

Beard on brother. Beard on
                Last edited by milano_red; 02-07-2013, 01:11 PM.

Instagram - @choadyhighroller
                Originally posted by nickskater09
                I think Jody, along with Ashton, like to push the line between "street legal" and "realistically driveable".

Comment

• Originally posted by andybob View Post
                  Fucking LOL

Originally posted by aLaFleur View Post
                  Video or it never happened
                  What happened?

Originally posted by 244Brick View Post
                  Agreed ^
                  Meow.

Originally posted by SD202 View Post
                  steering from wrong side or riggghhtttt side ??? Man those wheels are sexy. They motivate you. Hell they motivate me to work on my car all the way over here ! lol. sexy. ass. rear. poke.
                  They do motivate me! And thanks, Dave. The poke, honestly is almost identical front and rear... the rear just looks monsterous in the pictures. This car photographs so weird vs. seeing it in person... such a hard thing to explain ahaha.

Originally posted by milano_red View Post
                  You sir are a genius!

Beard on brother. Beard on
                  You toss that "genius" around like it's nothing.

BEARD.

Got to cross off a major line on my white board tonight, the right-hand drive, mechanically, is finished. PUMPED.

I then got to staring at the firewall, and decided that where the left-hand drive booster and other such pieces were, would look kinda goofy just smoothed out. SO, I started drawing... and then cut... a lot. I'm intending on welding in a flat plate with matching bead rolls like the firewall and other areas of the engine bay have from factory. Rather excited about that.

Pictures, for you.

I guess I forgot to mention I yanked the engine quick, too.

Comment

• This is great, I check on this thread every time I see it bumped. Nice work and thank you for doing it
                    4 Cars, 0 Cupholders

Comment

• Pretty sure you're a wizard. Lolled at "yanked the engine quick".

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

• Comment

• Last page had some excellent updates. NICE!

Comment

• Originally posted by hi its me alec View Post
                            This is great, I check on this thread every time I see it bumped. Nice work and thank you for doing it
                            Well thank you for the compliment! I try to keep it as nice as I can, sometimes it doesn't work out so well.

Originally posted by andybob View Post
                            Pretty sure you're a wizard. Lolled at "yanked the engine quick".
                            4 bolts, 11.38 seconds. You don't call that quick?

Originally posted by Tubaman View Post
                            Fucking LOL.

Originally posted by B Rod View Post
                            Last page had some excellent updates. NICE!
                            Thanks, hombre!

Comment

• Is this real life?
                              Wow, your work is amazing. There will never be a cavi this awesome ever.
                              http://cdn.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=17224

Comment

• Originally posted by 06RawRsx View Post
                                Is this real life?
                                Wow, your work is amazing. There will never be a cavi this awesome ever.
                                Thanks, dude!

Picked up some 'JDM' Toyota Cavalier power-folding mirrors last night. Pretty happy to have a right-hand drive mirror set.

Onle one picture for now, they'll hide away in my room until I'm ready to put the doors back on/wire the car.

One more piece of the puzzle.

Comment

Working...
                                X