This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by INDOMI View Post
    Daniel (white odyssey) just called me and said he received exactly the same letter as the one you received. His going to williamstown police station this sat at 11.15am
    Damn, that is exactly the same time my mate has to be there as well. he has an EG civic and his book in time was 11:15

I am throwing in the towel and canceling rego on my car tomorrow. I called up the police and told them i will be canceling befor sat so therefor I don't need to come down for the day.

I have done a bit more research and asked a few more people who have dealt with the williamstown police, that have had exactly the same thing happen (apparently these roadworthy letters/ inspection days happen a fair bit in Williamstown....) and apparently they are ruthless, if you rock up in a stock car, they will find a way to have it defected.

My mate with the EG actually has a defect sticker already and then he received the same letter, told them that and they said that he has to tow it there for inspection again and tow it home............. seriously what the hell is the point of that...........

He is going to cancel his rego too due to engine swap, just like me his EG is awesome too. Really disappointing both our cars will be off the road because of this. Especially seeing as though i just got it looking exactly how i liked.

Also it wasn't autosalon, the letter states that i was seen driving on Melbourne road in williamstown. I will never drive through williamstown again with a modded car, thats for sure!!

So shit, goodluck to Daniel with white Odyssey, hope he gets it all sorted.
    Originally posted by TRaNz
    omg man...naaaaahhhhhh...dafuq bro...nah thats crossing the line. youre fucked bengfacebengcunt.

Comment

• ^^yeah man its really unfortunate, daniel's trying to find a time to remove the airsus before sat. does anyone know if its road worthy to NOT have a spare tyre in the car? Dan removed his spare tyre to give way for his air tank and audio system, his trying to figure out if he should remove everything and put the spare tyre back in

Yeah williamstown and i think pretty much the whole western suburbs are on my blacklist now. Still contemplating on whether i should come to the next sw meet or not if its held around the west area, not sure at the moments

Comment

• from memory, no spare is fine, but if theres a spare there, its gotta be roadworthy.

i passed roady in the e21 with no spare

Comment

• far out, hearing this from mike and the eg guy on ozhomo was hurting, but now from here. i was always scared when i bought my car, since the engine was changed, so i made sure it had an eng cert. even though its still a 2.2L it has changed from sohc to dohc.

best wishes to daniel and anyone else who may get a letter.
          sigpic

Comment

Yeah williamstown and i think pretty much the whole western suburbs are on my blacklist now. Still contemplating on whether i should come to the next sw meet or not if its held around the west area, not sure at the moments
            Dude, anywhere in a modified car is a blacklist. I havent even decided on where the next meet will be let alone when, but it would be weaksauce if you didnt bring your car out.

Im actually looking forward to registering the EH and getting my first defect. I just want to have a good long conversation to the cop that does it. Guarenteed when I ask him to explain his answers to my questions they wont. I already know how the conversation will go, and I already know exactly how it will end.
            Originally posted by anth
            Lucky they didn't come into your house and disrespect your whole family.

Comment

• Just remember, its not a matter of if you get a defect, but when

Comment

• i wanna cut my compressed springs and put them in.

Comment

• Originally posted by Oxer View Post
                  Dude, anywhere in a modified car is a blacklist. I havent even decided on where the next meet will be let alone when, but it would be weaksauce if you didnt bring your car out.

Im actually looking forward to registering the EH and getting my first defect. I just want to have a good long conversation to the cop that does it. Guarenteed when I ask him to explain his answers to my questions they wont. I already know how the conversation will go, and I already know exactly how it will end.
                  haha yeah thats kinda true, ive been defected a few times in the past so its definitely not something new to me. Sometimes i wonder why the fark am i doing this, always feeling paranoid driving the car around, but in the end i still do it anyway

Comment

• Originally posted by Lukey View Post
                    i wanna cut my compressed springs and put them in.
                    Dude I thought you had coilovers... Dang!

Would these suit you car: http://firesport.com.au/cleaning-out...--ad164171.htm

Comment

haha yeah thats kinda true, ive been defected a few times in the past so its definitely not something new to me. Sometimes i wonder why the fark am i doing this, always feeling paranoid driving the car around, but in the end i still do it anyway
                      I have bigger problems then defects.... potholes are my biggest concern. A defect would be half the cost of one of my wheels.

Those coilovers are cheap as!

Comment

• nah man i used to be on the compressed stock springs now im on king springs haha.

and dont think those coilovers will suit my car

Comment

• Can make ek fit eg relatively easy...

Comment

• what would be needed? i got dc2r rear lca in the garage.

Comment

• Comment

• Judging by the photo, they wouldnt need rc2r lca... dc2r are a bush setup on the rear coilovers, those look to have forks, so the should work on a stock lca....

Comment

Working...
                                X