No announcement yet.

I Like Exclusive: V. 2.0 Fairlady Z content

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the way the hood mounts and the overhang wont work (will check though) with mounting the hood from a different spot.

before I actually cut into anything, i will be trying to devise a plan, but I appreciate the thought you guys are putting into this. I actually thought at one point to mount the pins upside down and mount the threaded post into the hood below the surface so you dont see it, but i literally have no access to stick my hand into pop the hood. haha

ill figure something out... Will happen this weekend most likely
    sigpic
    1990 Nissan fairlady Z32 - long term build
    1982 euro porsche 930 turbo

"A less- assuming enthusiast probably wouldnt even think that this Z ran because of how naked the engine compartment was. The motor looks as if it just floats there, with nothing else in sight." Super Street 9/2012

http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=19185

Comment

• I can't wait to see what amazing plan you have for the hood

Comment

• That makes sense, I hadn't really considered how narrow the cowl area of the Z so you would be limited in available "place and slide" space. Plus the indent on the underside of the hood, especially around the strut tower tops, would probably interfere.

Anyway, thank you for taking the suggestion as a compliment to the awesomeness of this project and not a doubt in your abilities. I'm sure whatever solution you device will be on par with the rolling artwork that is this car

E36 318iS Clubsport : Build thread coming soon

Comment

• Originally posted by 1badg35 View Post
          I may mount them in a way that is flush to the hood so they do not protrude up, but ill never smooth them into the hood. The paint on almost the entire car is original, so i wont be messing with paint on the hood.
          could you color-match them? might help blend in.
          2011 Outback 2.5i 6MT #subarubaru - daily/off-pavement adventure vehicle
          2001 BMW 325i Wagon 6MT #daswagoon - wife's #becauseracewagon
          1996 Suburban 2500 TD #superbbourbon - tow bitch/people hauler

Comment

• already done. they were painted this morning along with the hood hinges and the radiator support area that was smoothed
            sigpic

"A less- assuming enthusiast probably wouldnt even think that this Z ran because of how naked the engine compartment was. The motor looks as if it just floats there, with nothing else in sight." Super Street 9/2012

Comment

• She's back..
              sigpic

Comment

• Super excited Vince. Can't wait to see the final out come

Comment

• Pics please!

Comment

• Need more of this perfected beaut of a fairlady

Don't tell me life is so short, what have you done that's longer?

Comment

• pictures will be up shortly.. she is coming back together on nights after work.

things left at this point
                      -finish the heater core delete (some tig welding of coolant hardpipes basically as the rest is done)
                      -harness -ugh
                      -new radiator.... scheming here as im going to be doing a one off unit
                      -mount the hood hold downs
                      -finish the shaved wiper cowls
                      sigpic

Comment

• Will be looking for pics! That bay is too damn clean.
                        sigpic

Follow me on Instagram! @cskzero

Comment

• Your new project will be a 911 huh?

Comment

• this car has always been an inspiration to me, was hoping to see you back at staggered 2013 this year.

any plans for a first show with the new changes?

can't wait to shoot some photos of this.
                            sigpic

Comment

• yeah i thought i was going to make it, but the only thing that stopped me was the wiring harness.. waiting on the second military spec connector so i can finish up the wiring.

the car is all ready to go otherwise. the temp wheels should be on it in a matter of days too.
                              sigpic

Comment

• The intent of this build was never to attract mass attention, but over the years it has gained a humongous following, almost a cult from all over the world that follows the car.. 9 magazines last year, countless Internet features, so on... BUT

With that said, this link just sent to me threw things over the top. Someone from a part of the world that I can't even pronounce was so inspired by the car, they actually hand built a model of my car.

Ridiculously awesome is an understatement
                                Last edited by 1badg35; 05-17-2013, 05:18 PM.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X