No announcement yet.

The Bagged Impreza Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Impreza/WRX to be bagged in a long time? Can't think of any others over the past few years

Flickr

Originally posted by Kielan
    Oh FUCK YES, 6-10 inches for me this weekend. FUCK YES!

Comment

subscribing

Comment

Update

Will and I made some more progress with the management yesterday. Although we are still waiting for the accuair manifold and tank fittings to arrive we decided to start running the air lines, leveling sensor wires and mount the rocker switch.

Here is the accuair elevel sensors and wires that have to be installed in each wheel well.

I tapped the sensor wires to the air line to route it easily to the front of the car.

Each of the front air lines and sensor wires fit nicely along each side of the car from the inside.

I poked them trough the oem wire ports into the engine bay.

From the engine bay I can channel them into the front tire wells with nice rubber ports. This will be continued later.

Next I ran the elevel rocker switch to the center console and connected it to switched 12v power.

Just as I hoped, the rocker switch fits perfectly into one of the oem seat heater switch locations! Its just a little taller then my radar mute button, but still looks clean.

Once the accuair manifold and fittings arrive then I will have some more progress to share. But in the meantime we had the chance to test fit the rear strut before the final welds, enjoy!

Last edited by SubieRuby; 11-30-2010, 11:04 AM.

Comment

Will is awesome. Can't wait to see some more progress on this

Comment

Good shit Kevin!

Originally posted by aar0n. View Post
            First Impreza/WRX to be bagged in a long time? Can't think of any others over the past few years
            Yeah, as far as I know. There don't seem to be any bagged imprezas around other than one or two still using the praxis air system (which doesn't go low) and a few home made gc8 setups on ghetto wheels.

- www.bagriders.com - Email us at: sales@bagriders.com -

- Did you find a lower price? We Price Match! -

Comment

The rocker switch placement looks so clean, but seriously. Why aren't you working faster?

Comment

well it would go fast if you helped out.... but you say you have this "job" and you dont have time because your "working"....

Comment

I'm so ready for the phone call from Alistair saying the struts are done, this thing needs to be off the jack stands asap.

Originally posted by Travy View Post
                  Will is awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by SubieRuby View Post
                    well it would go fast if you helped out.... but you say you have this "job" and you dont have time because your "working"....
                    One of these days I'll grace you with my presence.

Comment

looks really good so far, one question, any reason why you ran the lines into the bay instead of a more concealed location?

ig: @jonnie86

Comment

I really like your install so far, very clean.

1997 BMW 328is Alpine White // Dove Grey
                        ZF Swapped | 3.23 LSD | FK Coilovers | 17x8.5 Borbet Type C | 75mm Wheel Studs | 12mm Vorshlag Spacers | 5000k HIDs | Euro Taillights | Suede Headliner/Pillars

Comment

Nice work! I was thinking of doing bags on my 2.5i actually. Id love to see some detailed shots of the custom struts, perhaps comparison to stock or another coilover. What inserts are you gonna be running, as well as what size bag? Thanks man.
                          Chris

Comment

ruby looks good its sean form rallys house form going to waterfest looks good man def be checkign this out everyday to see the finished product

Comment

Originally posted by Tuck&Poke View Post
                              looks really good so far, one question, any reason why you ran the lines into the bay instead of a more concealed location?
                              Thanks. I ran the lines into the engine bay just because it was a easy path from the inside of the car. My engine bay is no where near shaved so having some air lines in the back corner doesn't bother me. Also this allows me to have the air line enter the wheel well very close to the bag.

Originally posted by C.Johnston View Post
                              Nice work! I was thinking of doing bags on my 2.5i actually. Id love to see some detailed shots of the custom struts, perhaps comparison to stock or another coilover. What inserts are you gonna be running, as well as what size bag? Thanks man.
                              Chris
                              I'm glad to see another subie guy interested in bags. I should be getting my struts back from the welder this week and ill take some good pics of them next to my kyb struts. I'm using all airlift parts and ill get you some specs the next time i'm in the shop....or Will might answer your questions before then

Comment

Very nice, I love to see different cars with bags that would would never think to be on bags.

Comment

Working...
                                X