Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• any updates on the 02?

Comment

• I had to get out of lurking for this.. wow man just wow! You are my new god.
      Last edited by ChristianBertelsen; 03-06-2014, 04:22 PM.

Comment

• Just read the 76 pages this weekend.You have a big fan from Brazil here.
        Jealous about the tools. Did you get it all or your father had it?

Comment

• sadly no updates on the 02. My bike died and it's my main source of transportation, so I had to focus on it for awhile, but updates on the 02 will be back very soon.
          Tatsumi- appreciate the kind words and it's a mix. He had a lot of handtools, but all the welding/fabricating stuff was my doing.

Comment

• Holy cow. Just stumbled across this article on the dangers of brake cleaner and MIG/TIG welding: http://www.brewracingframes.com/id75.htm

Can create Phosgene gas, which was used as a chemical weapon in WWI and can be lethal in only 4 parts per million — a wisp of smoke.

I realize that you are in CA, and thus likely don't have the chlorinated brake cleaner, but awareness is key. Especially with the way you are inspiring us all to take up welding.

--------

Hope you get the bike back up and running in short order.

Comment

• After I did the exhaust for the 02 it made me realize how nice it would be to finally finish my welding positioner project. The last few things on the car are going to take an actual break for school because they require multiple days of work, but at least I can build up some things to make rad stuff for the 02

oh and I was in my schools paper, which was pretty cool

Last edited by Heist; 03-22-2014, 01:04 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Heist View Post
                oh and I was in my schools paper, which was pretty cool

http://www.daily49er.com/diversions/...d-for-success/
                very cool, congrats. Looking forward to more updates on the 02 build
                S50

Comment

• Awesome article man, that's pretty impressive.

--Golden Boy E30 Build--

--My Shop: Where Passion Meets Livelihood (or tries to)--

--Etsy Shop--

--@ayyyitsmikey--

Comment

• positioner from Heist on Vimeo.

Comment

• epic once again.
                      woah love those roses.
                      how quick can you get one to australia?

Comment

• Welfare- I could have it shipped this week. Should have it next week!

Comment

• My rose only took two days from when he sent it and I'm in QLD.

Comment

• Yeh nice job Heist! I'm a 2002 fan from way back & also registered just to give you a pat on the back for this build. I started from the beginning yesterday, coz I didn't want to miss anything and felt for sure it'd be cruisin by the time I got to the end, but it just shows you the realities of a build like this..... you sure have some dedication and it's sooo close now, haha.
                            I'm glad I just found it or I'd be waiting years like you and some of your readers have. It's cool to have some of these readers following along, they must be just like family after all these years (2-3 years?). Good on ya!

Comment

• no set of words can do this justice.

Tailored Supply BMW 2002 Build by Heist from Heist on Vimeo.

Couldn't have done it without all the support I get from the community. Huge thanks to all of you! Lots more planned for this year, so stay tuned
                              Last edited by Heist; 04-07-2014, 11:23 AM.

Comment

• more please

glad to see more of the 02

Comment

Working...
                                X