Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DEL SLO (technically DEL NO GO) never driven it!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Up for a sol

Buddy has one and I love it
    she got that bootydo

Comment

finally you've gotten this del sloho up and DRIVING! congrats op, gives me inspiration on getting mine finished and driving soon.. lol
      sigpic

Follow me on Instagram! @cskzero

Comment

Originally posted by Chuckdee View Post
        finally you've gotten this del sloho up and DRIVING! congrats op, gives me inspiration on getting mine finished and driving soon.. lol
        Thank you. Glad to know this has inspired someone.
        Now... go out there and get some work done! Your Del Sol can't be as involved as mine was! Unless it is literally just a shell.
        DEL SOL BUILD THREAD
        E28 BUILD THREAD

I am.... SICKWITHTHEPEN

Comment

I picked up some engine mounts on Sunday locally. Put two of the three in and it didn't look like it helped drop the motor any. So, I threw the hood on anyway just to figure out how much space I had and low and behold the damn hood shut without bending on the valve cover. Both my buddy and I are scratching our heads because it actually looked like it was sitting higher.

NOW my hood latch is sticking open. So I'm letting in soak in PB blaster tonight. If that doesn't fix the issue then I am going to go to the junkyard and pull a working hood latch.

So this is how it's looking now with a hood that completely shuts:

I still have to get the exhaust and suspension taken care of. But at least now I can leave the car outside and clean up my garage and sell off all these parts that I have accumulated.

I've also been distracted with this:

Picked it up about a month ago. I put new pads, rotors and brake lining sensors on it. Now I feel comfortable driving it on the highway. I have a couple of little interior things to take car of such as lights no illuminating, odometer not working, seat belt chime won't shut up. I'll get it detailed sometime this week or next. And then make the decision if I want to keep the E30 or sell it.

...... I also bought another car today, but that's just to sell.
          DEL SOL BUILD THREAD
          E28 BUILD THREAD

I am.... SICKWITHTHEPEN

Comment

Went to drive the Del Sol down the street the other day to meet with someone to sell him some car parts. I back out of the driveway and I can't get the transmission out of reverse. I had noticed that the clutch engaged pretty hard earlier.

Ended up remembering that I never replaced the hard clutch line on the transmission. It had a small hole in it. So, I guess enough air got in to make the pedal not disengage the clutch as the pedal is down to the floor now. I think I have the replacement clutch line laying on the Del Sol passenger floor. SMH.

I also picked up the E30 from being detailed and threw it on eBay. If it doesn't sell, it will be the next project after I finish the Del Sol.

DEL SOL BUILD THREAD
            E28 BUILD THREAD

I am.... SICKWITHTHEPEN

Comment

Amazing thread...

Subscribed!
              '09 VW Golf MK6 2.0 TDI DSG
              R lookalike

Comment

Originally posted by PedroM View Post
                Amazing thread...

Subscribed!
                Thank you.

Here's a TINY update!

I bought THIS:

For these:

To do this:

They are temporary, but they sure look a lot better than steelies.

And I'm parting the rest out. DOES ANYONE NEED ANY EG CIVIC PARTS?
                Last edited by los02; 02-02-2012, 04:18 PM.
                DEL SOL BUILD THREAD
                E28 BUILD THREAD

I am.... SICKWITHTHEPEN

Comment

nice thread... ohhh should throw the eg front end on the del sol

Comment

Originally posted by Sompie View Post
                    Yesss!

Comment

Waaaaaiiiiit....
                      You bought a whole car just to use the wheels? Oo

Comment

Originally posted by Sompie View Post
                        Originally posted by KürBFèéleR View Post
                        Yesss!
                        I personally **** that conversion. The front end is staying stock. Will be painted white once I finish pulling/dropping in the motor again.

Originally posted by Bubwubwub View Post
                        Waaaaaiiiiit....
                        You bought a whole car just to use the wheels? Oo
                        Yes. If you follow this thread that's what I tend to do. I also yanked the motor out of that civic and I'm going to sell the shell or part it out and make my money back on it. So the wheels and drive train will have cost me $0.00
                        DEL SOL BUILD THREAD
                        E28 BUILD THREAD

I am.... SICKWITHTHEPEN

Comment

GREAT thread. Just went through the entire thing. Keep it up!

Comment

i love you.

Comment

Originally posted by B Rod View Post
                              GREAT thread. Just went through the entire thing. Keep it up!
                              Thank you.
                              Originally posted by fresh.gen View Post
                              i love you.
                              Ummmmm.....

I picked up a hard clutch line without a hole in it from the junkyard. I have also been having a hard time getting the hood release cable to return. I thought it was the latch, so I switched latches and I still had the same problem. So I also picked up a hood release cable as well. It started to rain and I didn't get a chance to install them. I hope to get a chance tomorrow and then I'll be able to move the car around again.
                              DEL SOL BUILD THREAD
                              E28 BUILD THREAD

I am.... SICKWITHTHEPEN

Comment

Tried to replace the hard clutch line and the junkyard one was rusted on one end. I haven't been able to break the threaded part free from the hard line. I sprayed it with PB blaster and hopefully tomorrow I can connect the line and move the car.

I didn't touch the hood cable at all today.
                                DEL SOL BUILD THREAD
                                E28 BUILD THREAD

I am.... SICKWITHTHEPEN

Comment

Working...
                                X