Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ox had a look into the new EPA laws that are planned not concrete and it not gona be like Joe said, thats worst case scenario and what they would love to do.

The new laws coming out are targeting loud, smokey and cars with incorrect emissions. Basically to avoid this keep away from cop hot spots, have correct emissions+cat, don't have a car exhaust you can hear from 2k's away and don't have 20"chrome wheels.

Comment

• Yeh but exhaust = emissions affected.
      Afms = emissions affected
      Turbos= emissions affrcted

Comment

• Nek minut everyone goes e85 haha
        Originally posted by Smeeeb
        Iloveitslammedinmyarse if I remember correctly.

Comment

• Fuck EPA. Full 2" no cat no resi no muffler hashtagyolo

Comment

• LPG is EPA exempt, but it runs like shit.

I don't think much will change. If you get an EPA notice now, it's not like you rock up for your test with a loud exhaust and pods and shit like that. You put the car back to stock, pass the test, and go on your way. If they do spot checks on the side of the road, well that's a different story.

Comment

• Seems like QLD and VIC cops had a bit of a field day at meets over the weekend....major rape stations at 3 different spots if you were leaving the massive meet up here yesterday. 1200+ cars all in one area and no way out without passing the police....at least you guys don't get fines/points for defects, up here it must have been a nice little end of month bonus for them all!

I did spot this ex-VIC stanceworks members car......but primered for some reason, was the blue paint that bad or I wonder if this is on its way to a respray?

Comment

• Originally posted by neni View Post
                Nek minut everyone goes e85 haha
                E85 doesnt change anything, still has fuel in it. Like anth said, only straight gas systems are exempt from emissions.

Originally posted by anth View Post
                LPG is EPA exempt, but it runs like shit.

I don't think much will change. If you get an EPA notice now, it's not like you rock up for your test with a loud exhaust and pods and shit like that. You put the car back to stock, pass the test, and go on your way. If they do spot checks on the side of the road, well that's a different story.
                The will be doing on the spot noise and emissions tests, and will be a $1k on the spot fine.

And Rob, just you wait, with the amount of money this will rake in, you reckon they wont pass it? It will be as bad as what Joe said.
                Originally posted by anth
                Lucky they didn't come into your house and disrespect your whole family.

Comment

• Originally posted by Beware View Post
                  Seems like QLD and VIC cops had a bit of a field day at meets over the weekend....major rape stations at 3 different spots if you were leaving the massive meet up here yesterday. 1200+ cars all in one area and no way out without passing the police....at least you guys don't get fines/points for defects, up here it must have been a nice little end of month bonus for them all!

I did spot this ex-VIC stanceworks members car......but primered for some reason, was the blue paint that bad or I wonder if this is on its way to a respray?

[IMG]https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/561596_10201776383669073_1987196741_n.jpg[/MG]
                  We get fines here too...

Its getting resprayed by the new owner up there
                  Originally posted by anth
                  Lucky they didn't come into your house and disrespect your whole family.

Comment

• Farkkk that's gonna be so shit, they'll introduce it for sure they're gonna make a killing.

Though the e85 would pass emissions but it'll prob be under same as everything else bar LPG

Comment

• They're all trying to make us move to hybrids.

Nah uh not happening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
                      IG: wade_rees_
                      BMW 320i E30 turbo

Comment

• Some of you are not understanding what im saying.......................

Yes you can have an aftermarket exhaust system as long as you have a proper cat installed and it's not load as fuck!
                        Also just cos you bolt on big turbos or big cams your exhaust emissions should be fine as long as whoever tuned it done a proper job! + you have a proper cat installed.

You do not get fined cos you have a cannon muffler it will be cos it's fucking loud.

Moe a turbo isn't a defect and nether is a exhaust, Once again they only test for noise DB and and exhaust gases. Yes you can have a free flowing exhaust with cat and muffler that isn't LOUD, and if your car is tuned PROPERLY your output AFR should be fine.

There are alot of shit cunts out there with bashed out cats, loud mufflers and after market ECU's that run rich. These people have something to worry about.

Comment

• Anyone got any more info on this EPA stuff, or is it all word of mouth? Tried searching their site and found a few PDF's but it's hard to find what you need, a lot of it doesn't have anything to do with cars.

Comment

• yeah i've been struggling to find the proposed epa info too.

and dis guy also gone done too yesterday for those that remember him from 100mm

Comment

• Yeah not much info on the EPA site but I found a HERALD SUN article about the proposed new laws and all they were saying is that they are targeting smokey, loud and cars with incorrect emissions. If someone is busted with one of these yes thge fine will be about $1000 and severe repeat offenders can have their cars unregistered.

Worst case scenario.

Comment

• yeh bust i found was this

Comment

Working...
                                X