X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by andybob View Post
    You watch your fucking mouth.

(anyone know the movie reference?)

It's a 70k dollar car in a class of 80k+ luxury cars. If I had the money for a car of this caliber I would go with the Kia. Euro shit is nice, but we all know they have their problems. If people saw this car on the street without any badges I'm sure it would turn some heads and get people talking. As soon as they find out it's a Kia they'll look the other way. It's too bad really, they are a great car, they just need to keep on cranking out decent reliable cars to allow the brand name to break the "oh, it's just a Kia" stigma.

Also, you drive an old fucking Volvo, your argument is invalid.

People like you just piss me off. I've driven a lot of Kia/Hyundai products. They really are decent cars.
    I'd pay $70k for an Equus.

I wouldn't pay $70k for a K900.

The Equus looks like a large luxury car.

The K900 looks like a Chinese Copy of a BMW 7 series.

"Everything has potential."

Comment

They already have these in many parts of the world. We are nearly the last to get them. Like it or not KIA is a good brand and here to stay. They can build low dollar budget cars; soul, rio, and the high dollar decent luxury cars. And still have the best warranty.... no 3 year crap, not for a while anyway.

And word on the streets is they very likely will be producing a 2 door 2.0L turbo Koup type car soon.

Comment

While you cannot deny the fact that they're cheap and have amazing warranties, they're still just that- cheap. After riding in a coworker's 2013 Kia Rio, I am more impressed with the quality of my Honda that was made nearly 17 years ago.

Sure, you can argue that they're more reliable than some of the new Audis and Mercedes. But, I challenge you to look at two very important figures outside of initial cost: resell value, and safety.

When your $67,000 Kia's value deflates like a Chinese-made baloon in 5 years, you can bet that a BMW of similar price and year will still hold it's value nearly twice as well, and it won't let you die in an accident when someone in a Civic t-bones you.
        BB6 Prelude . . E36 ///M3 . . VA WRX Limited . . 1969 Nova
        Originally posted by Ollie
        We all love to turn heads. Sub-consciously we're all materialistic attention-craving dickheads.

Comment

Originally posted by MommysLittleMonster View Post
          While you cannot deny the fact that they're cheap and have amazing warranties, they're still just that- cheap. After riding in a coworker's 2013 Kia Rio, I am more impressed with the quality of my Honda that was made nearly 17 years ago.

Sure, you can argue that they're more reliable than some of the new Audis and Mercedes. But, I challenge you to look at two very important figures outside of initial cost: resell value, and safety.

When your $67,000 Kia's value deflates like a Chinese-made baloon in 5 years, you can bet that a BMW of similar price and year will still hold it's value nearly twice as well, and it won't let you die in an accident when someone in a Civic t-bones you.
          Bingo, Sure they have hired some great designers and know how to give people the options they want. However building a top quality car and I'm not talking about options and led lights but, crash safety, chassis setup, ride quality and all the other things that make a good car good. They still have a ways to go before going toe-to-toe with the big brands that have 50+ years of knowledge of how to build a car behind them.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocknthehawk View Post
            Not hapenning anytime soon. Kia's been around in the US since 94, what's the sportiest car they make? 20yrs is a long time at market to neglect enthusiasts. Since the Koreans main selling point is more for less, I'd like to see some performance versions of their model range. Not too hardcore but something that piques the gear heads interest. I think they'll do just fine undercutting the Europeans and Japanese in the luxury segment, but it'll be a while before they can compete in the sports segments. I think it's a bit past due for a new genesis coupe personally...
            Last edited by StanceswithWolves; 02-04-2014, 10:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MommysLittleMonster View Post

That's a bit of an exaggeration concerning resale values. As far as safety is concerned, I'd like to see data to back up that statement. Kia's based on the genesis no? How that fair against the competition? Lower price, lower quality, no doubt. However they're new to the US at the luxury game. Somewhere down the road, so long as they remain profitable they'll be offering cars on par and sometimes better than their competition. They've already been killing everyone else in the tech sectors.....

Comment

Yes, before people jump on the "kia sucks and are cheap" bandwagon go do some research first. Every newer car maker will not have a good resale value for a while untill the client base is large enough and knows and see's them around long enough to believe they have quality and are worth it. Kia is just about there now.

And they are no just "cheap" cars, The low base models as I mentioned before: RIO, and SOUL are, but you get into any other model they are same price as Honda's, toyota's, chevy's, etc... I would never compare KIA or Honda, or even toyota basic and middle class priced and built cars to a BMW or Mercedes... thats silly. I dont think they will ever be there or aim for that. Not that they could'nt but are in for a different market.

Comment

Here are just some from last year:

The 2013 Kia Optima was named a 2013 Top Safety Pick + by the IIHS.
                  -The 2013 & 2014 Kia Sorento were named 2013 Top Safety Picks by the IIHS.
                  -The 2013 Kia Soul was named a 2013 Top Safety Pick by the IIHS.
                  -The 2013 Kia Forte sedan was named a 2013 Top Safety Pick by the IIHS.
                  -The 2013 Kia Sportage was named a 2013 Top Safety Pick by the IIHS.
                  *Winners of the 2013 Top Safety Pick from the Insurance Institute of Highway Safety must receive the highest rating of "Good" in all 4 of the crash-worthiness test (frontal offset, side, rear, and roof strength). Winners must also have electronic stability control. Source: www.iihs.org

The 2013 Kia Optima received an overall NHTSA 5-Star Crash Safety Rating including 5-Star Frontal Crash, 5-Star Side Crash, and 5-Star Rollover Ratings.
                  -The 2013 Kia Optima Hybrid received an overall NHTSA 5-Star Crash Safety Rating including 5-Star Frontal Crash, 5-Star Side Crash, and 5-Star Rollover Ratings.
                  -The 2013 Kia Sportage received an overall NHTSA 5-Star Crash Safety Rating including 5-Star Frontal Crash, 5-Star Side Crash, and 5-Star Rollover Ratings.
                  -The 2013 Kia Sorento received a NHTSA 5-Star Side Crash Safety Rating.
                  -The 2013 Kia Soul received a NHTSA 5-Star Side Crash Safety Rating.
                  *Starting with 2011 models, NHTSA has introduced tougher tests and rigorous new 5-Star Safety Ratings that provide more information about safety feature performance and crash avoidance technologies. Government 5-Star Safety Ratings are part of the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration's (NHTSA's) New Car Assessment Program. Sources: www.nhtsa.gov & www.safecar.gov

The 2013 Kia Optima was named a 2013 Automotive Best Buy Selection for the Family Car category.
                  -The 2013 Kia Sorento was named a 2013 Automotive Best Buy Selection for the Compact SUV category.
                  *"Best Buy" recipients are based on what vehicles Consumers Digest believes offers the most value for the money in their respective vehicle classes. The concept of "value," according to Consumers Digest, is based on a vehicle's purchase price and ownership costs relative to subjective factors like comfort, performance styling and utility. The Best Buy Seal is a registered trademark of Consumers Digest Communications, LLC used under license. Source: www.consumersdigest.com

J.D. Power and Associates recently named the Kia Soul the "Highest Ranked Compact Multi-Purpose Vehicle in Initial Quality" for the 2nd consecutive year plus it was awarded as the "Highest Ranked Vehicle Appeal Among Compact Multi-Purpose Vehicles."
                  -J.D. Power and Associates recently named the Kia Sportage the "Highest Ranked Sub-Compact Crossover Vehicle in Initial Quality."
                  -J.D. Power and Associates recently named the Kia Optima the "Highest Ranked Vehicle Appeal Among Midsize Cars In A Tie."
                  *Source: www.jdpower.com/ratings/awards/kia.htm

Kelley Blue Book's KBB.com recently rated Kia # 1 for best Total Cost of Ownership.
                  *Based on July/August 2011 average Kelley Blue Book Total Cost of Ownership data for the initial five-year ownership period among non-luxury brands with full model lineups. Kelley Blue Book is a registered trademark of Kelley Blue Book Co. Inc. Source: www.kbb.com

Comment

Atta boy sleeps. You did all the stuff I wanted to do but just didn't have the time to look up.

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

Originally posted by andybob View Post
                      Atta boy sleeps. You did all the stuff I wanted to do but just didn't have the time to look up.
                      That guy deserves mad props. Nobody these days ever cites sources.

Comment

Originally posted by Jlyons617 View Post
                        That guy deserves mad props. Nobody these days ever cites sources.
                        Slow clap to him for sure.

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

I'd buy another forte over a civic anyday

W I L D M A N 'S R O D S H O P

R.I.P P.WALKER 2013/11/30

Comment

So many bandwagoners hoping on the lets **** on it because its a kia. Lets not look up any information on them and assume there shit because they are just now coming up in the market. typical *****
                            Instagram|Tiedtoagrizzley

Comment

Rode in a few of these when I was stationed in Korea. They're really nice solid cars. Very comfortable. Over there it is the K9

Comment

Working...
                              X