Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Bagged Impreza Build

FINISHED PHOTO SHOOT HERE

Daily driving my rs year-round in vt has been getting pretty old on my ground control setup with just an inch of strut travel up front. Originally I was skeptical of air ride but after taking a ride in several bagged cars belonging to my friends I started to think about bagging the subie as a serious option. The air ride setups rode a lot smoother than my coilovers and it didn't sacrifice the sporty feel that I originally lowered my subie for. Also since I do a lot of driving in the winter I will have the benefit of raising my car up with the touch of a button. Everything came together when my buddy Will from bag riders offered to help me out with a custom set of struts, an offer I couldn't refuse.

Here is my subie's current setup with ground control coilovers on kyb agx struts.

Our first steps involved a lot of measuring and test fitting, I didn't get any photos during these stages because it was a tedious process. Once we figured out a solid design we sent the struts to our buddy Alistair for some precision welding. While he was working on those, we got started on the air management setup.

The first step was to make an mdf floor in the spare tire well to mount my amp, capacitor and accuair e-level ecu. I also sorted out a nice mount point for the viar 444c compressor through the back of well with thick rubber washers.

Heres what it looks like with everything mounted and all the electrical hooked up. Still waiting on an accuair air manifold to go with the rest of the e-level system.

I made a false floor out of 3/8" mdf by tracing out the oem carpet. I put in hinges for access to the management components.

I slapped some sound deadening material on the underside to absorb some of the compressor noise.

Here's me spray gluing the oem carpet, getting it ready to stick to the new mdf floor.

Pressing the carpet down on the new floor.

The new floor installed, looks just like oem.

This is where we're putting the 5 gallon air tank. It's not bolted in yet, we're waiting on a few last fittings.

A look at the management setup with the hinged floor open. Next up, running the controller wires to the drivers seat.

I decided to go with the rocker switch version of the e-level because the simplicity of the design. It should mount up really nice in place of one of these oem buttons.

The car is waiting for it's new struts to go in. It won't be long.

Our next project is to run the air lines and leveling sensor wires to each of the wheel wells. We should have our struts back from Alistair this week and have some more progress to post up.
    Last edited by SubieRuby; 01-30-2011, 02:25 PM.

yeaa! n/a subie love! lol should look dope

Comment

My internet is still down... Can't wait to see this on an actual screen!

- www.bagriders.com - Email us at: sales@bagriders.com -

- Did you find a lower price? We Price Match! -

Comment

This is gonna be legendary...
        "I know I'm not Stance|Works material. I'm just a fan. " - Stretchd8

"Jesus must love me " - FittedDownLow

Comment

I like where you are going with this. I have been thinking about doing the same thing in my wagon. Excited to see it done.

Comment

awesome, cant wait to see it finished
            Originally posted by M.Burroughs
            I'd have to say this site was founded on building the cars we wanted to build, despite if the rest of the car community liked it or not. This site was founded on freedom of automotive self expression and the passion that goes in to each and every build... This site is about doing what you like, whatever makes you happy, and not caring about what other people think...

Comment

What's up Ruby?

Work faster dude, I want to see skirts on the ground this weekend.. for real

Comment

dont worry, it will be on the ground very soon

Comment

You're damn right it will. Let me know if you need anymore help, I've been a little busy working on my suby but it should be done soon.

Comment

man, I'm pumped to see this! pumped about seeing the air struts as well. Please keep us updated!

Comment

sweet....excited to see this finished.
                      My Build

Comment

awesome, def following this

Comment

Sweeeeet!

Comment

Whoa. Can't wait to see the finished product.

Welcome to StanceWorks

Main Page - Facebook - Flickr - Instagram - Twitter
                            Originally posted by Oxer
                            You know who Jason is? Anyone here read the Bible or know most of the stories etc? Who's the guy that stands at the gate and decides if you get into heaven or not? That's Jason. He processes everyone in the intro threads and welcomes them.
                            Originally posted by Average_Jerk
                            Also you relinquish all of your rights by posting in RT. You can be banned at any time for no reason at all.

Comment

I know you've made more progress dude, hurry up and post the photos...

Comment

Working...
                              X