VIOLET MAE||STUDIOS Photo Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by E21uro View Post
    Awesome stuff. I did the same as cophotog and skipped to pictures and started seeing familiar places and cars like the blue m6 from the great outdoors meets. I was at 5280 fest pretty sweet turnout. Wish i could take photos like these. You should give me some pointers some time. haha :P.
    Also recognized some shots from the euroberge morning drive i wanted to make it out but was unable to... maybe some day i can shoot some for euroberge...
    Keep this thread updated.
    Thanks.

Originally posted by A.Go View Post
    to be honest, I dont like any of our photos. I see you have a good camera but, thats it.

I think you are too close to the cars, try to take some steps back and get more out of the car, for example, http://violetmaestudios.smugmug.com/...-NZBPdgF-M.png

You can't see the whole front, and instead of looking at the car I only look on the background
    I appreciate your feedback it is helpful and fully understand not everyone is going to be a fan of how I take pictures. Luckily, I have a good camera to make up for my lack of ability.
    Current - Lexus IS350 || My Auto Photos || Follow me on Facebook

Comment

Nice set man. I have also found that everyone has their opinions some are just more blunt with their opinions as we have seen in this thread. I agree that I am not in love with every picture or it's content, and if you looked at mine you would feel the same way, never the less I can tell by your pictures that you know how to work your camera, the exposures are correct no matter what the content is. Keep it up.

www.autoill.com

Comment

Originally posted by DROPPEDATBIRTH View Post
        Nice set man. I have also found that everyone has their opinions some are just more blunt with their opinions as we have seen in this thread. I agree that I am not in love with every picture or it's content, and if you looked at mine you would feel the same way, never the less I can tell by your pictures that you know how to work your camera, the exposures are correct no matter what the content is. Keep it up.
        Thanks buddy and I totally agree with what you are saying and all the feedback only helps us grow and continue to improve.

Here is another shot from my Cope Design shoot.

Comment

It looks like your processing and lighting is pretty good, but I'd suggest working on composition. Some of your shots are crooked, others just have odd composition.

Also, please don't ever use the pre-packaged "Lens Flare" tool in Photoshop again. It makes me cringe.
          StatusRacing.com
          Configure YOUR Seat Here
          Tel: 1.480.265.8600
          Email: sales@statusracing.com
          Fan us on Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by StatusRacing View Post
            It looks like your processing and lighting is pretty good, but I'd suggest working on composition. Some of your shots are crooked, others just have odd composition.

Also, please don't ever use the pre-packaged "Lens Flare" tool in Photoshop again. It makes me cringe.
            Thanks for the feedback. I have only been doing automotive photography for about 7 months so I appreciate the comments as I want to showcase great work.

On the lens flare some love it some don't. I try not to overuse it but it is appropriate in some cases.

Comment

Here are a few more from the Cope Design SEMA truck shoot.

Comment

some of your shots are great, but you really need to work on framing your shots properly...
                1999 Slammed W202 - RIP
                1962 Ford Ranchero - Olivia (Current Project)

if i wanted to be unoriginal, i'd own a BMW.

Comment

A few pics of my IS350 before her major makeover over the course of the next few months. First attempt at light painting as well, any comments welcome.

Happy New Year as well!

Comment

One of many shots I did this past weekend for a company called Berg Performance with their B7 RS4. They are a local Audi/VW shop. Will post all their pics soon.

Comment

Here are some pics from a set I just did for Berg Performance (www.bergperformance.com) they are a new Audi/VW here in Denver. We used our buddies B7 RS4 for the shoot.

Let me know what you think?

My favorite:

Comment

Awesome shots man! I have a question, do you do any work to the reflections in the paint and windows when you edit? Like in these shots:

Originally posted by VIOLET MAE||STUDIOS View Post

I can never get a shot without lots of unwanted reflections even with a cpl filter :/

Comment

I do remove some of the hard light in post processing. I used a CPF for awhile but the images weren't as sharp as I wanted.

Comment

Here are a few teasers from a huge shoot I just completed for The Auto Mod - www.theautomod.com

The entire gallery is posted in the member’s only section here: http://www.theautomod.com/page/members-only so log on to check them all out and if you are not a member they are worth signing up to see.

Comment

Recent pic from my shoot for Man Cave Colorado. In process of editing now but should have a few more soon.

Comment

Here are a few more pics from my Auto Mod shoot. If anyone is interested the full shoot is located here: http://violetmaestudios.smugmug.com/...9355&k=ptLJ9gx

Also, here is a pic from my shoot with my buddy’s VW, part II. Stanceworthy IMO

Comment

Working...
                                X