Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

E30 vert driftcar build...Motor swap, gussets, japanese crap, and overall stupidity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not sure where you plan on running IC piping but you may wanna cut the holes for it pre-paint. I ran mine right behind the headlights going down through holes I cut on the flat part in front of the inner fender. Maybe you have different plans, but figured I'd give you a heads up

Comment

Intercooler is gonna be in the engine bay.

Comment

stoked to see more bmw's drifting.

mine is undergoing the same process with the exception of a few parts.

did you go with a 1pc driveshaft?

Email | Website | Facebook | Instagram @Broadway_Static

Comment

Originally posted by ill roller View Post
          Intercooler is gonna be in the engine bay.
          ah ok makes sense then.

Comment

Awesome! I dig the whole thing so far. Only thing I don't get is the speed hole design of the A pillars... any particular reason why that is better than just the tubes you'd normally have there? I've seen the speed hole design a lot though. If nothing else it looks cool

Comment

yes

Comment

Originally posted by Jesus Christ View Post
                stoked to see more bmw's drifting.

mine is undergoing the same process with the exception of a few parts.

did you go with a 1pc driveshaft?
                Not sure yet, waiting until the motor/trans are in to make the measurements and decision.

Originally posted by Hondamonster View Post
                Awesome! I dig the whole thing so far. Only thing I don't get is the speed hole design of the A pillars... any particular reason why that is better than just the tubes you'd normally have there? I've seen the speed hole design a lot though. If nothing else it looks cool
                There's still a tube there like a normal cage. The thing you're talking about is a gusset, basically a metal plate that's welded to connect the cage to the frame of the car for added rigidity. The plates are then dimple died (the holes) to strengthen them.

Comment

Nice! Where is this shop you guys are all talking about? I'm in the NW burbs. Is there a good place to get some local event info too?

Comment

Originally posted by indytrucks View Post
                    Nice! Where is this shop you guys are all talking about? I'm in the NW burbs. Is there a good place to get some local event info too?
                    Touge Factory / TF Works in Elk Grove, IL is helping with the fab work on the build, and IND Distribution / A&L Autobody in Palatine, IL is doing the body work.

For local drift event info you can check out:

Last edited by ill roller; 04-19-2011, 01:00 AM.

Comment

Good lookin out. Maybe I'll see you at an event.

Comment

I've seen that steering wheel countless times, yet i can't recall it's name lol someone help me? i like

awesome build btw, although i am wondering why is everyone going crazy with SR20's? i've counted about 5 BMW's (including yours) today that have an SR20 in them, the sound is distinctive. Why not a S42?

“ Driving down the road becomes a masterfully balanced ballet of dodging, looking ahead, and saying “oh shit.” "

- Mike Burroughs, Stanceworks

Comment

Originally posted by Noi5eB0mb View Post
                          I've seen that steering wheel countless times, yet i can't recall it's name lol someone help me? i like

awesome build btw, although i am wondering why is everyone going crazy with SR20's? i've counted about 5 BMW's (including yours) today that have an SR20 in them, the sound is distinctive. Why not a S42?
                          It's a momo benetton wheel. As for the SR, I had one laying around, its dirt cheap, it makes more than enough power in stock form, and more power is easily attainable, 4 cylinder gives better weight distribution, its cooler than an s54, no oil pan scraping issues, etc. I would have gone S14 or F20c if cost was no option, but having the SR laying around made it a no brainer.

As for the car, there's been a lot of work going on, but not much to show for it just yet.

In lieu of a decent update, went out and screwed around in a buddy's little parking lot this weekend with my beater, haha... Here's a little video.

Comment

schweet e30 id never even imagine a cab drift missile

Comment

wow that engine is looking fine. can't wait to see more.

Comment

Not a ton of progress for how long the car has been sitting, but the car is finally out of the body shop... Swap time.

Comment

Working...
                                X