Where do you get your Mod money?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wRek View Post
    People have to realize, some of the people with ridiculously nice cars don't REALLY make all that much money... They put a ton of shit on credit cards, and don't live all that well OUTSIDE of modding their cars.

I'd have a shit-ton of money to dump into my car every payday... But instead I own a house and properly budget my money with my wife. I have friends who dump almost all of their paycheck into their cars, and then barely have enough money to put gas in when they need it.

How cool is a car when you can't afford to drive it?
    Well said, I agree completely. I did all the work on my car when I was in college and didn't have any real expenses to worry about, so I was able to throw it into my car. Now that I'm done with school and in the real world, I haven't touched my car aside from maintenance and things like that

Flickr

Originally posted by Kielan
    Oh FUCK YES, 6-10 inches for me this weekend. FUCK YES!

Comment

i work for a government contracter. I make enough to pay rent, truck payment and insurance, and my credit card bills, and still have $1400 for mods each month.
      usually spend it on other stuff though ( new t.v., furniture, new carpet, new laptop, alchohol....)
      gooby pls

Comment

Pretty sure by now someone has already beaten me to"selling myself"

So what I really do is just work a part time job at a deprtment store. It takes me forever to save up paychecks after rent/car ins/food/beer/weed etc. etc.
        -Brandon-

Comment

I probably have more money now from NOT having any credit cards, loans etc...
          It's all so tempting to take them out but I know people who are still paying back loans that have already doubled the amount they borrowed!

If you have to ask people on an internet forum what you should do to your car, you should just leave it alone.

Comment

Originally posted by OSSHWA View Post
            I have a sponsorship.

My wallet.

I've lived on my own since I was 19, have no college degree, and i'm doing damn well all things considered. Even after paying all my bills (rent, car payment, car insurance, cell phone, utilities, credit card bill(s), groceries, etc etc) I still have a pretty good chunk of change to play around with each month. I recently put a $4,400 down payment on my new car without even flinching. This time last year I was overdrawn by $600.00 due to the fact that I got laid off....so needless to say, this past year has been great in terms of my new job/financial situation.

But it's crazy.....on all the forums i'm on I see all these 18-22 year old college kids with REDICULOUSLY nice cars.....there is no way they can afford these cars with a bs partime college job.....so it's gotta be mommy and daddy helping alot too. But eh, it's whatever. I enjoy my personal belongings more because I pay for everything myself, so theres no one to hold it above my head.

+1 pretty much

papas
            in
            my
            pockets

Comment

At 25 years old having no car payment, no major credit card payments, no school loans, and then I have had to only take out one loan which was for rebuilding my motor after blowing it 2 1/2 months ago. But any mods before having to take the loan out has been paid for in cash which has totalled 10k over 3 years.

Comment

I have a 9 to 5 gig being the office bitch inventory, schlepping boxes, everything an intern should be doing. At least I get paid, and I get at least 40 hours per week

I'm going to college in the fall, so right now the goal is to save lots and lots of skrill.

1997 BMW 328is Alpine White // Dove Grey
                ZF Swapped | 3.23 LSD | FK Coilovers | 17x8.5 Borbet Type C | 75mm Wheel Studs | 12mm Vorshlag Spacers | 5000k HIDs | Euro Taillights | Suede Headliner/Pillars

Comment

def from my own wallet, selling parts when i buy new stuff, and selling bottles and cans sometimes MWAHAHA. and saving uppp

Comment

my own dollars working as a glazier. i poorly manage my money and do average to better.(Canadian dollars though). if i could just stop buying clothes/going out for dinners/clubbing all the time. i am sure i could put a lot more into my car each.

Comment

Military, but not for long. I've learned to manage my money a lot better thanks to my wife, and I have almost no debt. I pay all my bills and dump money into savings, and I'll figure out what I can spend on the car after all that is done. That and I have no kids, and my wife has her own income.

Like others, I've had quite a few cars and I sell old parts from other cars that I don't need anymore. I also shop around a lot and figure out numbers on everything before I make any big puchases.

Comment

college kid- however I workall summer making 12 an hour and then I work at Keystone Mountain when Im at school-and I am carless right now so I just have a shitload of cash and nothing to spend it on-350Z?- yes please

member # 1168

Originally posted by Deltron
                        fast & furious 6 will just be slammed cars. Brians new job is stealing and selling oilpans. the climax of the movie is when torretto has to get over a speedbump.

Comment

I work 40-45hrs a week May-August when I'm home from school plus another 5-10 in detailing. I work hard and I play hard, I have $1.45 in my savings account, but I also don't owe anybody a penny for any reason. Now that my car is done (almost), I can start saving for Import Alliance, H2OI and college spending money, then the whole cycle starts over again (broke by spring).
                          1988 Toyota MR2 Supercharged
                          Stance:Nation Feature | Build Thread

Comment

i literally started working when i was 12.

50 hour work weeks baby.

Comment

Working...
                            X