No announcement yet.

hakhawks cosmos e36 coupe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great build, can't wait to see some more progress, and rims on the car.

Comment

so im sitting around waiting for a call back about lips for my wheels, im almost at the point where im going to just try and run the rears as is.

so my mate got a new dslr the other day, and the e36 became test mule

Comment

Originally posted by hakhawk View Post

Could you please tell me how this light-drawing thing works? Long exposure time and meanwhile making some moves with a flashlight?
        Originally posted by Oxer
        I dont know why, but I love your car.. Its OEM cleanness makes me happy in the genitals.

Comment

we had no idea how to do it, so low iso, long exposure time, and we ran around in front of the car with a torch. dont forget to wear dark clothes, otherwise you show up in the shot :p

Comment

Originally posted by hakhawk View Post
            we had no idea how to do it, so low iso, long exposure time, and we ran around in front of the car with a torch. dont forget to wear dark clothes, otherwise you show up in the shot :p

If you take a closer look at the passenger side you can spot some legs here and there in front if the car.
            i definitely have to try this.
            Originally posted by Oxer
            I dont know why, but I love your car.. Its OEM cleanness makes me happy in the genitals.

Comment

haha yeh, not perfect, not bad for a first go though i reckon! its a lot of fun playing around with different things to see what works and what doesnt

Comment

Cool pics! But you coulda cleaned it first...!

Comment

lol, those pics were over the course of 3 days, car was washed multiple times, but unfortunately during cruising looking for good spots for taking the photos, it got dirty!!

when it comes time for an proper photoshoot, itll be clean, dont you worry

Comment

cleaned the barrels and slapped first coat of paint on them today

before/after shot.

and a coat of VHT satin black wheel paint, will put another coat on tomorrow. was going to go gloss black, but had none at work.

Comment

so i decided to whip out the guard roller today, and start rolling the rears. started on the left hand side, where a new quarter was put on before i bought it. knew there was bog there, coz of cracks in the paint.

so chunks started braking off as i started rolling, good 3-4mm thick in spots. rewelded the join at the edge, so less bogg will be needed to finish it off. you can see the hairline cracks up the body, gotta sand all that back and fix it too

quick primer and paint job to stop the rust until i fix it, possibly attack it next weekend, or when ive got time off. yes some of the cracks are worse, they got bigger as i rolled further. havent finished rolling yet, but need the car looking somewhat normal from afar :p

and a quick shot from side on with the 3.5" rear lips, miiiiight be able to get away with them, since its proving difficult to get smaller ones. the rear bumper is missing a clip that holds it in place along the side. need to sort that out too.

Comment

looking good mate, it never pokes as much once you have a tire and the weight of the car on there.

i had mine rolled and flared out to accept 17x9 et20 rears, im running a 235/40 nankang ns2.

How thin did u end up getting the lip? mines still like 5mm thick argh

BLAKE AuST

Comment

probably 4-5mm i reckon, i gave up on it for today, need to work on it with a good few days straight to play with. i think ill have to grind all the bog back and roll it bare, then clean it up from there.

dont think ill get it much thinner, theres 4 sheets of steel in the lip, not without cutting stuff out i dont think anyway.

Comment

new lights turned up today, front indicators, side markers and new tail lights

first i had to fix the broken slides for the drivers indicator, the old one was sikaflexed in.

got some silver globes on the way to get rid of the "burnt egg yolk" look its got going on now

Comment

Can't wait til you get the Simmons on her, Love this e36

Cheers
                              Mat
                              Last edited by HoZy; 03-28-2011, 11:16 PM.

Comment

good progress, so no luck from that place yeah?

Comment

Working...
                                X