No announcement yet.

I Like Exclusive: V. 2.0 Fairlady Z content

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holy shit the detail on that model car is crazy!

Comment

• wow!
      2011 Outback 2.5i 6MT #subarubaru - daily/off-pavement adventure vehicle
      2001 BMW 325i Wagon 6MT #daswagoon - wife's #becauseracewagon
      1996 Suburban 2500 TD #superbbourbon - tow bitch/people hauler

Comment

• holy shit the detail on that thing is insane
        @dano_reyno

Comment

• wow. There is a toy model of your car.... wow. Not many peeps can say that about their cars. All the awesome work is bound to get you some attention!

Comment

• That is tool cool! There are some seriously talented model builders on that forum.

Comment

• It's a bit out of date now with the new hood-catch smoothing thingy
              Originally posted by Stupid Kid
              You're the worst everything everywhere

Comment

• lots of work has happened on the car. Ive been swamped with lots of things, but I want to finish it before June, so it has to get done asap.

Harness work is pushing forward. Harness pictures dont show much, but there was lots of progress work looking like this

and this

then came the mock up of the mil-spec connectors

nice and tucked back there out of view. After the full heatercore was out, i tig welded some new heater core bypass tubes and installed them. One of the huge plusses to having a mock up motor on a stand in the garage. Mocked everything up without even going near the car.

ill have to take a picture of that, but it clears up a lot of space back there and drops another 60lbs of weight off the car

since everything was off to do the work behind the motor, I wanted to check everything over on the car that I had done during the motor build 3 years ago. things like fuel lines, etc. Replaced a few of the fragola AN fittings with new fresh ones that were different angles too since I no longer had heater core pipes to make my way around..

and now for the final things. finishing the harness, and the stainless brake lines...

oh and the intake mani has to get modified a little bit more. lol
                sigpic
                1990 Nissan fairlady Z32 - long term build
                1982 euro porsche 930 turbo

"A less- assuming enthusiast probably wouldnt even think that this Z ran because of how naked the engine compartment was. The motor looks as if it just floats there, with nothing else in sight." Super Street 9/2012

http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=19185

Comment

• God I love this car

Epic work, keep it up!
                  Bone stock 2004 Audi A8

Comment

• SO EPIC Vince

W I L D M A N 'S R O D S H O P

R.I.P P.WALKER 2013/11/30

Comment

• If my harness looked like that I would probably shit myself... When it comes to electronics I'm useless. Nice work tho! Love the car.
                      Last edited by Koss; 05-23-2013, 09:08 AM.

Comment

• looking good sir
                        " You made your choice, I made my choice, at the end of the day if you don't like my choice it's your problem not mine"

New Z build
                        http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...99#post1498599

New M3 DD build
                        http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...65#post1498765

Comment

• Words just can't accurately express the level you are taking this car too.
                          If ever a car deserved the description "Perfect" I feel this one is fast approaching that.

Originally posted by Koss View Post
                          If my harness looked like that I would probably shit myself...
                          huge x2
                          Originally posted by electricalbox
                          12 inches of goodness!

Comment

• Epic harness cleanup. Where did you pickup all your mil spec plugs? Do you have all the crimpers to make the plugs OEM like?

"Never argue with an idiot; they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience"

Comment

• yeah, luckily i have the tools to get the job done properly. These were thanks to my dad who shockingly had these tools, and a good bud Ed who builds racecars daily and knows as much about this stuff as I do wheels..

camber is now all set for the foreseeable future... -3.75deg all around. and the temporary wheel test fit is a success so far.. cant wait to get those tires on them. No pictures yet of the wheels as it and the completed bay will debut soon enough all at once when I get to pull this hopefully running car out of the garage and into the daylight in a few days/weeks.

and I think I may be pulling a few strings to get started on that final set of wheels for the fairlady... This coming winter should be interesting.. I think its down to a few final details around the car, final wheels, and a few surrounding parts (to the wheels). You can see how soon the planning starts for the upcoming year.. haha

The discussion about the ITB manifold did come back up into conversation again today, so who knows though. hahaha This project will be with me till im an old man, so it'll likely never be "complete". It does need a suitable stable (new and large stable), and a new stablemate though which are priorities for the next year or two......

Originally posted by righteousrags88 View Post
                              Your new project will be a 911 huh?
                              The porsche guess is correct by the way. Thats where ill leave it.. it will be the fairlady's far older brother.

---
                              Last edited by 1badg35; 05-28-2013, 09:46 PM.
                              sigpic
                              1990 Nissan fairlady Z32 - long term build
                              1982 euro porsche 930 turbo

"A less- assuming enthusiast probably wouldnt even think that this Z ran because of how naked the engine compartment was. The motor looks as if it just floats there, with nothing else in sight." Super Street 9/2012

http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=19185

Comment

• please say 356, please

Comment

Working...
                                X