No announcement yet.

Aussie wheel tech/discussions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dunno, the valves that I've always used have either had a double nut arrangement on the back or the poke through ones with the nut on the front usually has a slot to put a flat head screwdriver in. Does it have a rubber seal on the back, perhaps once it tightens enough the friction of the rubber will prevent it spinning?

Comment

• Iv had some with the screw drive notch before, Just hold the valve in your other hand. Can get them tight enough that way.

In regards to bolts, is the centre free of the lip and barrel? If so I'd still be torquing up
      Sarcasm is easily calculated on vortex dude. Take 4 parts GLI lip and divide by BBS RS. If you are left with a remainder, subtract it from omgmoarlow. Profit.

Comment

• Did it last night, the stem stays put once you get the nut half tight. Only thing is I'm not sure if it's centered in the hole, looks a tad skewed, gonna back it off a bit and re-do it tonight.

The wheels are completely welded together, I just did the nuts good and tight and tried to keep them somewhat similar. Pretty sure their only purpose is decoration.

Here's how they're looking, shame these are going on the back, I'd love to have this much dish on the front.

Need to respray that hub dust cap, probably do it wrinkle black to hide it's poor condition lol

Comment

• Looks good! The bolts are pretty much there for decoration once they're welded(I've seen people driving with welded wheels and no bolts in them at all), but they would be used to get everything in line and centred prior to welding.

Comment

• Anyone recommend another source?
            IG: wade_rees_
            BMW 320i E30 turbo

Comment

• Can't run corvette wheels without a spacer aye.
              BMW 320i E30 turbo

Comment

• Adaptec, will be less then that including postage
                Sarcasm is easily calculated on vortex dude. Take 4 parts GLI lip and divide by BBS RS. If you are left with a remainder, subtract it from omgmoarlow. Profit.

Comment

• anyone used house-hold products to soak nuts/bolts, like vinegar and/or baking soda?

Comment

• Plain White vinegar. Coles home brand....$1.09 a bottle.

What about wobble bolts Spados? Or is the offset a bit too high and you need the adapters to bring them out a bit? I agree with Dylan, use Adaptec.

Comment

• Wade, talk to Stu, isn't he a dealer for Adaptec over here?
                      IG: @sebastienaudeon
                      1974 Porsche 911S

Originally posted by TRaNz
                      *pats Sebs head*
                      there there.
                      keep calm, go mash your face on a car window.

Comment

• Originally posted by anth View Post
                        anyone used house-hold products to soak nuts/bolts, like vinegar and/or baking soda?
                        I have stuck to coke in the past, but used vinegar last time on some rs and modena bolts.
                        Lets just say the bbs bolts don't like it... a lot of the coating came off. Modena bolts ok though as I believe they are just raw finish. Some of the nuts went a bit rusty after though so gave them a good soak in wd40 before reinstall

Originally posted by SebastienPeek View Post
                        Wade, talk to Stu, isn't he a dealer for Adaptec over here?
                        Yep

Comment

• Wobble bolts nah. Offsets need to be spaced out. Yeah had a look at Adaptec, way cheaper than that crowd above.
                          BMW 320i E30 turbo

Comment

• Does Stu even forum?
                            BMW 320i E30 turbo

Comment

• Originally posted by Spados. View Post
                              Does Stu even forum?
                              Don't think so much

Comment

• Anyone got his number?
                                BMW 320i E30 turbo

Comment

Working...
                                X