Golf MKV from Romania

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Golf MKV from Romania

Greetings to all stance lovers. My name is Andrei, i'm 20, from Romania, and very into the vw thing. This is my second car, but my first build, so i am open to any advice and opinions.
    I'll try not to be boring, so here it is

The car is a 2003 (first registred in 2004) VW Golf mkv, 1.9 TDI.
    I got it as o sort of gift, after i finished high school, and went to college.

This is the car when i bought it:
    C14957703_3C14957703_8C14957703_6
    Last edited by tur; 05-30-2011, 07:36 PM.

After raising some money i began the mods. First step was buying a proper set of wheels.
    Because OZ Futuras, ZW1's, RS's are very hard to find in Romania, i got some Keskin KT4 8x17 et30 all arround.
    Than, with allot of eforts to raise money i continued the mod list(spoilers, paint, tyres, coilovers, stress, work..) untill the car got its present look.
    I now run on Raceland coilovers which are not adjusted properly, i want to go a bit lower, despite the really, and i mean REALLY crappy roads we have here.
    Some pics
    Fotografie0351
    Fotografie0350Fotografie0352
    Fotografie0348
    DSC_0068
    DSC_0038
    Fotografie0349
    Last edited by tur; 05-30-2011, 07:32 PM. Reason: re-uploaded pics

Comment

welcome

Comment

thanks. i've just signed up to flickr, so i'll reupload the pics, to be seen easier.

Comment

I have the opportunity to trade my Keskins for RH ZW1 8.5 fronts and 9 rears. I'm not sure about the offsets.
          Should i go for it?

A pic of them

Last edited by tur; 06-04-2011, 07:01 AM.

Comment

Nice!
            Baby Six!

Comment

absolutly!
              -Wes

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...etty-for-OH-10

http://germansdoitbetter.com/

Comment

Yes go for the trade.

Honestly I don't know how people drive lowered cars in Bucharest. My dad RAISED his Range just so he could drive through the city.

Comment

Originally posted by iliescu View Post
                  Yes go for the trade.

Honestly I don't know how people drive lowered cars in Bucharest. My dad RAISED his Range just so he could drive through the city.
                  sarcasm or true fact? i drive throught bucharest almost daily and the roads aren't that bad, you should see craiova
                  nice car, could use smaller tires and a bit more low but it still looks good

Comment

about the road...generally speaking they are the worst i've seen compairing to other european countries- could easily be compared to the moon's surface.

on-topic: the offsets are 42 on the front and 48 on the rear. i'll need some spacers, some 215/45 on the rear(i run 205/45 front) and it'll be just fine

Comment

Painted the front grill and logo and got the zw1's. (crappy cell-phone) Pics:

Fotografie0360
                      Fotografie0361
                      Fotografie0362
                      Last edited by tur; 06-16-2011, 05:27 PM.

Comment

ZW1s - new look

Just got the wheels. They're hot. Most likely i'll paint the side mirrors case the same color.
                        Wanted something Tiffany blue like, but couldn't find a proper paint code. So i decided Oriental blue (opel corsa) will do the job just fine.
                        The result:

Comment

They should look much better with your silver paint than the white before.

On a side note .... I so **** my 4x108 bolt pattern when I see all sort of nice wheels in 5x120 or 5x112 )

Comment

Thanks. Really hope they will. Haven't tried them so far.
                            I sometimes **** my bolt pattern when i see the choice range of lovely wheels on 5x114.3. Lucky JDM-ists.

Comment

You could use wobble bolts and run those "lovely" jdm wheels!
                              Balls Deep Squad.

Comment

Working...
                              X