Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chuckie View Post
    that's a fiat x1/9, awesome thread man!
    Thats kinda close! x1/9 was its direct competitor.

Zammo, I don't really know yet! The hardware and wiring isn't complex, but I'm having a hard time building the frame so all the axes are perpendicular and don't bind. We shall see. I have 2 more days of wiring I suspect.

Comment

That's a Triumph TR7.

Nice fabrication skills in this thread here...

Greetz

Comment

Yeah! 1977 Triumph TR-7 with 70,000 mi. Not that mileage means anything on a TR-7! I just dropped the head off at my local machine shop and got the custom (4x3-3/4 to 4x100mm) wheel adapters in from Adaptec. These wheels will need the rear fenders clearenced a bit as the tires are a pretty conservative 195-45-15. The paint is pretty cherry although really flat, but I might add some material to the rear fenders to get the 15x7s to fit. like this:

Originally posted by OrangeBlue View Post
        That's a Triumph TR7.

Nice fabrication skills in this thread here...

Greetz

Comment

This all of this is jaw dropping!
          Join the dark side:The Boog Build Thread

Comment

Thanks man.

so I finally got the wheels to fit under the rear fenders! next I need to piece together some coilovers for the front and back and figure out where I want the ride height. The standard spring rates are 65 lb/in in the front (mcphersons) pretty weak! I might go with a 250 lb/in spring and get some adjustable collars and a shorter strut. The front swaybar double acts as the front locating link, so after a certain amount of suspension height change, its most likely going to bind up. I might fab up a more conventional front locating link and swaybar setup. The rear is just a solid axle with a triangulated 4 link, so it wont be too hard to make some coilovers work back there.

the fenders are going to take a little more finesse, and a good rolling, but now I have space for some really wide tires if I ever decide to put a v8 in it
            Last edited by godzillus; 06-29-2012, 04:25 PM.

Comment

you're fabrication.....

and yes... i did just post 2 spongebob gifs lol

IG: Nick475

Comment

Originally posted by Nick475 View Post
                you're fabrication.....

and yes... i did just post 2 spongebob gifs lol
                Thanks dood!

So I mounted a new griffin radiator that I found cheap on ebay. I removed the filler neck and added studs to the top and bottom so it is captive the same way the stock one was.

If any of you guys really want to weld alloy, but cant afford a TIG, a MIG spool gun works pretty well. its not as pretty, and takes some preheating, but for $250, you don't have to take every aluminum welding project to a welder.

Comment

That RX7 looks fuckin' great.

Can we have some

Comment

Originally posted by OrangeBlue View Post
                    That RX7 looks fuckin' great.

Can we have some

Thanks Brometheus!

A thread isn't a success until there is a Billy Idol meme I guess!
                    It really does look a lot like a 1st gen rx7. It has a 2.0L 45 degree SOHC slant four with dual Webers. They're the scheisty DGV Webers (I had them on a nissan L24 and the Porsche when it was still gas) The adapters for them always make the fuel flow uphill at crazy angles and never was convinced they could run well.
                    Anyway, I get the head back tomorrow hopefully and I am trying to whip up a EFI system for it so I can install it soon after I get the head on. Stay tuned for some pics!

Comment

• The aftermarket weber kit. There is a bit of a compromise in the manifold design to get the carbs to clear the hood. I am now building a simple fuel only batch-fire MS1 system running a speed density algorithm .

Injector bosses and EGR block-off plate

welding the casting proved to be problematic to say the least. I cleaned and preheated like crazy, but I suspect the porosity hid alot of grime. In retrospect, I should have ground down the casting a bit to get rid of the pores. Oh well! I can always take a dremmel to it and bead blast the whole thing

Comment

• those welds WOW just WOW grind them lol

Once apon-a-time world famous Photochopper
                        http://zammothechoppa.deviantart.com/ : )

Comment

• Yeah those welds...LOL. I'll get back to those soon

Adapter plate.

TPS off a GSXR

just need to do some vacuum plumbing, figure out an idle air bypass valve, build a wiring harness, and install the IAT and CLT sensors

Comment

• I have been busy doing some finish work on a house I built and haven't had much time to work on the car projects. I finished everything on the Triumph Injection except a pump and supply line. I haven't decided if I will use an intank pump, or just mount an inline as close to the tank as possible. I also need to come up with a throttle linkage and an airbox. I also have been working on a solidworks model of the Porsche to see the various aerodynamic effects of an undertray, splitter, wider rear fenders etc. The trick is to make all surfaces closed up, so the model can be turned into a solid and can be run in the SW CFD modeling. I know, I know, needs more camber. lol

Comment

• FUCK YOU AND YOUR TALENTS

its not enough that you did all that other stuff now you rub it in with some 3D modelling skillz aswell

previous solid works img you posted did not say you made it.

in the 1600s you would be burned att the stake or trown of a cliff to see if you can fly :P

Once apon-a-time world famous Photochopper
                              http://zammothechoppa.deviantart.com/ : )

Comment

• I just have to say, being a fabricator myself I admire your work. I really hope you post up a little how-to or perhaps some info on learning the casting process, as well as a few tips and tricks.

Again, amazing work, and I look forward to more progress.
                                - Bagged '98 Chevy S10 - Stock '88 Volvo 240DL - Broken '87 Mitsubishi Starion ESi-R - Also Broken '87 Shelby Lancer #707/800 -

Comment

Working...
                                X