X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replys.

Originally posted by chuckie View Post
    where? the car sounds amazing btw!
    Thanks chuckie! Link is above in yesterday's replys.

street

Originally posted by Chigga View Post
    The dedication you've got for this car is mind-blowing, please let me know if you going to be at somewhere with the car, I would love to see this in person.
    Well you won't find me at the Alfa convention in Toronto this week that's for sure.

street

Originally posted by SCHEI3E View Post
    i love this build!!
    Thanks SCHEI3E!

street
    form - function - stance

Comment

• Spider Dodges Storm During Testing!!

Today was day 2 of testing. What was on the agenda? Hot and muggy with a chance of thunderstorms. Yeah, all of the above came like a mutha!! But before all that, the last mod was a kill switch for safety and in case of any parasitic power loss. Plus the extra confidence for good cranking amps when fire must be made.

Just after picking up the Spider from the dyno shop, I headed out under what looked like dry skies. Yeah, right. All the humidity that we've been having here lately soon culminated into one hell of a storm.

IMG_0805

Just as I got on the streets, it stated to dump! On any other day, no big deal, right? Just take it slow. However, I have yet to have my new window glass cut!!

But as strange luck would have it, I spotted a tent and ran for cover!!

SANY0001

Inner silver panel details on front bumper with now charcoal insert (was raw aluminum prior).

SANY0018

Waiting..

SANY0004

Waiting some more...

IMG_0799

Yup, more waiting as the rain increased along with the winds.

SANY0014

What about some weather news footage while we're waiting???

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDNcHQlHozY&feature=plcp"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDNcHQlHozY&feature=plcp[/ame]

street
      form - function - stance

Comment

• After the Storm.

While waiting out the storm, I just worked by sending emails, calls and taking a few pics. This one in particular shows why I opted for the silver inserts within the heart and medial edges of the bumper. Look at the visual impact from the side.

SANY0019

After 2 hours the storm was on it's way out. Roads were obviously still quite damp, so no real throttle was performed. I waited till everything dried out a bit more and continued when I saw the sky like this instead.

IMG_0811

Testing makes me hungry, so I stopped for a bite!

IMG_0814

street
        form - function - stance

Comment

• Spider Drama!!

Testing resumed and all went well. No major issues...except me not watching the fuel gauge!! Guess I was having too much fun and ran out of gas on the way back!!

Right as that happened, it stated to rain again and there was no tent in site this time. Not that I could even get under there!! So I flagged down a car and asked if they could drive me to a gas station. They did, (don't know why...but glad they did) and dude even had a Jerry can in his trunk. It was a small one, but it was good enough for 7 bucks of 94 octane.

I was a bit nervous cause I had to leave the Spider unattended on a side road with the car cover on it for about 10 minutes. Good thing it all worked out and I got her re-fired and back at the warehouse. So ends yet another day of testing.

Need an alignment soon and brakes need proper bedding.

Check out the blind spot cam's LED's at night!!

vlcsnap-2012-06-22-03h59m32s11 - Copy

street
          form - function - stance

Comment

• Soo good man, please wave down another car and ask them to film you driving round a bit

Your lucky one of those tent pole didn't fall on the alfa lol

Comment

• Haha, great story! And congrats with the car man!

Comment

• Great car, great build !!!
                1994 Supra TT
                2000 E39 M5
                1992 MBZ 500e (Sold)

Comment

• damn, u stayed calm when those tent poles started flying

grey inserts are winning
                  Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

• Sound so damn good!

-spatakula
                    (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ Y U NO LIKE SOLOAUTOMAG?!?!?!

Comment

• Hell Yes dude. My friend told me he met you the other day and as soon as I got a break in my day I cam to check this thread.

I like em dropped.

Comment

• Replys.

Originally posted by Anonymoose View Post
                        Soo good man, please wave down another car and ask them to film you driving round a bit

Your lucky one of those tent pole didn't fall on the alfa lol
                        Thanks Anonymoose! That's some funniy shit right there!!

Me: HEY! HEY...(out of breath) Hi...umm...could you please..

Dude in car: I have no money.

Me: No. No...Umm....c-c-c-could you just take this cam and shoot my car as I leave?
                        No, wait! Could you also, drive beside me and hold it like pimp out your window,
                        Shit il' be HOT!!

Dude in car:.....Seriously??

street

Originally posted by Rubens View Post
                        Haha, great story! And congrats with the car man!
                        Thanks Rubens! Now that I am in the testing stage for most of 2012, I can assure you of many funny stories!

street

Originally posted by Boxfullofjoel View Post
                        Great car, great build !!!
                        Thanks Boxfullofjoel!

street

Originally posted by P78 View Post
                        damn, u stayed calm when those tent poles started flying

grey inserts are winning
                        Yeah, those poles were jacked!! The grey inserts provide just enough separation and I like how their visual impact is muted under different lighting conditions.

street

Originally posted by Spatakula View Post
                        Sound so damn good!

-spatakula
                        Thanks Spatakula!

street

Originally posted by Dave_The_BMXER View Post
                        Hell Yes dude. My friend told me he met you the other day and as soon as I got a break in my day I cam to check this thread.
                        Yeah that was just before I left and almost got dumped on!! Glad you enjoy the thread. It's all just an exercise in design for me.

street
                        form - function - stance

Comment

• Spider - Hell Yeah!!

Tonight's testing was all about the highways. With each testing stage completed, I'm getting more and more comfortable with her.

More specifically, the pedals.

They are light years apart from my daily's arrangement. Yet I have zero issues controlling them. It's like my feet have done this dance for years already. I was concerned that the Spider's arrangement would be a struggle to get used to, but I was wrong.

TWO HANDS ARE NEEDED AT ALL TIMES ONCE ABOVE 100K. She really does require your full attention. The lowered stance does want to fight you a bit. Not to worry. I will improve upon that before any real driving is done. But with the shifter being so slim and high up, she just forces you to grab, shift and go!!

At any rate, another good session. Stopped briefly by Tony's dyno shop to check my readings and all was within spec.

Oh, funny story...there I was taking some reading with a heat gun and a bit of smoke started to form by the rear tire. A friend of mine spotted it and was very concerned that maybe the tire was rubbing. Nope. It was some penetrating oil over spray that landed on the exhaust. 20 minutes prior, I was at the warehouse adjusting the collars on the rear coilovers.

Anyway, got back on the highways and soon arrived at the warehouse.

Spider.
                          Daily.
                          2 VERY different cars.

SANY0005

street
                          form - function - stance

Comment

• Spider Testing Resumed.

More testing resumed today after initial warm up. Pulled into an apartment parking lot to go over several components and then grabbed something to eat.

IMG_0828

Food down. Resume testing.

street

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJcSGPAFkG0&list=UUlIWrAGGuXi4qUG4Kj8W2nA&index=1&feature=plcp"]Alfa Romeo Spider - 3.7L 24V V6 Part 7 - Heading To Testing Grounds - YouTube[/ame]
                            form - function - stance

Comment

• Omfg that sounds amazing!!!
                              This car is gorgeous <3
                              I dislike Byron.

Comment

• mk3 is the daily?
                                Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

Working...
                                X