This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still amazing work!
    But i'm voting it should be the original Alfa red or yellow!

Comment

It's my F*ing dream to rebuild an Alfa with this kind of work done to it.
      Owning an Alfa Romeo is like having a supermodel as a girlfriend. Yes, she is a bit stupid. Yes, she is expensive but fuck it! She is soo damn HOT!!!

Comment

I'm f*cking lovin' it!

bring back EXTREME, hell yeah

Comment

Wow this is definitely one of my favorite builds. Was not expecting this level of craftsmanship at all. The bumpers are awesome and I absolutely can't wait to see what it looks like after paint.
          4 Cars, 0 Cupholders

Comment

Replys.

Originally posted by DutchStance View Post
            Still amazing work!
            But i'm voting it should be the original Alfa red or yellow!
            Thanks DS!. But red is too expected and original and yellow, well, that just reminds me of urine! Gonna stick within the grey family. Just trying to lock down someone suitable for that work.

street

Originally posted by Slinger View Post
            It's my F*ing dream to rebuild an Alfa with this kind of work done to it.
            Thanks Slinger! Like I said, there is so much work that has gone into this build that is unseen to those that don't know these Spiders. One mod that never gets noticed is the door jam extension - a full 3.25 inches lower!!

street

Originally posted by The Chosen One View Post
            I'm f*cking lovin' it!

bring back EXTREME, hell yeah
            Thanks TCO! Appreciate the love! I'm all about extremes. Especially the ones that are hidden!!

street

Originally posted by hi its me alec View Post
            Wow this is definitely one of my favorite builds. Was not expecting this level of craftsmanship at all. The bumpers are awesome and I absolutely can't wait to see what it looks like after paint.
            Thanks Alec! Yeah, those bumpers were a nightmare like everything else. - so much tweaking was involved. And to get where I've arrived, is thanks to a couple of fab guys patient enough to allow me to get it right where it needed to be.

street
            form - function - stance

Comment

Details

Thanks for the recent rating on my build! Just noticed that now! Awesome!

Clean-up work has been going on behind the scenes as of late and I just fitted the interior mask for the front bumper's main port. It separates the rad tunnel from the air intakes (5.5" to 4" ports to feed engine) along with the brake and sump cooling accordingly.

The splitter floor needs it's interior extension as well along with the outer top sections - nothing major. I'll be inserting a small mesh panel at the back of the rad tunnel once finished and might do the same just prior to the engine intakes. Keep in mind that the entire section behind the bumper is not blacked out yet. The final look will not highlight any detail with a lighter color.

I need a bit more room to continue work and moved the car to a private spot.

street
              Last edited by street; 01-19-2011, 12:23 AM.
              form - function - stance

Comment

Wow you don't see these cars every day! Especially ones of this caliber. Keep up the awesome work! I can't wait to see how this thing ends up

- www.bagriders.com - Email us at: sales@bagriders.com -

- Did you find a lower price? We Price Match! -

Comment

i love it.
                  sigpichttp://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1378227303

Comment

Replys.

Originally posted by rali View Post
                    Wow you don't see these cars every day! Especially ones of this caliber. Keep up the awesome work! I can't wait to see how this thing ends up
                    Thanks Rali! Spiders aren't too common and nobody goes to this level of mods since these cars are mostly owned by old purists. And damn do they **** me. But, yeah...like I give a s**t!!

street

Originally posted by sixty-nine-dime View Post
                    i love it.
                    Thanks SND! I saw your vid the other day. That was hilarious with 5.0 at the end!!

street
                    form - function - stance

Comment

Checkin' Fitment

Since CCW's largest size is 18, I found some god-awful 18's w/215-35's and put the fronts on for sizing. I had to use a 20mm spacer to push out the high offset rims and it looks like it's just shy of being flush at the fender.

Still need to play around a bit more. But at least this gives me an indication of fit. With the measurements taken thus far, I should be able to get at least 3 inches lip up front and 4 out back with CCW.

street

form - function - stance

Comment

I'm not keen on the looks, but definitly like the engine idea. Do you have any build specs of the engine?

Comment

Reply.

Originally posted by a112 View Post
                          I'm not keen on the looks, but definitly like the engine idea. Do you have any build specs of the engine?
                          3.0 to 3.7L w/3.2 GTA crank - knife edged
                          Ross Racing pistons
                          Total Seal rings
                          Built Heads - Ported
                          Stage 2 cams
                          6 Individual Throttle Bodies
                          6 Individual Coil Packs
                          Custom Headers
                          GoTech EMS ect, ect
                          Custom Built and Tested by Dawie DeVilliers of SA Glenwood Motors fame

street
                          form - function - stance

Comment

Virtual 18 Inch CCW Classic Test Overlay

Now that I've had an opportunity to test fit an 18x8 w/a 215/35/18 spaced out, I can properly PS in that exact size of CCW's Classic to scale. Currently I have 19x7.5's on the front and 19x8's out back running 225/35's. But I wanted to see the scaling of 18's with one tire size down.

Not long ago I tried fitting the rear 19 on the front, but the offset was too low and the tire was not able to get under the fender. In today's fitting session, the 18 was just about flush and the stretch of the Falken 452 fit perfectly. But I can still push it another 0.25 - 0.50 inch more.

The next step is to pull one tire size down from a 225/35/19 to a 215/35/19 on one of my rear rims and see if that works up front. As most of you already know, the Falkens stretch quite well and I'll be testing with the 452 to see how that works.

For now, here is a PS draft of a CCW Classic 18 laid in within the parameters of my test fit 18 to check the stance.

street
                            form - function - stance

Comment

Frankly, I really like what you have on there right now. That said, pushing both the mod and stance game is more than acceptable. Kudos to you, sir.

sigpic
                              Chi va piano va sano e lontano...
                              • MINI is sold. Next project? • E28 Build Thread

Comment

dope!

flickr

Comment

Working...
                                X