Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks man.
    Originally posted by Kielan
    VW kids go to Hondas, Honda kids go to BMW, BMW kids stick with BMW because they are the best.

Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Minuki View Post
      Learned a lot already
      Nice, glad to hear it!

Originally posted by B. Aust View Post
      Thanks man.
      No problem dude!

Comment

Originally posted by Carter N View Post
        I won't give away exact instructions on how to duplicate an image of mine, that's not helpful to me or anyone trying to learn how to process on their own.
        Yeah I didn't mean for you to post your exact processes haha, that would defeat the point, and no one wants someone else to duplicate their style.

Definitely a great thread though, I feel like anyone who is just getting into photo should definitely read through here. A lot of great information.
        - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

@ Carter N...I got a question.

How did you get into photography? Also what about your camera history?

I always liked cameras but didn't know much about photography. I bought a Canon AE-1 Program to learn the basics of photography before jumping over to Digital.

Did you make a similar jump or did you just start with Digital?
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dav3design View Post
            @ Carter N...I got a question.

How did you get into photography? Also what about your camera history?

I always liked cameras but didn't know much about photography. I bought a Canon AE-1 Program to learn the basics of photography before jumping over to Digital.

Did you make a similar jump or did you just start with Digital?
            I have always liked art in some way, shape, or form. I spent a lot of time around my mom's work (graphic design) as a kid so I was exposed to photography, graphics, press, etc. from an early age. I didn't pick up a camera for photography purposes until about 3 years ago. I started digital with a Canon Powershot IS or something like that. Once I got my VW that is when I really started getting into Car photography. I was self taught up until the point I started taking classes in college where I learned all the fundamentals. I have to say though, I have taught myself more than I would ever learn in a class room just through trail and error. After my first camera I moved up to a Canon XSI and about a year and a half after that I got a Canon 7D which I still currently have. Thanks for your question!
            Last edited by Carter N; 03-14-2011, 06:24 PM.

Comment

I'm glad you made this thread
              Jason
              flickr
              build thread

Comment

Love the thread! I did a shoot with StayNegative over the weekend and need some PP help. Upon masking in the car in a light painting shot, the car blends in to the background too much. It looks like it's all in the same plane, how do I bring it out a bit?
                Wut?

Comment

More pics, any advice?

Thanks again
                  VW kids go to Hondas, Honda kids go to BMW, BMW kids stick with BMW because they are the best.

Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by VicSkimmr View Post
                    I'm glad you made this thread
                    No problem. Your stuff is looking awesome Jason. I am definitely a fan!

Originally posted by jpod999 View Post
                    Love the thread! I did a shoot with StayNegative over the weekend and need some PP help. Upon masking in the car in a light painting shot, the car blends in to the background too much. It looks like it's all in the same plane, how do I bring it out a bit?
                    Hmm, I might need to see some examples to understand exactly what you mean... but did you take two different shots and want to put them together? or did you do one shot and the car is fading into the black too much?

Originally posted by B. Aust View Post
                    More pics, any advice?
                    Thanks again
                    I am liking the editing style, nice and consistent throughout the set.

1 & 2 are great, no need for change, awesome colors.

3 I'd like to see from a lower angle, give it a endless feel near the top

4 is great, just leaves me wanting to know what that thing is and what is down there.

5 & 6 are good as well!

Comment

I am liking the editing style, nice and consistent throughout the set.

1 & 2 are great, no need for change, awesome colors.

3 I'd like to see from a lower angle, give it a endless feel near the top

4 is great, just leaves me wanting to know what that thing is and what is down there.

5 & 6 are good as well!
                      Thanks so much, the thing in 4 is a buoy from a crab pot or something like that.

Flickr

Comment

Hmm, I might need to see some examples to understand exactly what you mean... but did you take two different shots and want to put them together? or did you do one shot and the car is fading into the black too much?

I've already comped two shots together but don't really know how to "bring the car forward" so to speak. I'll post what I have so far when I get back from class.
                        Wut?

Comment

Originally posted by jpod999 View Post
                          I've already comped two shots together but don't really know how to "bring the car forward" so to speak. I'll post what I have so far when I get back from class.
                          Do you mean like, how to make the car stand out from the background? You could try adding an adjustment layer to the background (exposure, saturation, vibrance, etc.). You can make the background different from the car with any of those and each will bring out the car in it's own way... Sorry for the short response, I am in class as well.

Comment

Here is what I have so far.

The area around the passenger side just doesn't look right to me. I tried what you said doing an adjustment layer to the background, but apparently I don't know how to do that because when I made a new adjustment layer it applied to the whole thing. I tried linking the background layer and the adjustment layer but that still applied to the whole thing. Thanks for the help!
                            Wut?

Comment

I should have elaborated. When you ad the new layer you need to use a soft brush on the mask to select the areas you do not want effected. I have done a quick example:

The basic steps are as follows..

1. Layer>New Fill Layer>Solid Color: True Black 37% opacity
                              2. *Select Layer Mask (next to the fill layer)
                              3. Brush Tool: True black (Paint in where you want the original image to show through the fill layer)
                              4. Brush Tool: True white (To correct any areas painted with the black brush on accident)

Comment

Don't know if you could help with this, but - If i wanted to take a shot of a cars interior (Whilst remaining outside, head on) I would just place the flash on the back seat and simply shoot from outside?

Comment

Working...
                                X