• Show
Clear All

• yall must **** it...

big wing
    red tow hook
    CCWs
    shaved body parts
    vents on the tops of the fenders
    Last edited by rvolvor; 11-11-2010, 12:47 AM.

Comment

• anyways...
      I **** people referring to their modded cars as 'stanced' or saying something like 'i need more stance'

camber for no reason (but wearing out the rear tires on your DD in 5k miles)

the fact that most cars being featured on a lot of these 'stance' websites have very few, if any, engine modifications

Comment

• Originally posted by wheelfetish View Post
        giant spoilers on a FWD car because its pointless, .

its not pointless, it puts more downforce on the rear wheels for cornering grip. wings are not solely intended for forward traction on the drive wheels.

i'm not a fan of removing one high beam on older bmw's... just looks unfinished.

Comment

• BBS RS/RM can never be played out...

There cult!

And yes there are fake wheels!

Comment

• Originally posted by rvolvor View Post
            the fact that most cars being featured on a lot of these 'stance' websites have very few, if any, engine modifications
            Why does a "stanced" car have to have engine modifications? Trust me, I am muchhhh more of a go-fast guy than I am a "stance" guy, but if someone is building a cool, fun, simple DD (15,000+ miles/year), having a lot of engine modifications is stupid.

Plus, modding a car to go fast is normally a lot more expensive than lowering one on wheels. If you buy used coilovers and used wheels you could actually make a profit 3 years down the road if you put the car back to stock, try making a profit after go-fast mods, hardly ever happens.
            1988 Toyota MR2 Supercharged
            Stance:Nation Feature | Build Thread

Comment

• Originally posted by MrJereMoose View Post

Just regular badgeless and Kamei I really like... Other than that I'll take stock...
              I always liked the siedel jetta grill as well. Badgeless and won't sag.

Comment

yall must **** it...

big wing
                red tow hook
                CCWs
                shaved body parts
                vents on the tops of the fenders
                I swear all you do is try and start fights. Car has a use a track car, so the parts on it also have a use..
                - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

• i dislike cars that have hardly any work done to them but the owners act like they know the "right" way to build a car. if you really know whats up, then wheres your example?
                  there is no formula to go off, people like what they like and **** what they ****, as this thread clearly shows.
                  *CLICKY*add us on the facebook
                  blog www.gotoelevens.blogspot.com *** www.AceUpMotorsports.com ***www.azdriven.com board sponser

Comment

• Did I mention rubbish BMX's on roof racks at shows?

I like em dropped.

Comment

camber for no reason (but wearing out the rear tires on your DD in 5k miles)

Camber looks good.

And engine mods have nothing to do with "stance", so why does it matter?

Comment

• Originally posted by M.Burroughs View Post

Camber looks good.

And engine mods have nothing to do with "stance", so why does it matter?
                        Yes!

And exactly!

Comment

• my list includes, but not limited too:
                          all black wheels
                          midwings
                          4 door cars with different % tint on the front and back windows
                          BOV's
                          "wheel whore" sticker on a car with stock wheels/stock hight (or any other situation like that)
                          tow hooks
                          stuff hanging off tow hooks
                          sticker bombed anything
                          and midwings

Comment

• I just **** bodykits...
                            1999 E36 M3 Cosmos
                            Longboarding, and BMW's

Comment

• Different amount of camber in the front vs the back is something i dislike.
                              Only okay if it has a purpose. Like a matter of grip in the corners etc.

Comment

• Over stretched CHEAP tires, I can't stand the look of rim beads being exposed like that. I'm all for stretched tires, I've been doing it for over a decade, but with the explosion of the stance scene people are going overboard, like a pissing contest of who can put the smallest tire on the widest rim, while completely missing the point. Also if your gonna do it, use a quality tire like Toyo T1-S/R or any of the German varieties (conti or dunlop) that have lip protectors built in so that your entire bead is not exposed.

The stretched tire idea came from Germany in the late 80's early 90's with all new aftermarket rims coming out in variety of offsets meant to fit different models of cars. In Germany there is a TUV law that states that your tire tread (top of the tire) cannot protrude out beyond the fender like Jeep Wrangler style. Because of this the tire stretching was born, but within reason, whatever was still in spec for the tire's safety rating.

Comment

Working...
                                X