-- My '92 EG : The Frame-Scraping Journey --

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 06tiburonofdoom View Post
    Of course I wouldn't mind doing other things, but I know I'm just gonna keep getting cars and hopping around from project to project. (NA Miata is next, BTW)
    I approve of this.
    Stance-less

Comment

your car is nasty! i love it.
      A semi-ladylike book featuring my face.

S/W changed my life.

Comment

Yeah I've never been a Honda guy but I really really dig this car. That's something I love about this site, the variety of cars.

Very nice work, dude.

1997 BMW 328is Alpine White // Dove Grey
        ZF Swapped | 3.23 LSD | FK Coilovers | 17x8.5 Borbet Type C | 75mm Wheel Studs | 12mm Vorshlag Spacers | 5000k HIDs | Euro Taillights | Suede Headliner/Pillars

Comment

Nice looking Tibby in pic #3

Comment

Super stoked on your car man, keep up the good work!
            http://www.superstancestars.com/?p=147
            http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...ell-Here-we-go.... My build thread on vortex

Comment

Thank you all for the feedback!

Originally posted by EThirtySicks View Post
              Yeah I've never been a Honda guy but I really really dig this car. That's something I love about this site, the variety of cars.

Very nice work, dude.
              I love how my cars seem to do this with people. Everyone hates Tibs, but they always love mine. Same with this bad boy! I'm just glad that I'm stupid enough to do the things I do. Haha

Originally posted by 06SharkGT View Post
              Nice looking Tibby in pic #3
              Haha, thanks. I've got tons of pics of it elsewhere. 18x10s FTW!

Civic Build

1992 Civic VX - 1996 Miata - 1986 944 Turbo - 1988.5 Samurai - 2006 Tiburon GT

Comment

Quick update, just so everyone knows the scoop!

Due to a minor setback (ticket and getting strep throat), the brakes should be on the way by the end of this month or the beginning of the next, depending on what order I take care of things.
                BUT after much research and looking around, I'm going to be doing a dry sump setup as well, this winter. I'm just far too paranoid with this motor, and that would basically give me all the clearance I could ever need, along with shortening the header.
                Due to this, some of the other winter plans might not happen as soon as I had hoped (depending on if I can pick up an extra job or not), but I'm going to try to at least get the cams, valves, valve springs, retainers, cam gears, and tune done before spring rolls around. :mrgreen:

Thanks again for the support, everyone.

Civic Build

Comment

hidden rad is cool. not sure y i havnt subbed ur thread yet. i want me an eg sedan so bad
                  Originally posted by M.Burroughs
                  I'd have to say this site was founded on building the cars we wanted to build, despite if the rest of the car community liked it or not. This site was founded on freedom of automotive self expression and the passion that goes in to each and every build... This site is about doing what you like, whatever makes you happy, and not caring about what other people think...

Comment

just read the whole tread clean as f*ck!!!! love the way the rims look on the car... but how did u modify the strut towers to clear the control arms? always been a go fast type of guy, but its time to slow down and look good lol...

Comment

...BUT after much research and looking around, I'm going to be doing a dry sump setup as well, this winter.
                      I've always heard that those are a ridiculous amount of work and/or money. But by all means that would be sick. Is it possible to raise the motor at all? Or did you already do that when you did the swap?
                      Stance-less

Comment

Originally posted by jared1988 View Post
                        hidden rad is cool. not sure y i havnt subbed ur thread yet. i want me an eg sedan so bad
                        Have you seen Arnel's black EG9 that he just finished up (Phaze2)? It's clean as hell. I'm not a sedan fan, but DAMN. It's got the RS' and suspension off of his EG6, so I'm extremely curious to see what he puts on his hatch next. (I hope you have any idea as to who I'm talking about, because I'm feeling too lazy to upload the pics. Haha)

Originally posted by FreshEK4dr View Post
                        just read the whole tread clean as f*ck!!!! love the way the rims look on the car... but how did u modify the strut towers to clear the control arms? always been a go fast type of guy, but its time to slow down and look good lol...
                        Thanks, man! With the strut towers, you just cut out exactly where the control arms hit so that they clear. I'm a believer of cutting as little as possible, so I cut it to the EXACT shape of the control arm. Haha Even my control arms have aggressive fitment... After that, it's whatever you wanna do. Fabricate a cap to weld on that looks factory, box it up and put a razzle-dazzly plate on it, or just leave it open. It doesn't have any negative structural effects (that I have ever seen), so don't be scared of it.

Originally posted by JasperThomas View Post
                        I've always heard that those are a ridiculous amount of work and/or money. But by all means that would be sick. Is it possible to raise the motor at all? Or did you already do that when you did the swap?
                        Yeah, I thought that it would be $1,400-1,500, but then I found out that it would be more like $2,200-2,400 for the good stuff. But oh well! I've never seen it done, and it would be MORE than worth it, in my eyes.

To raise the motor, you would need to measure the clearance between the motor and hood, then weld additional metal onto the factory motor mount bracketry and get all of your holes level. It would help the geometry of things, but you also have to get rid of the vibration mounts or relocate them somehow. I might do that at some point, but the transmission should be the only extremely vital component that I have to worry about after the dry sump and shortening of the header.

Civic Build

Comment

I want some more pics.

Comment

To raise the motor, you would need to measure the clearance between the motor and hood, then weld additional metal onto the factory motor mount bracketry and get all of your holes level. It would help the geometry of things, but you also have to get rid of the vibration mounts or relocate them somehow. I might do that at some point, but the transmission should be the only extremely vital component that I have to worry about after the dry sump and shortening of the header.
                            idk if you would like this idea but, you can use hockey pucks as motor mount inserts and lower the holes to raise the engine. it"s what i'm in the process of doing.

Comment

pics of where u cut?? (if its not to much trouble) really wanna do this in one shot.. appreciate the help...i know for the most part the suspension on the ek and eg are the same besides control arm length. but would i cut in the same place for both ek and eg?

Comment

Have you seen Arnel's black EG9 that he just finished up (Phaze2)? It's clean as hell. I'm not a sedan fan, but DAMN. It's got the RS' and suspension off of his EG6, so I'm extremely curious to see what he puts on his hatch next. (I hope you have any idea as to who I'm talking about, because I'm feeling too lazy to upload the pics. Haha)
                                i think so. i think i just ran across it recently too but i have trolled up a honda forum just yet. far from gettin an eg9
                                Originally posted by M.Burroughs
                                I'd have to say this site was founded on building the cars we wanted to build, despite if the rest of the car community liked it or not. This site was founded on freedom of automotive self expression and the passion that goes in to each and every build... This site is about doing what you like, whatever makes you happy, and not caring about what other people think...

Comment

Working...
                                X