Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• great work from the start, keep it up.

Originally posted by Geoff.T
    E36 owners. Take note on how its done from the Mexican or see main page.
    MexicanFabEFFSIXTWO
    Instagram:MexicanFab
    YouTube Vlog. Go watch!

Comment

• awesome bodywork, clean lines. Looks great

Comment

• this is amazing!

i think grigio telesto from lamborghini would be pretty rad

ig: @jonnie86

Comment

• Wow, this is wild. Never thought I'd see an Alfa Spider turn into something that cool. Can't wait to see it with some paint on it. That is one chunky-sounding V6, by the way.

Comment

• Wow, this build is simply amazing. I LOVE the lines of the front bumper and the rear diffuser. Definitely makes the car look much more modern. Any thoughts on making the windshield and hardtop different?
            Hella4 | MTechnica Wheels - Wheel Designer | Memoryfab

Comment

• Grigio Telesto has got to be one of the worst colours ever to grace a car, ever. I don't know why you'd want to hide all the great curves and creases of the Alfa design (nor why anybody would do the same to a Murcielago). This car is begging for a pearlescent colour to make that body line razor sharp.

Comment

• Originally posted by kartikeya View Post
                Grigio Telesto has got to be one of the worst colours ever to grace a car, ever. I don't know why you'd want to hide all the great curves and creases of the Alfa design (nor why anybody would do the same to a Murcielago). This car is begging for a pearlescent colour to make that body line razor sharp.
                I'm gonna have to agree. There is too much detail in the car, for the paint to be understated. With that said, I love everything about this.. thank you for the continual updates Street!

Comment

• wow this is nuts...I used to have a 91 S4 Spider and multiple 164's in the family..LOVE LOVE LOVE that V6 one of my favorite engines of all time and the S4 body is the best looking of the Spiders in my opinion...mating those two are absolutely fantastic...personally I wouldve left the body stock and just perfected the drivetrain and suspension.

Comment

• Replys.

Originally posted by Puma View Post
                    Drool...

Grigio would be good. I would imagine white to look great too. I know you've gone through a ton of discussion on Alfabb about it though. I think I prefer the grey faces with the grigio body. Red is a bit too much contrast IMO. Great stuff!
                    Staying within the grey family as you know. Will probably decide on "that day" knowing me.

street

Originally posted by Joker View Post
                    pls do the car red
                    Thanks for your input. But red does not have a chance is hell.

street

Originally posted by Zic View Post
                    like the first pic of the lm20's better.
                    I would rather do the lm20's in 17 and get the stance in the first picture. "half tire tuck and poke + low on 17's" than "full tire tuck and poke + low on 18's"
                    The car is riding on several parameters and 17's are too small for the tire wells. Not to mention they would lower the body far too low.

street

Originally posted by Mexican View Post
                    great work from the start, keep it up.
                    Thanks! Just trying to lock down the next stage.

street

Originally posted by carlostheduck View Post
                    awesome bodywork, clean lines. Looks great
                    Thanks! These lines are not easy to keep in check with all the mods involved.

street

Originally posted by Tuck&Poke View Post
                    this is amazing!

i think grigio telesto from lamborghini would be pretty rad
                    So do I. Paint is such a personal thing and I have other options on the card.

BTW, Your sense of humor was killin me on your thread, Bro. Awesome man!!

street

Originally posted by Zack01GC View Post
                    Wow, this is wild. Never thought I'd see an Alfa Spider turn into something that cool. Can't wait to see it with some paint on it. That is one chunky-sounding V6, by the way.
                    Thanks Zack! Lots of small detail stuff left to do and it's really time consuming, but I'm on it.

street

Originally posted by Clun9 View Post
                    Wow, this build is simply amazing. I LOVE the lines of the front bumper and the rear diffuser. Definitely makes the car look much more modern. Any thoughts on making the windshield and hardtop different?
                    Thanks Clun9! The hardtop is a LONG way off. Right now my focus is getting this thing ready for street testing before temps hit +12 and above.

street

Originally posted by kartikeya View Post
                    Grigio Telesto has got to be one of the worst colours ever to grace a car, ever. I don't know why you'd want to hide all the great curves and creases of the Alfa design (nor why anybody would do the same to a Murcielago). This car is begging for a pearlescent colour to make that body line razor sharp.
                    To each their own.

street

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
                    I'm gonna have to agree. There is too much detail in the car, for the paint to be understated. With that said, I love everything about this.. thank you for the continual updates Street!
                    Thanks Jedidiah! I won't get into any debates about paint. I'll just present concepts as paint choice is really just quite subjective. But as I said, Grigio Telesto is not "the color". It's a option. There will probably be two colors total before this car is fully sorted. One done quick for testing. The other for the final package.

street

Originally posted by MikeG View Post
                    wow this is nuts...I used to have a 91 S4 Spider and multiple 164's in the family..LOVE LOVE LOVE that V6 one of my favorite engines of all time and the S4 body is the best looking of the Spiders in my opinion...mating those two are absolutely fantastic...personally I wouldve left the body stock and just perfected the drivetrain and suspension.
                    This 3.7 I had built for me, is on a whole 'nother level to what came with 164's. I'm not one for the sleeper look and I could care less about what the factory did. As for the drivetrain and suspension getting perfected, well, I'm running nothing but RSRacing's full suspension (front springs w/fully adjustable RSR shocks on reinforced shock tower supports, thicker sway bar and rear coil overs - fully adjustable as well), one-off GiroDisc 13 inch cross-drilled and slotted rotors w/4 piston Rotora calipers and braided lines, Alfaholics Watts link and Alfaholics rear blade adjustable sway bar. In the coming months, I'll be adding Alfaholics Front Geometry kit to dial out any bump steer and slot in their quick steering arms as well.

For the drivetrain, Santos Italian Service dropped in OsGiken's close ratio, lightened (drilled) and shot peened gears. I then hooked that up to Alfaholics Aluminum race prop shaft and then finished it off by uprating the Alfa LSD with traction plates and lighter/shorter custom built axles. Then holding everything in place, a custom 1.5 inch chromoly chassis brace.

So trust me. She'll already perfected with this foundation. Just have to tweak it.

I don't mention all this to say, "Hey, look what I've done." I say this because, I pay just as much attention to the components I choose as I do formatting the body. And I don't half-ass my s**t!! To me, it's a complete waste of time and energy to have that sound and performance, only to look like every other Spider. Thanks, but no thanks. Can't do it.

street
                    Last edited by street; 01-25-2011, 08:31 AM.
                    form - function - stance

Comment

• Paint Update

Had a few minutes to PS one of the other colors on the list - Grigio Silverstone. It's a darker grey and a strong front runner. I PS'd in the rear rims, outlined the front and rocker splitter (to show it's separation from the ground) and added the front trim ring within the heart, which will trail back within the port for the final look.

At the moment, I'm trying to lock down a suitable painter for the "testing stage" spray.

street

form - function - stance

Comment

• dear street.

will this have a sound system? with fiberglassed and neon stuffs in the trunk. plz say noe.

any original Alfa badges going to make it back on the body?

nyk

Comment

• god this is unbelievable! The looks and the sound it makes! ...now looking for an Alfa Graduate....
                          Western US & South American
                          Regional Sales Manager
                          paul.hutton@revotechnik.com
                          www.RevoTechnik.com

Comment

• Replys.

Originally posted by nykwhy2 View Post
                            dear street.

will this have a sound system? with fiberglassed and neon stuffs in the trunk. plz say noe.

any original Alfa badges going to make it back on the body?

nyk
                            A full system complete with neon? No. Just a couple speakers in a hidden panel behind the seats. Also, no Alfa badges will be on the car.

street

Originally posted by Paul@RevoTechnik View Post
                            god this is unbelievable! The looks and the sound it makes! ...now looking for an Alfa Graduate....
                            Thanks Paul! In a bit of a slow spot now, but more to come very soon!

street
                            form - function - stance

Comment

• Grigio Silverstone would be stunning. For whatever that's worth.

Comment

• Update

Been trading emails with John @ CCW lately, getting all the logistics worked out. During those messages, I've bounced back and forth between the LM20 and Classic designs on what I feel would suit the car best. And after a lot of drafts, I feel that the Classics would yield the "raw" look I'm after more. But until they're on the car, I really won't know for sure. At any rate, here's the latest draft with the Classics.

Also, I've been visiting a few paint shops to secure a tech to spray the initial testing stage color. But depending on how busy the shop is (most good shops are at this time/season) I may just roll with black primer. So far, I've lined up one painter to see the car early next week where we car discuss what I'm after.

Once she's finished it's testing, it'll be a full spray process. The last thing I want is to waste time in a paint shop.....'cause I've got a lot of work to do.

street

form - function - stance

Comment

Working...
                                X