No announcement yet.

Heist's Build Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Really nice work on that mount. The section that you "honey combed", is that a common thing to do? I've never heard of it before, does it serve any other purpose aside from structural integrity?

--Golden Boy E30 Build--

--My Shop: Where Passion Meets Livelihood (or tries to)--

--Etsy Shop--

--@ayyyitsmikey--

Comment

• Not sure if it's common, but I figured I might as well since I could. The purpose is to keep from pressure points from occurring, which will cause sag in the metal, and eventually fail. These create a rigid break in the gap between the top and bottom... in addition the boxed in design makes it even more rigid.

Just trying to keep everything reinforced heavily in the event I want to add some more power to the f20 in the future

Comment

• Originally posted by Heist View Post
        Just trying to keep everything reinforced heavily since I want to add some more power to the f20 in the future
        Just fixed it for you :P

Looking good, although you could've also gotten some bigger poly mounts to make up for the gap. But I guess a welder is there for that to fix that too.

"Never argue with an idiot; they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience"

Comment

• Originally posted by TeckniX View Post
          Just fixed it for you :P

Looking good, although you could've also gotten some bigger poly mounts to make up for the gap. But I guess a welder is there for that to fix that too.
          The actual mount didn't line up so bigger mounts would have helped, but I still needed to add a new base and move it back, but thanks for fixing it you're spot on haha.

Comment

• Coming along Well

So you Fancy Huh!!

Comment

• Gotcha, makes sense. So you spent a bunch of money on those mounts and they weren't even close to lining up?

--Golden Boy E30 Build--

--Etsy Shop--

--@ayyyitsmikey--

Comment

• Originally posted by CubbyChowder View Post
                Gotcha, makes sense. So you spent a bunch of money on those mounts and they weren't even close to lining up?
                Luckily I didn't pay nearly what they are asking since I supplied the mounts and plates drilled out. I'm not sure if it's my error or what, but it's all good now sine everything seems pretty lined up. Fingers crossed everything checks out when I put the engine back in tonight.

I was going to wait to finish this next weekend, but I need to move the engine out of the garage so here ya go.

Comment

• I just couldn't stop. I missed her.
                  Last edited by Heist; 11-04-2012, 05:46 PM.

Comment

• Comment

• Hell yes. I was telling my dad about your build today too. He was over helping me with my wifes new car.

2001 Focus Sedan from an ex-ricer. See my build thread
                      http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=17122

Comment

• I **** to bring this up, but you're going through the car thoroughly and i wanted to see if you was going to address the little rust on the top right?

W I L D M A N 'S R O D S H O P

R.I.P P.WALKER 2013/11/30

Comment

• Originally posted by 244Brick View Post
                          I **** to bring this up, but you're going through the car thoroughly and i wanted to see if you was going to address the little rust on the top right?
                          The whole front subframe is going to get sand blasted/powder coated, along with the mounts, and some other odds and ends before the engine rests in its final position, but thanks for keeping an eye out

Comment

• O ok but it was actually talking about the frame rail?

Dope build BTW man, i love you jumped into barely knowing how to tack weld hahaha

W I L D M A N 'S R O D S H O P

R.I.P P.WALKER 2013/11/30

Comment

• fuck yeah, I'm loving the progress on this right now. That bay is going to be so intense.

--Golden Boy E30 Build--

--Etsy Shop--

--@ayyyitsmikey--

Comment

• She got posted on build threads today! I really like the write up.

Comment

Working...
                                X