No announcement yet.

Satchealous Garage Mk1 rabbit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I drove the e21 for the last time the other day. It's off insurance and hopefully will have a new owner soon.

Bimmer Miata Cruise from Satchealous Garage on Vimeo.

I've been slowly collecting parts for the rabbit so hopefully I can get some work done between semesters. First project will converting my rear end into the early style to work with my new tail lights

Comment

Nice, small tails look way better

--Golden Boy E30 Build--

--My Shop: Where Passion Meets Livelihood (or tries to)--

--Etsy Shop--

--@ayyyitsmikey--

Comment

Great progression, please keep it up!

Comment

Updates!? Good shit man
          Looking for 1984 MK1 Westy Rabbit Parts, hit me up with what ya got!

Comment

Thanks but sadly no real updates. I guess there should be some soon seeing as I'm actually going to need to need this car for the summer

Last edited by aaron22; 03-24-2013, 10:11 AM.

Comment

I can't wait for more updates.
              I love this thing.

Comment

Always loved MK1's.. Nice build.
                [COLOR=#ff0000]Lifetime Project[/COLOR]--- 1999 Mercedes C230 Kompressor, but converted to Turbo. Attempting to finish it up.
                [COLOR=#ff0000]The Daily[/COLOR]---2011 C350 4matic[COLOR=#ff0000][/COLOR][COLOR=#ff0000][/COLOR][COLOR=#ff0000][/COLOR]​

Comment

So much hidden rust

Comment

So I've started tinkering with this car again after not touching it for the entire summer. I had to store it at a friends place, as I didn't have anywhere to keep it. But recently, I've moved back to my hometown and have a spot in the garage for the rabbit . No welder or compressed air anymore, but at least I can work on it again.

Loading it onto the trailer was a pain in the ass... luckily it's a light car and my buddy and I were able to sort of lift the back up and over when it was trying to high centre itself on the ramps.

And I acquired some bigger carbs last year. Gonna have to spend some time designing a new manifold for them though.

Aaaand in other news, I picked up a $500 beater e34. Patched a gas line, and the rad, replaced an 02 sensor, and it drives like a champ! I'm off the the scrapper tomorrow to pick up some parts for it (and hopefully some rabbit parts too).

Comment

• Your MK1 just looks so cool. The first pic in your most recent post makes no bumpers look rad.

--Golden Boy E30 Build--

--My Shop: Where Passion Meets Livelihood (or tries to)--

--Etsy Shop--

--@ayyyitsmikey--

Comment

• Originally posted by CubbyChowder View Post
                        Your MK1 just looks so cool. The first pic in your most recent post makes no bumpers look rad.
                        hah I actually sold those while I was at school last year so that I could afford groceries. Luckily I like the bumperless look too

Comment

• I'm so happy you're still building this.

Comment

• Originally posted by SheaMoose View Post
                            I'm so happy you're still building this.
                            me too!

I did a little work today and made sort of a big decision with the fenders. There's no going back now...

I figure something like this should work:

It should leave me a little bit of room for even wider wheels/tires. I've been digging around the net for a while, looking for ZG flares on a rabbit. Seems like no one has done it?!?! There must be something I don't know.

I also finally got around to mounting my mirror

Comment

• Awesome job! love those old rabbits

Comment

• Mocked up my badgeless grill and all my front end bits. I'm still not feeling the grill but it's all I've got so hopefully it will grow on me. Seems like it still needs trimming though

And all torn apart for the rest of the winter so I can get some real work done

Comment

Working...
                                X