Mods you "****" for dumb reasons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wagonist View Post
    The stretched tire idea came from Germany in the late 80's early 90's with all new aftermarket rims coming out in variety of offsets meant to fit different models of cars. In Germany there is a TUV law that states that your tire tread (top of the tire) cannot protrude out beyond the fender like Jeep Wrangler style. Because of this the tire stretching was born, but within reason, whatever was still in spec for the tire's safety rating.
    one could argue that japan started it with the bosozuko style. japan has similar rules as TUV and they have to pass a JCI inspection every 2 years. im not an expert but by looking at the boso style cars, it came before the late 80s/ early 90s.

edit:

looks like it started there in the 70s
    Last edited by jared1988; 11-24-2010, 11:34 PM.
    Originally posted by M.Burroughs
    I'd have to say this site was founded on building the cars we wanted to build, despite if the rest of the car community liked it or not. This site was founded on freedom of automotive self expression and the passion that goes in to each and every build... This site is about doing what you like, whatever makes you happy, and not caring about what other people think...

Comment

• I've been trying yo figure out why people like wingless subies for a while now...

Comment

• Originally posted by rvolvor View Post

yall must **** it...

big wing
        red tow hook
        CCWs
        shaved body parts
        vents on the tops of the fenders
        looks like the Darius 240z.

Oh yeah, There's a pic of a WRX wagon with RS's that needs to die. Don't mind RS's too much but that car is horrible

Comment

• Originally posted by wagonist View Post
          Over stretched CHEAP tires, I can't stand the look of rim beads being exposed like that. I'm all for stretched tires, I've been doing it for over a decade, but with the explosion of the stance scene people are going overboard, like a pissing contest of who can put the smallest tire on the widest rim, while completely missing the point. Also if your gonna do it, use a quality tire like Toyo T1-S/R or any of the German varieties (conti or dunlop) that have lip protectors built in so that your entire bead is not exposed.

The stretched tire idea came from Germany in the late 80's early 90's with all new aftermarket rims coming out in variety of offsets meant to fit different models of cars. In Germany there is a TUV law that states that your tire tread (top of the tire) cannot protrude out beyond the fender like Jeep Wrangler style. Because of this the tire stretching was born, but within reason, whatever was still in spec for the tire's safety rating.
          I've gotta disagree with that whole post but on the tyre subject. My continentals have had the least lip protection out of all the tyres I've owned (which is why I liked them)

Comment

• Originally posted by ju_le_new View Post
            i **** rice
            Pretty much sums it up for me.

Comment

• I **** people who think stance is a verb.

Comment

• ...remember that this thread is for dumb reasons, that you wish to be proven wrong. I really want to know what people like about wingless subarus... I just don't see it, but i have heard that it's the best thing one can do to that car... I understood going wingless on civic coupes, and I get going wingless on Mk4 Jettas, so what am I not seeing on an sti?

Comment

• Originally posted by Anonymoose View Post
                  I've gotta disagree with that whole post but on the tyre subject. My continentals have had the least lip protection out of all the tyres I've owned (which is why I liked them)
                  Pictures of said continentals?

Comment

• Hmm I'll have to dig some out, check back later

Comment

• Saw this thread and thought mods as in moderators.. Great disappointment.

On topic- people who try to quiet down a rotary. What's the point? Let the beast breathe!

1983 528e, 230,xxx miles, Alpine weiss. M20B25 swapped
                      my tumblr.
                      What the f**k is a build thread?

Comment

• Originally posted by nickskater09 View Post
                        Saw this thread and thought mods as in moderators.. Great disappointment.

On topic- people who try to quiet down a rotary. What's the point? Let the beast breathe!
                        Does that mean your signature is speaking of the fact that you don't have any moderators in your car yet?

E30 V8 Build thread

Go here be happy!

Instagram: stuartrussell

Store: alwaysindividual.bigcartel.com

Comment

• I see what you did there.. I had a stupid moment when I saw the thread. Haha

1983 528e, 230,xxx miles, Alpine weiss. M20B25 swapped
                          my tumblr.
                          What the f**k is a build thread?

Comment

• Originally posted by nickskater09 View Post
                            I see what you did there.. I had a stupid moment when I saw the thread. Haha
                            Just mess in with you.

I'm beginning to **** "Stanced" Subaru's. Idk why, I just like seeing them dirty more.

I **** half cages on show cars.

Most of all, I **** drift charms.

E30 V8 Build thread

Go here be happy!

Instagram: stuartrussell

Store: alwaysindividual.bigcartel.com

Comment

• Originally posted by firelizard3 View Post
                              I **** people who think stance is a verb.
                              amen

Comment

• Black wheels with a polished lip. Looks ugly, looks fake. Nuff said.
                                BMW E38
                                That White Evo
                                -SOLD
                                instagram @kbuss
                                flickr

Comment

Working...
                                X