No announcement yet.

the "why can't i find a car that cheap" thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i agree, been looking for a beater for a while for $500 or under and really haven't found much.
    Shyne~Fitment Done Right---Your #1 socal fender roller

Comment

This was my best steal... Bought this 85 Nissan 720 Pickup for $500. It needed a new headgasket. I put about $100 into getting it running and lowering it. Cleaned the hell out of it. Drove it for a couple months, and then traded it to my friend who is a tattoo artist to get my leg done.

1995 AMG c36 / dirtbag.

Comment

nice^

see something like that. i would LOVE to pick up and old school vw rabbit pickup for that cheap

Widebody B6 build

HIT ME UP if you need Ksport supplies. i can get them to you cheaper than anyone.

Comment

Anyone in DC want an AE86 for $450?

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/n...727526731.html

Right when I have no space to put them, I happen across TWO super cheap AE86's in a week's time. Blast!

EDIT: Or a $380 E30 5spd?

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/m...725670598.html
          Last edited by Grey; 05-06-2010, 04:26 PM.

http://minkara.carview.co.jp/u...file/

Comment

It's all about luck.

I got my car for 1825 and I'm pretty happy. Lol.

Originally posted by checkmate2006
            SPOCK your so young errr are you Sulu

Comment

Originally posted by Grey View Post
              I've gotten:

-$50 5spd S13 coupe w/working HUD
              -$600 running 5spd S14 (no dents/rust)
              -$1800 *mint* 5spd 1998 Kouki S14 from a DEALER (wholesale). I resold this for $8800 two weeks later, it had 73,000 miles on it.

I haven't flipped cars in eons though, so I've stopped scouring the way I used to.
              you get good deals and make money. wanna be my biz partner?
              Originally posted by TheNeek
              BP ain't got $#!T on StanceWorks!

Comment

My friend Mike is lucky like that too... Buys cars cheap, fixes the small things wrong, and resells for double. He's been doing it for years.
                1995 AMG c36 / dirtbag.

Comment

Wasn't there a guy who lives around Kirkland who is on the Vortex... he got a running Mk2 Sirocco for 400 bucks?

Originally posted by checkmate2006
                  SPOCK your so young errr are you Sulu

Comment

those days are over buddy. i use to pick cars up all the time for 5 bills and less....................but not no more

vagina, it's what's for dinner.

Comment

All you need is luck - and all your friends and acquaintences to know you're a car guy, the offers for some cheap cars will come on their own in a bit of time.

I made some good deals this way, most recent were a Audi 80 2..8E Coupe which I got for 500€. Interior was pretty trashed, same with the paint. Spent an afternoon detailing it a bit and sold for 3500€. And recently I got a mint '87 E30 320i for 400€ and resold for 1400€. That's funding my current rust removal on my car.

'87 Porsche 944 S | Ex-E36 Touring (2009 - 2016) | Daily: '02 Chrysler Sebring

www.bastienbochmann.de | Tief & Breit

Comment

i dont mind something thats focked up. i feel pretty confident with my technical knowledge and my hookups that i can get something decent

Widebody B6 build

HIT ME UP if you need Ksport supplies. i can get them to you cheaper than anyone.

Comment

Bought a Golf for $180 and drove it/maintained it/upgraded it then traded it for a 1995 Audi 90
                          Had a 97 Jetta that I bought for $400 and it lasted a while til I decided to part the f#ck out of it and smash it
                          Now I got a 95 Jetta VR6 with 140k that I paid $1040 which is pretty cheap considering some people will pay that for just motor and trans

Comment

saw a e30 325i wagon for 400$ last week
                            Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

Picked up a barely running 5-speed 2 door e30 with a sport diff for $600. A night in the garage with a case of beer and some buddies and we had it sliding sideways through the neighborhood. Granted, it didn't have an exhaust from the headers back, but it was a fun car nonetheless. There's a dude down the road from me with a ton of cheap e21s, e30s and 2002s which is where I picked it up.

Comment

y can i never find cheap wheels lol
                                Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

Working...
                                X