X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 06tiburonofdoom View Post
    Haha, scary indeed!
    And LOWER IT! You won't be sorry.

You can see it in the pic. I'm back on the factory one now, which is pretty much even with the bottom of the oil pan now. Left side of oil pan, shitty looking pipe that goes down and underneath the pan. Haha (The piping on that thing is BEASTLY!)
    Ohhh man, I'll have to post a pic of my aftermarket header.
    please do, after reading through this thread, it would be hilarious. I've always been a fan on EG hatches, and I personally want one so bad (I already own rear disk brakes for one off of an EG Si) but anyway

Sick car man, can't wait to see what else happens with it.
    1993 BMW 325i Cabrio Mauritius Blau
    2015 Subaru BRZ Crystal Black Silica
    flickr

Comment

Originally posted by kevinc View Post
      please do, after reading through this thread, it would be hilarious. I've always been a fan on EG hatches, and I personally want one so bad (I already own rear disk brakes for one off of an EG Si) but anyway

lol sounds like some shit i would do

friend:why arent those wheels on your car?
      me: oh those are the wheels i want to put on my civic
      friend: but you dont have a civic...
      me: ...yet
      Originally posted by M.Burroughs
      I'd have to say this site was founded on building the cars we wanted to build, despite if the rest of the car community liked it or not. This site was founded on freedom of automotive self expression and the passion that goes in to each and every build... This site is about doing what you like, whatever makes you happy, and not caring about what other people think...

Comment

Haha, nice. I don't even have a rear disc setup! That's pretty sad... I'll try to snap a pic tomorrow.
        And thanks, man!

Originally posted by jared1988 View Post

Yesss!
        I've been sooo tempted to buy wheels for 'my Miata', imaginary as it may be at this point.

Civic Build

1992 Civic VX - 1996 Miata - 1986 944 Turbo - 1988.5 Samurai - 2006 Tiburon GT

Comment

Yesss!
          I've been sooo tempted to buy wheels for 'my Miata', imaginary as it may be at this point.
          lol good to know im not the only compulsive as fuck retard out there
          I'd have to say this site was founded on building the cars we wanted to build, despite if the rest of the car community liked it or not. This site was founded on freedom of automotive self expression and the passion that goes in to each and every build... This site is about doing what you like, whatever makes you happy, and not caring about what other people think...

Comment

hahaha thats exactly the response I get but I'm still planning on it.... hard lol

but for some reason a wagovan is just so enticing....
            flickr

Comment

hahaha thats exactly the response I get but I'm still planning on it.... hard lol

but for some reason a wagovan is just so enticing....
              i want 1 of those too... grr.... think im gonna stick with my eg sedan dream. already have a "hatchback", its a 4dr hatchback, its called a wagon. stupid mazda

Comment

i want 1 of those too... grr.... think im gonna stick with my eg sedan dream. already have a "hatchback", its a 4dr hatchback, its called a wagon. stupid mazda
                lol mazda. I think an EG sedan could be dope, its something relatively different when you look at the honda crowd as a whole.
                flickr

Comment

Dang, I always forget to get pics of that! I'll try to get some soon for you, provided that I remember.

I THINK that the strut towers are a little different looking, but I can't remember at the moment. But technically, yeah, you're cutting in the same place: where the control arms hit. Do yours hit? That makes it easier, if they do. Mine made a dent in the perfect shape of the ball joint end, so it was pretty easy to outline exactly where it needed to go. Haha

I did have a few pictures of the entire process, but I lost them when my laptop got erased.
                  well i checked to see if they hit but they dont( not yet at least) but i do got a better idea of where i should be going with the cutting.. i think lol

Comment

Fucking ballsy dude. Love your car.
                    Christof Goulart
                    FCGoulartDesign.

Comment

• fawk... moar, please moar!

flickr

Comment

• looks great! An awesome transformation!

Comment

• Thanks, all!
                          There's some stupid hold up with the brakes, which is irritating. They were supposed to finally be here on the second, but then I got an e-mail about some delay because of government inspecting that was beyond the control of UPS. THEN, it was supposed to be here on the third. No big deal... But I got the same e-mail on the third, saying that it'll be here on the sixth. Gay...
                          The best part is that on the second and third, it was 70 degrees, and on the sixth, we have a chance of snow. Wooo...

Civic Build

Comment

• Bahahaha Snow. I **** snow. I wanna live where it's warm year round.

Comment

• Well guys, my car was broken into at work today. It had to be between 6:15 and 9:30, because that's the last time I was away from it. It REALLY probably was between 9:05 and 9:30, though, because that's when we were closed and had no more customers inside.

I just got it back on the road a few days ago, so I've been happy to be back in it. Today, I washed it before I went to work because it was FILTHY! So I had it looking good and I was all proud of it and what not. I even had ten minutes left on my lunch break, so I whipped out some quick detailer and gave it a good once over since I didn't get to earlier. Then I went back inside at around 6:05...

I came out at 9:32 or so, and as I was walking up to it, I was just smiling and thinking about how wild it looked and all. Still feeling proud, of course. Then I got up to my door... I noticed the window was open a few inches, so I thought, "That's weird... I SWEAR I rolled that all of the way up. But I was kind of in a hurry, so maybe I didn't get the last crank on it or something..." Then I put my key in the lock and turned it, but I didn't feel it do the usual unlocking click, but I KNEW I had locked it, so I figured I just wasn't paying enough attention or something as I turned the key. Then it got good...

I opened the door and noticed my head unit was on, as well as a couple of dash lights (like oil and such. Basically in the accessory position.), so at first I thought, "Did I leave my lights on?", just because I was trying not to think the worst, so my mind just went to something stupid like that that made no sense as I sat in the car. So I came into reality and realized that lights have nothing to do with that, so I just looked at my key in my hand. Yep, I definitely had it, so how were these things on? Then I put my key in and turned it...but it wouldn't turn. That's when I finally looked around (it was quite dark, of course).
                              I saw that the bezel around my HVAC controls had been broken and I saw the part with the little pictures and such laying in the floorboard. My heart dropped. Then I kept looking over, and I saw the passenger window all the way down. Wait...there's pieces of glass. It had been shattered. I felt the bottom side of my steering column...the cover was gone. I look in the passenger seat and see that my iPod Touch is gone, which was really gay, but that wasn't my top worry at the moment. I just sat and stared for a moment, as a few tears rolled down my cheeks...

I called my parents, so they were on their way to help me out, since it wouldn't start. I then called the cops, and as I was walking around the car, I found the cover for the underside of the steering column laying next to the passenger door. After walking around it again, my heart dropped again... The hood was popped.

Oh God...please tell me that they didn't cut any wires or take anything off or pour some nasty shit into it... So I opened it, and luckily, everything was fine (which I checked out in GREAT detail once I got it home). My dad had his best friend bring his trailer, since it more low-car friendly than ours, and I raised my car up as much as I could once my dad arrived with the jack and all. So we pushed it onto the trailer and tied it down, then took it home.

We got it pulled into the garage, then my dad and I started assessing exactly what had been done with the ignition switch and cylinder and the underhood goodness. He looked at it for a second while I was checking all of the wiring (my wicked mad tight tuck job probably helped deter them), then he told me to go grab him a flathead. So I did, then he asked if the clutch needed to be pressed to started it, so I said yes, then he stuck the screwdriver into the actual switch part that was dangling off of the side of the column, pushed the clutch pedal, turned the screwdriver, and it started right up. No key involved.

They were LITERALLY a screwdriver turn away from stealing my entire car. That almost made me throw up...

So the only thing they wanted was the car itself. The radio wasn't touched, the numerous other items hadn't been touched... They wanted the whole shebang. BUT if it just costs me an iPod, window, and a couple of trim pieces, then I got incredibly lucky.
                              Overall, it was a terrible night, but I'm not gonna let it keep me down. I was finally saving up quite a bit of money for a ton of winter stuff, but hopefully it only costs me a few bucks. My dad said he'd talk to my mom and they'll get me the window, and those 2 pieces inside are cheap, I'm sure (I'm about to check). So the biggest expense I'll have is a $300 iPod.

Needless to say, I plan on quitting that job very soon, because my best friend got his truck broken into in that parking lot a year ago, and I'm not risking my pride and joy for that stupid ass job. My parents are planning on opening a shop very soon, so I might find a job waiting tables at like Johnny Carino's or something until then, or at the very least have someone drop me off at my current job and pick me up or use my parents' extra daily driving vehicle.

Merry Christmas to me, I guess...

Sorry for the long post, BTW. Haha

Civic Build

Comment

• see. I never leave my ipod in my car. Never. always in my pocket once the cars off and im out of it. nevermind on the seat. Sorry to hear man
                                Originally posted by Jesus Christ
                                he mustve enjoyed that bj.

i know for a fact you chubby bitches could suck the air bubbles out of a brake line

Comment

Working...
                                X