Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's Dan from RH Honda. Just caught up with your build since the last time Scott showed me pics. YOU MUST COME BY AGAIN WITH THIS THING!!!
    04 S2000

Comment

• Raising the bar! man the engine is beautiful. Also that rear diffuser is a work of art. More videos!

Comment

• can't believe i have missed this! It is incredible, would love to have seen it in a lighter colour to show off the fab work but either way i love it.
        sigpic

Comment

• How I've never noticed a 22 page build thread that started last year, I don't know. But I just read the entire thing and am blow away. Staggering amount of fab work in those bumpers. Good work.

Comment

• I'm simply blown away from the amount fabrication that's gone into this build. I mean it's "Night and Day" from where it was in its stock form. You do amazing work, keep the updates coming

W I L D M A N 'S R O D S H O P

R.I.P P.WALKER 2013/11/30

Comment

• Replys.

Originally posted by P78 View Post
              curious for the dyno results
              We will be tuning for street max. Not all out. 2012 is for testing all the Spider's gear and function of every mod. A lot of tweaking will have to be attended to as this car has now just finished 5 years of major surgery.

street

Originally posted by willis View Post
              I have not seen this thread. I am upset. It is awesome. What a beautiful car.
              Thanks willis! I don't post very often as I feel that nobody wants to read babble form the OP without P&P (pics and progress). When I have both, I post. Anyone can talk about what they want to do. I prefer to show.

street

Originally posted by Rubens View Post
              Shame on you!
              LOL! Thanks Rubens!

street

Originally posted by Dave_The_BMXER View Post
              Just spent the past hour or so catching up. The work is incredible and the fact that you take the time to answer everyone is wild. In addition to your attitude which is completely refreshing.

So awesome that you are local.
              Thanks Dave! I don't ask for opinions or feedback. I just accept what anyone freely thinks. And with that, I feel respect is given in taking the time to personally respond back. They did not HAVE to say anything. But they did. I appreciate that. That's how I was raised.

street

Originally posted by Chigga View Post
              I saw the car on the flat bed in Ajax another day, I was about to chase it down but figure the driver might think I'm nuts.
              Haha!

I also follow about 10 feet behind the flat on every transport to keep a buffer. I can't even begin to tell you how many close calls over the years that could of occurred when people try and drive alongside to get a closer look. I guess it's not a car you see often and some are over curious and careless to traffic around them. At one point around the 401 and Yonge that day, a guy tried to cut in between me and the flat when the flat was braking. I quickly honked and veered towards him to prevent an accident. I rather take the hit that the flat.

street

Originally posted by fresh.gen View Post
              +1 to this.

Hopefully you get to enjoy this car this summer.....by my house...in oakville while im off work....calll me first so i can be ready to take hella picz
              Haha! Thanks fresh.gen! Once testing is done, I'll get some shots done.

street

Originally posted by dubstance98r/t View Post
              sexy as sin!!! keep it up
              Thanks dubstance!

street

Originally posted by E28stoff View Post
              what what whaaaaattt? i was reading this whole thread, thoroughly disappointed i havnt come across it earlier due to the immense amounts of awesome-ness, and only to find out its local? icing on the cake.

this is truly some of the most incredible custom work ive seen in a while, watching this go from concept to seeing the car in the flesh is really an amazing thing.

Incredible work sir, Bravo.
              Thanks E28stoff! Like I said, I don't post often, so the thread is quickly pushed back. All the custom work is a result myself and a couple other cats I know that are heavy in the design game. The lines were never conceived within a random thought. They were/are working to continue flow of the original - always have a purpose flow. The concept was to build an S5 Spider. Alfa stopped at the S4 (which is what this car was originally). We pushed the design as far as we thought it should go in relation to what an in house coachwork designer would do to elevate the styling and modify the car accordingly.

street

Originally posted by danio View Post
              It's Dan from RH Honda. Just caught up with your build since the last time Scott showed me pics. YOU MUST COME BY AGAIN WITH THIS THING!!!
              Hey Dan! Yeah, just avoid the 407 and Yonge area, right?!

street

Originally posted by godzillus View Post
              Raising the bar! man the engine is beautiful. Also that rear diffuser is a work of art. More videos!
              Thanks godzillus! That engine took 5 months to build and I must have lost so much sleep waiting for that thing to arrive!! When it did, I loaded it into my rental pick-up and cranked 2Pac and raced to put it in!!

The diffuser was a real battle to get right. Months and months in fact. Only recently the spike slates concept emerged and I just knew THAT was what I was looking for. That concept then bled into the interior in the form of the shifter knob. The entire diffuser was sectioned 4 inches with the edges getting re-ramped to fit an already difficult corner on the Spider's new rear bumper. This, this was not easy to do.

street

Originally posted by ;792949
              can't believe i have missed this! It is incredible, would love to have seen it in a lighter colour to show off the fab work but either way i love it.
              Thanks Draggin_ma_balls! Yes a lighter color would show the lines more. But the color black represents my character. With art imitating life, it just had to be that way - concept to owner.

street

Originally posted by C-Hutch View Post
              How I've never noticed a 22 page build thread that started last year, I don't know. But I just read the entire thing and am blow away. Staggering amount of fab work in those bumpers. Good work.
              Thanks C-Hutch! These bumpers went through 4 years of evolution. Every year that I thought I would be debuting the car, they looked dated and under designed when Spring rolled around. So I started over each time full well believing that I could do much better.

street

Originally posted by 244Brick View Post
              I'm simply blown away from the amount fabrication that's gone into this build. I mean it's "Night and Day" from where it was in its stock form. You do amazing work, keep the updates coming
              Thanks 244Brick! When I signed off for the body at the Canadian border, there was shit-all to the car. All it had going for it was a straight and rust free body that only saw 22K and sat in a dry warehouse in Florida for 9 years undisturbed. This was exactly what I was looking for and yet, upon acquiring it, it took me about a year and a half to even save up enough cash to even begin what I had envisioned.

If I do something, I go in... all guns blazing.

street
              form - function - stance

Comment

• Update.

Moved the Spider a couple days ago to the dyno shop for it's last stage of slated work prior to testing. New vacuum lines and TPS for optimal tuning are on the docket before we bolt her to the hub dyno.

Here she is waiting and sinisterly eying the entrance into the shop.

street

form - function - stance

Comment

• Update

A new and more linear TPS is now being implemented into the Spider after recently raising the front about an inch. Reason is that the suspension has yet to settle and this car is not a low and slow roller. It's a burner. Which means it will get fully abused. In doing so, I cannot run it as low as I've had it recently. Once the front springs settle and drop about a 1/4 inch, I'll reassess the clearance and go from there. Testing will involve many road surfaces and this car is built to handle that stress - fast or slow.

New vacuum lines are also being implemented with tuning on the docket soon thereafter. Sorry for the crap Iphone pics, but it's all I had at the moment.

street

!cid_CD90CBD766BC4F6B950190F8363992C6@street
                  !cid_1443BA0A0A2D45B591356F95757AC98A@street
                  form - function - stance

Comment

• such an insane car. I know it's meant to be abused but that doesn't mean you can't be nice to it on the mean streets of this fair country. there are a few clean ones out there and I am expecting some great video... soon... please. besides, we haven't heard that thing running off rollers since page 1

Comment

• Man. This car just makes me ecstatic.
                      4 Cars, 0 Cupholders

Comment

• shifter

Nice thread, but the question as to where we can get that shifter was never answered? I have a few alfa race cars we are building and would like to purchase these remote shifters for the 105 trans..can you tell us where you got it?
                        thanks, nice work !

Comment

• Absolutely phenomenal. Heart flutters.

Comment

• street, are you going to be selling this aero package? I assume it's not a direct fit due to bumper support changes, etc..... Would you be kind enough to let me know if you will be selling these kits and what additional modifications needs to be done so it will all work.

This car inspired me to register for Stanceworks. I usually just follow the FB posts.

Thanks, rg

Comment

• Replys.

Originally posted by softg View Post
                              such an insane car. I know it's meant to be abused but that doesn't mean you can't be nice to it on the mean streets of this fair country. there are a few clean ones out there and I am expecting some great video... soon... please. besides, we haven't heard that thing running off rollers since page 1
                              I think I can help you out with that request today.

street

Originally posted by hi its me alec View Post
                              Man. This car just makes me ecstatic.
                              Thanks Alec!

Originally posted by x5er30 View Post
                              Nice thread, but the question as to where we can get that shifter was never answered? I have a few alfa race cars we are building and would like to purchase these remote shifters for the 105 trans..can you tell us where you got it?
                              thanks, nice work !

street

Originally posted by shogunner View Post
                              Absolutely phenomenal. Heart flutters.
                              Thanks shogunner!

street

Originally posted by rimguru View Post
                              street, are you going to be selling this aero package? I assume it's not a direct fit due to bumper support changes, etc..... Would you be kind enough to let me know if you will be selling these kits and what additional modifications needs to be done so it will all work.

This car inspired me to register for Stanceworks. I usually just follow the FB posts.

Thanks, rg
                              No I am not selling any parts as all aero was custom one-off. There have been so many tweaks that went into the body just to be able to fit all the different pieces that any parts (if I were to sell) would cause you such pain and anguish to assemble and fit right. Which is the main reason I do not offer any parts. Multiple areas on the car would require major retrofit to be "line-ready". I'm sure you understand.

street
                              form - function - stance

Comment

• Spider Juice!!

It was finally the Spider's turn at the dyno today and she did not disappoint. First things first - 94 octane.

Stay tuned for several vids of rpm tuning and runs!!

SANY0002

After that large juice box drink, she was all set!

IMG_0793

street
                                Last edited by street; 06-20-2012, 09:50 AM.
                                form - function - stance

Comment

Working...
                                X