This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RBT View Post
    Some of you are not understanding what im saying.......................

Yes you can have an aftermarket exhaust system as long as you have a proper cat installed and it's not load as fuck!
    Also just cos you bolt on big turbos or big cams your exhaust emissions should be fine as long as whoever tuned it done a proper job! + you have a proper cat installed.

You do not get fined cos you have a cannon muffler it will be cos it's fucking loud.

Moe a turbo isn't a defect and nether is a exhaust, Once again they only test for noise DB and and exhaust gases. Yes you can have a free flowing exhaust with cat and muffler that isn't LOUD, and if your car is tuned PROPERLY your output AFR should be fine.

There are alot of shit cunts out there with bashed out cats, loud mufflers and after market ECU's that run rich. These people have something to worry about.
    We understand what you are saying lol.

To make decent power, your afr's wont meet the required emissions.
    Originally posted by anth
    Lucky they didn't come into your house and disrespect your whole family.

Comment

• Tuning your aftermarket ECU to be emissions compliant won't really work either since they're illegal, unless you can convincingly hide it inside a stock ECU case.

Comment

• Originally posted by Oxer View Post
        We understand what you are saying lol.

To make decent power, your afr's wont meet the required emissions.
        What you talk'n bout Ox? I have a wideband 02 oxy sensor gauge in my car and even now with my car running a little rich when I put the foot down they oxy sensor always reads STOICH.

Thats what I mean by a proper tune by someone that knows what they are doing

Comment

• Originally posted by anth View Post
          Tuning your aftermarket ECU to be emissions compliant won't really work either since they're illegal, unless you can convincingly hide it inside a stock ECU case.
          Aftermarket ECU's are not a legal mod but most top brand newer aftermarket ECU's can be tunned. I have a Hlatech and my car runs STOICH all the time.

A safer option is get your original ECU flashed.

Comment

• Originally posted by RBT View Post
            Aftermarket ECU's are not a legal mod but most top brand newer aftermarket ECU's can be tunned. I have a Hlatech and my car runs STOICH all the time.

A safer option is get your original ECU flashed.
            your haltech isnt legal.

A stock ecu flashed doesnt allow the capabilities to tune your engine to its full extent.

its a lose lose.

Comment

• Try tuning a stock FJ20 ecu

Comment

We get fines here too...

Its getting resprayed by the new owner up there
                Ok, but you don't lose points for defects though right?

Good to hear it's not staying in primer, I was a bit worried it was going down the rat route, not that that's a problem, but it looked clean before!

So it seems QLD's new laws are migrating south, and here I was thinking this was the worst state to own a modded car, seems like it's going to happen everywhere before too long. What about poor old granny in her 80's that's owned her old banger since new for the last 40 years, are they going to on the spot fine her $1k because it's a bit smokey/smelly???

Comment

• Everyone thinks they've got it worse than everyone else, doesn't matter what state or country you're in.

Comment

• Hwy patrol were doing a rolling roadblock on eastlink city bound, not sure why, but like 6 hwy patrol cars lol...

We dont lose points, yet.

Comment

• Ox flashing an ecu for a street car usually gives better results than an aftermarket ecu. Also you can get full potential out of a stock ecu as extra options can be added to the roms. I can have nos and launch control added to my stock ecu if I want.

Aftermarket ecus have alot of good extra options when building a car for the track or strip.

Comment

• Originally posted by Beware View Post
                        Ok, but you don't lose points for defects though right?
                        Yeah if defected its a $352 fine +3 points in vic.

Comment

• epa noise tests cant be done in the rain. hope you get done in the rain

Comment

We dont lose points, yet.
                            Originally posted by georgeMK1 View Post
                            Yeah if defected its a $352 fine +3 points in vic.

Comment

• im pretty sure you don't lose points here in vic for defects
                              Originally posted by Smeeeb
                              Iloveitslammedinmyarse if I remember correctly.

Comment

• afaik you only get points for driving contrary to defects? 3 for major and 1 for minor

Comment

Working...
                                X