• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sigpic

Comment

• lol, go 6 rotor.

Comment

• Originally posted by indy510 View Post
        No way a VQ35DE would fit under the stock hood ... and the VG30DE(TT) is HUGE!!!

.... I hope you're thinking a VG30E with a low-pro EFI intake off a V6 200SX

I'd rather see a L28 sticking through the hood than some ugly VQ35DE plastic cover/intake tube .. and their oil pans hang too low

Err what stock hood?

Previous rendering idea:

"Never argue with an idiot; they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience"

Comment

• To the poster that posted that this guy cant weld.
          I must admit I was kinda let down when I found out (by the welder at the shop im working at) that hes using an orbitual welding machine (atleast thats what he said, noone can weld like that on free hand)

But on another note, this guy CAN weld, and thank god for that, I've seen alot of guys braging about their skills at tig welding which ended up looking like someone sprayed shit all over the rollcage...

Now a days, if you have a tig machine your a god... (im not saying im good at welding, but this guy knows what hes doing, he still deserves credit for doing something noone else would do and doing a fucking great job at it.

Keep it up, maybe get a move on, in need of more updates :-)
          Thanks to dynaBel A/S, Digital Designs, Mosconi and Gladen Audio

Comment

• Originally posted by tmolberg View Post
            To the poster that posted that this guy cant weld.
            I must admit I was kinda let down when I found out (by the welder at the shop im working at) that hes using an orbitual welding machine (atleast thats what he said, noone can weld like that on free hand)

But on another note, this guy CAN weld, and thank god for that, I've seen alot of guys braging about their skills at tig welding which ended up looking like someone sprayed shit all over the rollcage...

Now a days, if you have a tig machine your a god... (im not saying im good at welding, but this guy knows what hes doing, he still deserves credit for doing something noone else would do and doing a fucking great job at it.

Keep it up, maybe get a move on, in need of more updates :-)
            Much appreciated! Shawn (the human torch) does everything you've seen free hand. The key is turning or fixturing the part in the best possible position. We do have several orbital welders that we setup from time to time to do reverse osmosis and wastewater treatment systems, but wouldn't think twice about using one for an exhaust system.
            SENZA PARI

SENZA PARI by SENZA PARI #1, on Flickr
            Flickr Album:
            http://www.flickr.com/photos/74953263@N07/

Comment

• Originally posted by 340i View Post
              im a big fan of 1uz's but the v6 is a good choice, being lighter, the same marque, and more performance oriented from the factory. are you going single or twin turbo?

also, can you please do more welding videos? that would make me (and a fair few other people, i think) quite happy.
              Twins, with the turbos mounted in the fender openings behind the front wheels, exiting the exhaust right out the fender. There's already people making 1000+ whp on GT30-71's so I doubt I'll be going any bigger. Anything more will just increase lag. We'll see.
              Tial housings are a must... if its one thing I can't stand its using T4/6 flanges. Who on earth ever though it'd be a wise idea to use rectangular ports on a flange when every piece of raw material you'd ever use is round... and the reason for it being round is that gasses flow through it most efficiently. Stange concept...

Shawn just had shoulder surgery last week, so he'll be unable to weld for about 6-8 weeks. Once he's back in the game i'll put some more vids up:-)

Originally posted by indy510 View Post
              No way a VQ35DE would fit under the stock hood ... and the VG30DE(TT) is HUGE!!!

.... I hope you're thinking a VG30E with a low-pro EFI intake off a V6 200SX

I'd rather see a L28 sticking through the hood than some ugly VQ35DE plastic cover/intake tube .. and their oil pans hang too low
              The VG30DET is 6" shorter front to back than the 1UZ, and 4" narrower. Heightwise I don't know yet, but the frame will be built around the motor so there won't be any compromises in getting the block as low as possible.
              As for fitting a VG30 in an S30 chassis, it has been done before. There's a pretty nice build thread of a guy doing just this on HybridZ.
              Last edited by SENZA PARI; 07-24-2012, 08:01 PM.
              SENZA PARI

Flickr Album:

Comment

• you gotta find something to do with that turbo L28 you were building, or just crate it up for my ZX. just kidding man, looks great!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jlyons617 View Post
                  you gotta find something to do with that turbo L28 you were building, or just crate it up for my ZX. just kidding man, looks great!
                  Its a non-turbo, and I never had any intentions of doing anything with it... started an exahust manifold but got busy with some higher priority work. Do you need a motor?? I have no plans or need for it currently.
                  SENZA PARI

Flickr Album:

Comment

• This works...

IMAG0240 by SENZA PARI #1, on Flickr

Updates in the Texas Mile 7 thread.
                    SENZA PARI

Flickr Album:

Comment

• please keep the original wheelbase!
                      Hatchbacks, wagons... It's NOT all the same. You want in? Don't get a mazda 3, get a mazda 6 wagon. Don't get a wrx get a legacy wagon. and theres a reason the A3 isn't called the A3 avant... Scion does not make a wagon it makes a weird van, but no wagons

Sincerely,
                      The Wagon Mafia:Inner Circle
                      P.S. Is your tail a wagon?

Show cars are lame.

Comment

• ^ Little late for that

♥ Raf

For Sale - e24 Build thread

Add me on Facebook
                        Instagram @Dared_Turtle

Comment

• More drooloni
                          Real name is James

Comment

• Originally posted by Rebounder View Post
                            please keep the original wheelbase!
                            The stock wheelbase is much too short to handle the way it will need to, especially with the wider width. I do also prefer the look of a longer wheelbase... just my opinion of course... but in this case fuction trumps.
                            SENZA PARI

Flickr Album:

Comment

• more pics?

Comment

• Originally posted by ionz View Post
                                more pics?
                                Sure... but none just yet of the Z's progress. I've been gone this past week and will be up north for my bother's wedding. Good times:-)
                                Anyway, here are a few more of another 7 build for the time being:

Street exhaust with dump:

IMAG0310 by SENZA PARI #1, on Flickr

IMAG0312 by SENZA PARI #1, on Flickr

Coil pack bracket, to be mounted on the frame rail in a location of the engine tuner's choosing:

IMAG0304 by SENZA PARI #1, on Flickr

IMAG0302 by SENZA PARI #1, on Flickr

And a few of the second engine bay:

IMAG0298 by SENZA PARI #1, on Flickr

IMAG0296 by SENZA PARI #1, on Flickr

IMAG0291 by SENZA PARI #1, on Flickr

IMAG0288 by SENZA PARI #1, on Flickr

New water-neck flange and fitting:

IMAG0285 by SENZA PARI #1, on Flickr

IMAG0282 by SENZA PARI #1, on Flickr

IMAG0175 by SENZA PARI #1, on Flickr

IMAG0173 by SENZA PARI #1, on Flickr

And the other bay:

IMAG0165 by SENZA PARI #1, on Flickr

IMAG0161 by SENZA PARI #1, on Flickr

And just for fun... saw this bad boy over the weekend at the EAA air show. It brings in big-wigs/money from all over the world. You'll see some pretty wild stuff cruising through town during the week.

IMAG0272 by SENZA PARI #1, on Flickr

IMAG0277 by SENZA PARI #1, on Flickr

IMAG0276 by SENZA PARI #1, on Flickr

IMAG0281 by SENZA PARI #1, on Flickr

This roof made me feel insignificant:-/

IMAG0273 by SENZA PARI #1, on Flickr

The exhaust actually exit right behind the front wheels... reminds me of the old Forester exhaust:-)

IMAG0279 by SENZA PARI #1, on Flickr
                                SENZA PARI

Flickr Album:

Comment

Working...
                                X