Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ZammoTheChoppa View Post
    FUCK YOU AND YOUR TALENTS

its not enough that you did all that other stuff now you rub it in with some 3D modelling skillz aswell

previous solid works img you posted did not say you made it.

in the 1600s you would be burned att the stake or trown of a cliff to see if you can fly :P
    lol we get to download it at the U of A. One of the more useful perks of engineering school!

Originally posted by Daviticus View Post
    I just have to say, being a fabricator myself I admire your work. I really hope you post up a little how-to or perhaps some info on learning the casting process, as well as a few tips and tricks.

Again, amazing work, and I look forward to more progress.
    Thanks dude! Is there anything in particular you want to see? I need to build a LPG/ Natural Gas foundry soon so I can get more heat and less inclusions, I'll try to take pics of that process.

I ended up having to cut up my griffin radiator more, as it had the wrong o.d.'s and angles on the outlet and inlet, as well as a vapor accumulator fitting. So I spent the day turning fittings and welding them up. But now the cooling system is about done!

Comment

• I'm honestly not even sure. Maybe some tips on how or where to get started with that kind of stuff? I'm clueless when it comes to casting and molding, I just cut, weld, bend and CNC hahaha.
      - Bagged '98 Chevy S10 - Stock '88 Volvo 240DL - Broken '87 Mitsubishi Starion ESi-R - Also Broken '87 Shelby Lancer #707/800 -

Comment

• Ok, sounds good. I started a little write up/ materials list awhile ago, so I'll dig that up and finish it.

Comment

• https://vimeo.com/47674958
          A quick video my brother and I made when he was in town

Comment

• Another photodump of shit not directly car related!

Cast up som adapters to convert straight bolt SBC valve covers to early corvette bolt pattern for a buddy.

Started another project...

Redisgned my router and got some machining done....

And started on a waste oil burner system for my foundry. This is so I can use used cooking oil and propane/ natural gas depending on availability. Charcoal is inconsistent at best in terms of spark emission and temperature control. I made this injector with an adjustable needle valve so I can fine tune the oil spray. I am using a swamp cooler motor to drive the blower and the oilpump, which is modified from a chevy I6. I have a bypass system, so I can return surplus oil to the oil tank(old surplus Jerry can) and maintain the right pressure at the injector.

The Blower housing will be a cast piece and will have bosses for mounting onto the foundry chassis, the pump, the motor and the nozzle. I have designed it so I can use my old heater squirrel cage from my 57 chevy(who needs a heater in tucson?). I have made some progress on it but have yet to take pictures.

Here is the modified Chevy pump. I have added a drive Shaft to it so I can mount a v-belt pulley to it. It also requires a plate that bolts to where it originally did on the chevy engine to transition the oil outlet to an NPT fitting, and also houses a bearing for the driveshaft. I have pulled out the original pressure bypass spring and made an alloy adjustment knob, so I can set the oil pressure bypass threshold on the fly.

Hopefully soon I wont have to use a hairdryer anymore!

Comment

• sweet always look forward to updates from you

still not enough but

moar

MOAR

i demand moar NAOW

Once apon-a-time world famous Photochopper
              http://zammothechoppa.deviantart.com/ : )

Comment

• i can feel your need Zammo
                Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

• I had forgot about this thread, that's some serious skills
                  Check out my Alfa restoration here:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8l...7WzTiNj8Xy6C4A

Comment

• Thanks guys! The router and Triumph are priority right now, and Im hoping to get some major work done on both over the break. I've also been trying to finish up my straw bale house that I built, and I need to do a few things before the electrician can come in and finish it up. I would do it myself but the regulations book is a little thick! We are also setting up a machine shop at work, and I might have over-committed in helping out! Its going to be a busy winter break.

Comment

• i come in here expecting to see the start of a dropped simca project.

then i see you melt alloys to fab your own throttle bodies.
                      then you make an electric porsche
                      then you build a triumph
                      then you decide to build a cafe racer too
                      then you make injectos and fuel rail setup
                      oh but somewhere in the middle of that you decide to make your own foundry
                      well that was slowed down by the fact that you are building a STRAW HOUSE

i am:
                      Last edited by Miroteknik; 12-12-2012, 04:12 PM.

Comment

• lol it would be a miracle if I finished anything though!

Here is a photo of the strawbales going in. Its sort of a hybrid strawbale/CMU/SIPs house. It has a loft uptop for a 600sqft bedroom, solar water heating, radiant floor heating/cooling and my bro and I cast up the stairs and countertops out of concrete. Its much more complete now, like I said, just the final electrical, some more inspections, then I get a certificate of occupancy!

Comment

• this is not STANCEHOUSE but please post more pictures of the straw house because wooden houses are overrated and you have all kinds of wizardry going on with solar water cast concrete radiaton CPU hybrid stuff that I'd like to see.

i also am known for starting things and not finishing. (high-five)

Comment

• WOW! amazing stuff your doing! I cant wait to see more!

Do you have anywhere other then forums where your documenting all these projects and their progress?

Build thread ------> http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1186733#post1186733

Comment

• CNC almost done:

I got it to write stuff.

And built new lower control arms for the Simca. Im thinking about runing some late model Fiat Abarth 15" in wheels, since they are also 4x98mm PCD

Comment

• woohoo nice work

Once apon-a-time world famous Photochopper
                                http://zammothechoppa.deviantart.com/ : )

Comment

Working...
                                X