No announcement yet.

Aussie wheel tech/discussions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In other news, my 15" RS' arrived in Sydney yesterday.
    Hoping they arrive before the weekend as then, I can potentially test fit them on Anja before having to pack the garage up before heading to America.

Tempted to step up a set of my 16's to 17's for daily wheels for Anja. Or maybe run the Bugatti wheels...
    IG: @sebastienaudeon
    1974 Porsche 911S

Originally posted by TRaNz
    *pats Sebs head*
    there there.
    keep calm, go mash your face on a car window.

Comment

Just got a text from Mum.
      RS' have arrived. She asked me if I was using any of them for coffee tables...

Tonight I shall trial fit them on Anja after. Then after, I'll have to put her back on the floor and squish the Subaru in beside her.
      1974 Porsche 911S

*pats Sebs head*
      there there.

Comment

then make a coffee table with one of your wheels for your mother...

Comment

I probably will with one of them, for now anyway.

I didn't get any decent pictures of the RS' but they're in decent condition, one has a bent barrel but the plan is to get new barrels and lips anyway.

Will post some photos up tonight all being well.
          1974 Porsche 911S

*pats Sebs head*
          there there.

Comment

so pretty

Comment

Hnnnnngggg
              1974 Porsche 911S

*pats Sebs head*
              there there.

Comment

I'm looking for some ideas for the finish of my Breytons??? They're a bit of a different style of wheel, so going too far from the norm might be risky, but I'm open to ideas.....I figured I may as well post in the wheel thread for this.

Usually I like to think of my own ways to refinish wheels, or just stick to a fairly basic formula of colours/finishes which is often pretty safe or not too out there or offensive.

However I'm a bit stuck with these. There's obviously silver, but I think I'll be leaving my Futura's silver so I'm not too keen on doubling up there. Polished, but that's been done a fair bit with Breyton's, I thought of maybe having them machined, if it can be done easily enough.....anything else anyone can suggest?

Comment

have any of you guys bought custom/aftermarket inner barrels from whitehorse or overseas?

what kinda ballpark figure would i be looking at for a set of four 18 x ~4 inner barrels?

Comment

There is a thread on here about white horse and approx costs
                    Sarcasm is easily calculated on vortex dude. Take 4 parts GLI lip and divide by BBS RS. If you are left with a remainder, subtract it from omgmoarlow. Profit.

Comment

• Moar wheels.

1974 Porsche 911S

*pats Sebs head*
                      there there.

Comment

• Originally posted by rom2nv View Post
                        have any of you guys bought custom/aftermarket inner barrels from whitehorse or overseas?

what kinda ballpark figure would i be looking at for a set of four 18 x ~4 inner barrels?
                        it wasnt much. a mate is shutting his sydney business up now and he did a lot of rebarrelling of simmons and other old/rare/random wheels. I think inners and outers were around $200 each, all depends on exact sizes of course. That was all polished and i think re-fitted/sealed etc

1963 850 - 1408cc, 45DCOE, 'S' 7.5" brakes, 6-point cage, blasted, Velo GPT-2's, rear beam

Comment

• Originally posted by MkI View Post
                          it wasnt much. a mate is shutting his sydney business up now and he did a lot of rebarrelling of simmons and other old/rare/random wheels. I think inners and outers were around $200 each, all depends on exact sizes of course. That was all polished and i think re-fitted/sealed etc
                          should see if he has any 36 bolt 17" simmons gear for me shits impossible to find without getting custom made

Comment

• Where are people buying lips from these days? I haven't bought any for at least a year and it seems the options of who to buy from has narrowed down a lot!! I won't buy from Concept Wheels as they were useless last time(^^^^hakhawk can vouch for their crap service), and Tunershop are seriously high on price. I bought from a guy named Henning in Germany and he was really well priced and they got here quickly, but I can't find his details again.

I'm after 2x 35 hole OZ lips in 17x3.5in

Comment

• i bought my outer lips from these guys. had no issues whatsoever!!

Comment

• Originally posted by hakhawk View Post
                                http://www.enha.eu/product_info.php/...17-for-oz.html

i bought my outer lips from these guys. had no issues whatsoever!!
                                Can I ask why you didn't go to Whitehorse? They seem to be a lot cheaper, is there product not as good?

Comment

Working...
                                X