No announcement yet.

the "why can't i find a car that cheap" thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

eBay dude. I picked up a set of 16x8 RSs there for 189 shipped, and a set of 16x7 Borbet Type Ts for 250, in the same week. The Borbets were in perfect shape, the RSs looked like theyd been in a tar pit for a year.
    Ol Dirty Bastard - RIP

Photo by Alex Dooley
    2016 Ducati Scrambler, 2015 Subaru Impreza

Comment

Its all the way in the keys and its a hair dryer, but a 5 speed with 63k for $1k is basically unbeatable.

Comment

It's good to see some other people with that problem.

All around myself i hear people say "oh yeah, i found a car in great condition for 400 bucks." and i'm just like "fuck you. i can't find one!"
        Originally posted by Oxer
        I dont know why, but I love your car.. Its OEM cleanness makes me happy in the genitals.

Comment

in my town, needs tranny. fock if my student loan was here i wouldve already had it!!

Widebody B6 build

HIT ME UP if you need Ksport supplies. i can get them to you cheaper than anyone.

Comment

my good friend is looking for a whatever daily in the NE region if anybody has a lead PM me

Email | Website | Facebook | Instagram @Broadway_Static

Comment

i got my 944 for free a month ago. my friends neighbor had it and said he was gonna scrap it unless i wanted it. the day after i met the guy he gave me the keys and title to his running, driving, rust free '89 porsche. do i win?

its honestly all about knowing people and being in the right place at the right time. i'm a lucky motherfucker when it comes to this kind of stuff it seems

Comment

I always get shitty deals. I can never find the bargains, for some reason.

Comment

I got a 97 S10 for $250... It needed shocks and one of the rotors was in 2 pieces. Cheap fix though. I have also bought 3 other cars for under $500 dollars that needed less than $200 in parts to get running. It pays off to work in a shop sometimes, even if I am just a lowly general service technician at Kauffman Tire. People just don't realize that they could fix things easily if they knew what they were doing...

Comment

bump? Any new deals? Or interesting stories?

Comment

Originally posted by jawnsense View Post

i got my 944 for free a month ago. my friends neighbor had it and said he was gonna scrap it unless i wanted it. the day after i met the guy he gave me the keys and title to his running, driving, rust free '89 porsche. do i win?

its honestly all about knowing people and being in the right place at the right time. i'm a lucky motherfucker when it comes to this kind of stuff it seems
                      Yeah I think you win. That's crazy. Why was he going to scrap it?
                      BMW E34 V8 - Daily
                      Merc 190E - Sold
                      BMW 635CSi - Project
                      Mercedes 190e Build Thread
                      Euro BMW E24 Build Thread /Style is personal, fun is universal._____IG: @levonvandamage

Comment

I got my 1990 civic hatch for free. It was not driveable as the clutch had 240K miles on it and was gone. None the less, good timing I suppose.

Comment

I felt the same way until my buddy called me early one Wednesday morning saying his friend wanted to sell his E23. I ended up getting a running, driving car for $750.
                          1993 BMW 325i
                          2001 BMW 330ci vert
                          2010 Chevy Silverado 2500HD

Comment

Not-so-fun fact:

Cars cost a lot in Brazil, i got my 2006 VW Gol (Rough shape, 75.000 km, 1.0 engine, no fancy shit, manual steering and so on) for about $6,000.
                            A new one would cost me about $10,000.

To buy a Camaro here you would drop about $100,000

From Brazil with Love

Comment

friend of mine picked up an e34 m5 for $4500, it was unreal

Comment

Just git a mk4 Golf 2.0 for $650, 137k miles. Its beat but the AC and cruise control works. Been driving it 80 miles a day and will probably continue doing so until the trans detonates.

Comment

Working...
                                X