Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

if u can see? its down a little bit

Comment

• cant see it lol... spewin.

Bring the boys? HAHAHAHAHA Im shaking in my boots.
      Originally posted by anth
      Lucky they didn't come into your house and disrespect your whole family.

Comment

• let me screenshot it

Comment

• Comment

• haha sweet

Comment

• hey guys, i was on a cruise today, and as we left the park where we had lunch, they had the cattle grids, then straight after it a speed bump with the spikes on it to stop you going in the exit. and now after going out the exit, whenever i accelerate, i get a thumping noise/feeling when accelerating. i can feel it thru my steering wheel, gear stick, and a bit thru my pedals, and can also hear it quite obviously. i cant hear anything when cruising (80kmh) in the cabin, but i thought i heard a bit of a grinding type noise when cruising past a wall over a bridge. i couldnt hear anything when decelerating but when i was going down hills i could sometimes hear a clicking sound like a cv joint. it sounds like its coming from the LHS aswell.

i have checked my wheel nuts.

my thoughts of possible things causing it atm are my cv joint, maybe an engine mount, loose suspension bolts/nuts.

a few months ago a guy and me from work did my lhs inner cv boot and i think he put the little bits for the tripod on the wrong way, i think, im not entirely sure.

i cant really think of any other info right now, but im going to go put my car on stands and have a look.

thoughts/opinions?

p.s. its still driveable, just slow accelerating and i havent taken it over 85kmh. i babied it home from north of narre warren to home at 80kmh.

more about the cv, its been making clicking noises every now and then since we did it, maybe the cv couldve flogged out the intermediate/half shaft?

i just drove it on the jack stands and replicated what i was doing on the roads, and it was only ever so slight compared to actually driving it. i checked the mounts on the lhs and found the lower one to have one bit of it completely split and apart.

i think this could be the issue.

thoughts?

Comment

• FUKN LOL

His avatar + what he posted =/=

He has bigger problems like owing people money for work done on the car.

Comment

• fix my problem of broked car

Comment

• Originally posted by Lukey View Post
                    hey guys, i was on a cruise today, and as we left the park where we had lunch, they had the cattle grids, then straight after it a speed bump with the spikes on it to stop you going in the exit. and now after going out the exit, whenever i accelerate, i get a thumping noise/feeling when accelerating. i can feel it thru my steering wheel, gear stick, and a bit thru my pedals, and can also hear it quite obviously. i cant hear anything when cruising (80kmh) in the cabin, but i thought i heard a bit of a grinding type noise when cruising past a wall over a bridge. i couldnt hear anything when decelerating but when i was going down hills i could sometimes hear a clicking sound like a cv joint. it sounds like its coming from the LHS aswell.

<snip>

i think this could be the issue.

thoughts?

Engine mounts, torque mounts, maybe drive shaft. Check you brake caliper bolts too... Make sure they are tight.

Comment

• one part of the lh torque mount is split completely. drive shaft still like a cock in a whore since we did the boot so i think thats alright.

ill go check caliper bolts and get a photo of the torque mount

Comment

• Sounds good, Ill be back later to diagnose haha

Comment

• lol.

caliper bolts r good.

Comment

• it almost does feel a bit like axle tramping when im accelerating

Comment

• im assuming my assumption from that start was pretty good

Comment

• id say your on the money! i dont know much about hondas but that mount would be allowing a fuck load of slop for shore

Comment

Working...
                                X