Clear All

• holy crap.

Comment

• This is just too nice dude, amazing work... O_O

Comment

• IM ready

to see those wheels on that car.

Comment

• Just read through all 11 pages, got to this point and all I could think was NOOOOOOO there needs to be more!
          Awesome build! Can't praise you enough on this, it is quite mind-blowing!

Comment

• It can't be seen enough. THIS. Those welds. I'm lost for words.

On a side note:
            The work you're doing in Solidworks - are you then sending the files to be fabricated or is it just for your own reference? I study Industrial Design and use the program myself so I understand the level of complexity you would be going through to model all of this.

Comment

• Originally posted by jcflowers View Post

It can't be seen enough. THIS. Those welds. I'm lost for words.

On a side note:
              The work you're doing in Solidworks - are you then sending the files to be fabricated or is it just for your own reference? I study Industrial Design and use the program myself so I understand the level of complexity you would be going through to model all of this.
              Thank you!
              Every solid model, other than non-fabricated parts such as a wastegate or un-modified elbow, is saved as a parasolid or dxf file for cutting on the laser or waterjet... so what we model is exactly what we end up with. Most fit-up or clearance issues are realized and solved/avoided long before any material is cut or welded.
              Everything is designed, cut, and welded in house. And when component parts fit up as well as they do, the welds steal the show... and we expolit that!

Mating parts of exhaust components, etc. are usually added to the assembly models in order to check for clearances within the engine bay, or wherever else the part may end up within the car. This makes communicating with customers much easier as well as we can show them exactly how something will look, fit.... or not work at all. Its a very helpful tool in many regards.

TIAL 60MM WASTEGATE by SENZA PARI #1, on Flickr
              SENZA PARI

SENZA PARI by SENZA PARI #1, on Flickr
              Flickr Album:
              http://www.flickr.com/photos/74953263@N07/

Comment

• Wow! It's great to see it being put to good use.
                And it really is a great tool in the sense that it will realise any mistakes you may have made in the initial design phase - removes most of the "trial and error" in creating custom parts.

I'll definitely follow this thread. I'm quite interested in the active incorporation of SolidWorks in this.

Comment

• You are a modern day blacksmith. Build is epic.

Comment

• beyond perfection

-Updated 07-29-2013- _ padraig@deathsquad.ca _ _

Comment

• Every time I click on this build something new blows my mind, so awesome!
                      sigpic

Comment

• It's pretty obvious that you've got a passion for perfection..

Comment

• found something simlar on the web, Rear wheels are 14x 17, 335/35/17 http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3805308/1970-datsun-240z

loving this build btw

Comment

• words vant describe how incrediblyawesome this is. feel like im dreaming

For Sale - e24 Build thread

Add me on Facebook
                            Instagram @Dared_Turtle

Comment

• i wanna have sex with your welds....

amazing build... i reallly hoped you'd wouldnt paint the rims.. but thank god we all have a different taste =)
                              opel manta a 1971 Rally
                              x Ford Taunus 1600 2door 1973
                              x Ford Taunus 1600 saloon 1974
                              x Opel Manta 2000 turbo 1971
                              x Opel Olympia a SR

Comment

• Holy. Fu*king. Shit! This build is amazing!

Comment

Working...
                                X