Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DEL SLO (technically DEL NO GO) never driven it!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update:
    • installed shift linkage and shifter
    • installed exhaust
    • installed passenger axle and bolted right suspension back together
    • bled brakes and clutch (might have a sticky caliper, but I'll deal with that later)

Left to do:
    • install half shaft and driver side axle
    • fill transmission fluid
    • wire in oil presure sensor
    • remove heater core bypass hose and install OEM setup for heat
    • remove exhaust (too short, needs flex pipe and don't want it hanging and getting caught on anything)
    • install headlights and some other lighting connectors
    • install battery tray and battery
    • set timing

Then I should be able to drive it around.
    DEL SOL BUILD THREAD
    E28 BUILD THREAD

I am.... SICKWITHTHEPEN

Comment

JUST DROVE IT OUT OF THE GARAGE
      FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER!!!

..... only took 4 years!
      DEL SOL BUILD THREAD
      E28 BUILD THREAD

I am.... SICKWITHTHEPEN

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Wow this is a crazy build thread! My gf just bought a mint 97 Del Sol a while ago, and all is good except the passenger side mirror needs to be replaced from the previous owner. You got an extra one laying around?
          Last edited by Shade; 12-22-2011, 11:28 PM.
          Originally posted by redciv1
          Style 5's and E36's are like Civic's and Rota's, just looks good.
          Originally posted by Francois Dillinger
          Would you wear skechers with an armani suit?

Comment

RUNNING!

The engine brought the front end down quite a bit!

The front of this no name suspension is completely blown! If I had fillings, they would have come out on the little dips that I ran over! That was planned to be changed in the future. But now it is a priority!

I took the exhaust off because I have to get a flex pipe made to make up for the gap. And since it wasn't connected in the front it started to drag on my street. ALL MY NEIGHBORS know when I start this car up with the open header.

The front struts are blown...

My heat is now working. Although the heater control light button stays on even with the key out of the ignition. I have to figure that out. More wiring diagrams to look at. At least it doesn't drain my battery over night.

I had a leak underneath the car over night under the trans. I never tightened the drain plug all the way when I took the motor out last year. No biggie.

The front struts are blown...

I had to take the hood off because the engine sits about 1/4 inch too high for it to shut. That will be fixed with new mounts.

Thowing O2 sensor codes since for some reason this exhaust manifold (PO installed) has no O2 sensor bungs. So the car is running rich. (*cough cough gag)
            My DOWNPIPE has an O2 bung!
            I'm just saying!

Also have to figure out why my VTEC is not engaging.

Did I mention that my front struts are blown?
            DEL SOL BUILD THREAD
            E28 BUILD THREAD

I am.... SICKWITHTHEPEN

Comment

Originally posted by los02 View Post
              JUST DROVE IT OUT OF THE GARAGE
              FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER!!!

..... only took 4 years!
              whew finally ..good luck with the next progress of this build op ! its still amaze me with what you have been through so far with this project, not to forget with all those spare part cars
              ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

awesome dude

Widebody B6 build

HIT ME UP if you need Ksport supplies. i can get them to you cheaper than anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by 7elephant View Post
                  whew finally ..good luck with the next progress of this build op ! its still amaze me with what you have been through so far with this project, not to forget with all those spare part cars
                  Originally posted by BreakMyWallet View Post
                  awesome dude
                  Thanks guys!

I found some struts and coilovers on CL that were posted up yesterday. I text the guy today and he says that he's keeping them! Tnen I look at the ad online again and they are still advertised. WHY do people do that? I was ready to buy and install!
                  DEL SOL BUILD THREAD
                  E28 BUILD THREAD

I am.... SICKWITHTHEPEN

Comment

its coming together man, good work

Comment

God damn fantastic buddy. So stoked to see you got the Del Slow running. Wish I could've thrown more good words at ya.
                      [IMG]http://i42.tinypic.com/10eos3a.jpg[/IMG]

Comment

5 years to get this far.. did i miss something here?
                        Preston
                        Stance Wi
                        'More then Fitment'
                        TDMImports
                        Ravage Performance
                        My Photo Album

2007 Civic Sedan - Daily whore
                        2004 Sentra Specv - Track Car

Comment

Not gonna lie, I doubted that you'd ever make any progress lol.

Congrats!
                          StatusRacing.com
                          Configure YOUR Seat Here
                          Tel: 1.480.265.8600
                          Email: sales@statusracing.com
                          Fan us on Facebook

Comment

LMAO dude your a bawse though, extremely entertaining build ahaha

BAR / TheIllu510nEvo<-- check it out

Comment

Originally posted by Shade View Post
                              Wow this is a crazy build thread! My gf just bought a mint 97 Del Sol a while ago, and all is good except the passenger side mirror needs to be replaced from the previous owner. You got an extra one laying around?
                              Originally posted by redciv1
                              Style 5's and E36's are like Civic's and Rota's, just looks good.
                              Originally posted by Francois Dillinger
                              Would you wear skechers with an armani suit?

Comment

Originally posted by ilikestance View Post
                                its coming together man, good work
                                Originally posted by ZipTiedCB7 View Post
                                God damn fantastic buddy. So stoked to see you got the Del Slow running. Wish I could've thrown more good words at ya.
                                Thank you guys. No worries. I have a friend that keeps getting on me about making progress on this car. This has been more of a personal battle to actually FINISH a car and see it all the way to the end. Getting it running is the first big step closer to that goal. Now I have to take care of the things I mentioned in my previous posts before I can address the future modifications.

What I don't think I've mentioned on here before is that I also have my car dealer license as well. So, I have probably been through a hundred cars that have been distractions because I end up buying cars that I'm interested in or want to modify. Or as you know by reading this, to get parts off of.

I bought an E30 a couple of weeks ago and since I can now move the Del Sol out of the garage I'm in the process of replacing the pads/rotors/sensors so that I can drive it around. A distraction because I want to slam it and throw some wheels on it. But I can sell it as well. Decisions.... decisions.

There's an auction going on today with a Del Sol shell for sale...... I have a drivetrain and parts in my garage.... hmmmmmm

............. OH! Let me get back to replying to these post! *sets alarm clock*

Originally posted by Specv118 View Post
                                5 years to get this far.. did i miss something here?
                                Exactly why I started the build thread!

Originally posted by StatusRacing View Post
                                Not gonna lie, I doubted that you'd ever make any progress lol.

Congrats!
                                WHAT?!??!

You need to have a little more faith in the guy with the Del Sol!

Originally posted by Jamil View Post
                                LMAO dude your a bawse though, extremely entertaining build ahaha
                                Thank you. I'm glad that someone is finding my automotive struggles entertaining! I have to laugh myself sometimes to keep from disassembling #5

Originally posted by Shade View Post
                                No, unfortunately I do not have a mirror. It sold with the door.

I drove the car out on the highway for about five miles and turned back around. I can't take the blown struts! I'm driving with no exhaust and no hood in a car that is barely higher than my waist. I was just asking for trouble. Didn't help that the auto parts guy said "hey, you haven't gotten a ticket for driving without a hood?" and then I saw a cop stare at me while he was waiting to turn at a light. So, yeah, I put it up until I address those issues.
                                DEL SOL BUILD THREAD
                                E28 BUILD THREAD

I am.... SICKWITHTHEPEN

Comment

Working...
                                X