No announcement yet.

1969 simca 1118

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PM me if you think you're up to making ITBs for a BMW M73 motor !!!

I seriously would like to have such done.... !

Great work, and a great project.... a Simca is a very special project
    E36 M3ti TURBO | E46 328i DAILY | E60 535d M-TECH | DODGE RAM - CUMMINS TWIN TURBO

Comment

Originally posted by superturbodiesel.com View Post
      omg, what a amazing car!
      Thanks. I know I haven't said much about the car concerning suspension and stance, but in due time...

Originally posted by Angelic0- View Post
      PM me if you think you're up to making ITBs for a BMW M73 motor !!!

I seriously would like to have such done.... !

Great work, and a great project.... a Simca is a very special project

Hahaha well, we'll see how the four turn out. I want to redo the wagon's itb system after this so it looks more like an old hilborn system. I also have some experience with microcontrollers and would like to make a variable length intake runners for it.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMVioC2XGO0&feature=related"]variable air intake function test - YouTube[/ame]

I also would like to build a CNC router, so I dont have to rely on my mediocre woodworking skills for making moulds. Also this would speed up the process and I could more quickly and accurately crank out moulds with all the right draft angles, sprues, etc.

After I make the CNC, a V-12 ITB setup would definitely be worth looking into...

Comment

this is truely cool... i wish i had a lathe
        sigpic

Comment

damn,

lack of parts

challenge accepted

i make them myself
          Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

Originally posted by integral View Post
            this is truely cool... i wish i had a lathe
            Thanks dude.

Get one!! Nothing is better than going out to the garage at 12 at night and not having to worry about bugging a shop foreman or waiting for the school shop to open.

Manual machine tools can be had for pretty cheap these days.

Originally posted by P78 View Post
            damn,

lack of parts

challenge accepted

i make them myself
            It's the only way I roll.....

Comment

I really admire your work. I would love to learn about the molding in near future! If you need any parts feel free to ask, I know few Simca enthusiasts.

Comment

Pretty amazing you're casting your own pieces. Keep up the awesome work man, def looking forward to more progress.
                91 Golf Rebuild - slow as fuck right now

Comment

Beautiful work. Really admire what you're able to do.

Comment

So disappointed this is barely at three pages!!!!!

Definitely loving this thread, keep up the real work!

Comment

You're a popular guy!

Keep up the good work! Love looking at your progress!!
                      Matt Cotton
                      Lake Mohawk, NJ
                      1969 Simca 1118
                      1965 Simca 1000
                      1969 Renault R16

Comment

sub'n to the awesumnessess that is this.
                        Last edited by ZammoTheChoppa; 01-31-2012, 02:09 PM.

Once apon-a-time world famous Photochopper
                        http://zammothechoppa.deviantart.com/ : )

Comment

Originally posted by njsimca View Post
                          Keep up the good work! Love looking at your progress!!
                          Matt Cotton
                          Lake Mohawk, NJ
                          1969 Simca 1118
                          1965 Simca 1000
                          1969 Renault R16

Thanks guys! Matt that's quite the treasure trove of french machinery!

I unfortunately don't have much to report on the Simca other than I made another mould of the intake, this time with two bosses per runner to allow for dual stage injection. I'll post pics of that later. I spent a lot of time on school work last semester and didn't get much else done. Over the winter, I decided to work on my dad's electric conversion of a 1971 Porsche 914 that has been sitting in our backyard forever. It is a 144v lead-acid pack powering a 9" 21kW Advanced DC motor through a 500A Curtis controller.

In interest of weight savings and simplicity, most or the rear sheetmetal has been cut out and replaced with squaretube. I am making the sulfiric acid-proof polypropelyne boxes for the 12 67lb batteries. It should weigh 400lbs more than stock and have half the power, but hey! My dad wants to couple another motor to it and acquire a next generation 1500Amp controller so we can have some decent performance.

The last month, I have been working on fiberglass moulds for the trunks, doors, and a homemade undertray. (the front bumper is a fiberglass 916 piece)

Thanks for your interest! I hope to work harder this year to get much more done.

Comment

Dam ay everyone is doing the backyard electric convos these days

Once apon-a-time world famous Photochopper
                            http://zammothechoppa.deviantart.com/ : )

Comment

I have not made any progress on the Simca, but have finished, and started, some projects that I have been wanting to do for a while.

First, I finally got to drive the VoltsPorsche! Surprisingly quick! and there is nothing like the sound of a 9" DC Series wound motor whirring behind you at 6000rpm! Breaks the tiny 15" tires loose with ease. here are the 12 trojan lead acid 12v ready to go in:

First test drive. I managed to blow the 500amp controller, so a 1200amp fully digital, interface-able, water cooled controller is in order.

While I am waiting for the new parts, I will cast up this plug receptacle and spring-loaded lid to receive the 240v charge. should take 4-6 hrs per charge:

I am also working on a small 24x24 CNC router to cut moulds withmore speed and accuracy. here itthe start of the x and y axes. I made simple moulds for the gantry arms and got a little more practice with lettering(U.S. Robots is an Isaac Asimov reference):

Next I made castings and built a tool box for a friend's architecture drafting tools(her last name is Diekmeier:

Finally, for our senior design machine shop class, I built an oscillating cylinder engine that runs off a pressure source(the one they were doing in class was lame and made out of bar stock. I souped it up and added some ball bearings and a bit better timing for high RPM's lol):

Comment

Your on a whole nother level, my freind!!!
                                Amazing

Comment

Working...
                                X