Things non-car guys say

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MommysLittleMonster View Post
    I know because I've ridden in it, and actually worked on it for him. He bought it from a used car dealer for, you guessed it, $12k. And with less than 100k miles, it's falling apart. That's why I can say with full confidence that it is, in fact, a piece of shit.

Dumbass.
    Website | Facebook | Instagram @Broadway_Static

Comment

Little does he know that he's paying out his asshole for a piece of shit Kia that's worth less than half of the $12k he paid for it.

This happened to Khalil and I a while ago. A bus driver yelled out, "What suspension you runnin' man?!"

So I yelled out "NONE!"

:sunglasses
      :dealwithit
      Hahahaha that was so much fun

People constantly ask how I go over speed bumps in my E36s, and I just tell them I don't and they are baffled.
      I dislike Byron.

Comment

I know because I've ridden in it, and actually worked on it for him. He bought it from a used car dealer for, you guessed it, $12k. And with less than 100k miles, it's falling apart. That's why I can say with full confidence that it is, in fact, a piece of shit.

Dumbass.
        My bad, it's hard to tell if you're talking out of your ass or not.

Keep this in mind. A car is only as good as it's driver. If he doesn't take care of it, it should be no surprise when it starts falling apart. Even if it's an e46, it will go to shit if the owner is a dumbass.

𝔣𝔬𝔩𝔩𝔬𝔴 𝔪𝔢
        @𝔳𝔦𝔳𝔢_𝔪𝔢𝔪𝔬𝔯_𝔩𝔢𝔱𝔦

Comment

• Originally posted by rice4life View Post
          Keep this in mind. A car is only as good as it's driver. If he doesn't take care of it, it should be no surprise when it starts falling apart. Even if it's an e46, it will go to shit if the owner is a dumbass.
          This is a fact of life.

I have another gem from the Mustang coworker this morning.

"Ah those little Jap toys will never really compete with American muscle. The youtube videos of people streetracing are all a bunch of crap, any real racer would race at a track! And you don't see a whole lot of Hondas in the staging lanes!"

Sometimes I really can't tell if he's joking or not.
          BB6 Prelude . . E36 ///M3 . . VA WRX Limited . . 1969 Nova
          Originally posted by Ollie
          We all love to turn heads. Sub-consciously we're all materialistic attention-craving dickheads.

Comment

I have another gem from the Mustang coworker this morning.

"Ah those little Jap toys will never really compete with American muscle. The youtube videos of people streetracing are all a bunch of crap, any real racer would race at a track! And you don't see a whole lot of Hondas in the staging lanes!"

Sometimes I really can't tell if he's joking or not.
            You should ask him how many domestics are on the podium of Le Mans...

Comment

• Originally posted by therealvilla View Post
              gooby pls

Comment

• Originally posted by therealvilla View Post
                Yeah it's not like Ford took 1st 2nd and 3rd or anything.
                That could never happen, silly american cars.
                Piles of rubbish they are.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jlyons617 View Post
                  Saab's aren't real cars.
                  I went out and touched mine. It definitely seems real....

It's a work in progress^
                  Instagram: @jared_hin

The Snaab: Saab 9-5 Build Thread
                  Battle Stanced '67 Mercury Cougar

Comment

• I need to stop being such a dick.

We've all done it when we were younger, so here goes.

Before I really wanted to mod my car, I would go to car meets and see what the scene was like.

In front of this huge ass car meet, I thought it would be cool to burn some rubber on my way out. I said "this is going to look sooo fucking cool", so I revved to piss out of the elantra, let the revs come down and put it in L. Needless to say I felt like a huge fucking ricer when nothing interesting happened. This was when my elantra was booooooooooone fucking stock a long ass time ago, so it sounded weak as fuck. The next day people were talking about the asshat in the bone stock e46 who was revving his car at the stop light. So glad they didn't know it was me or that it was an elantra.

Note to self, don't say anything is going to be cool when at a car meet, because most likely I will fuck up and look like a dumbass.

I was a non car guy that day.

𝔣𝔬𝔩𝔩𝔬𝔴 𝔪𝔢
                    @𝔳𝔦𝔳𝔢_𝔪𝔢𝔪𝔬𝔯_𝔩𝔢𝔱𝔦

Comment

• Originally posted by SheaMoose View Post
                      Yeah it's not like Ford took 1st 2nd and 3rd or anything.
                      That could never happen, silly american cars.
                      Piles of rubbish they are.

I thought the GT 40 would come up... I'm pretty sure The Soviet Union was still in existence and American performance cars didn't suck. That was a long time ago and the world has changed. Don't get me wrong I love American cars but they're pretty disappointing especially the "performance" models. The only American performance car from a major manufacturer worth it's weight is the Corvette.

Long and short. That was 1966. And 'Murica hasn't made any contenders in many moons. If Corvette would make a rear or mid engine car that could be different IMO.
                      Last edited by therealvilla; 06-20-2014, 07:23 AM.

Comment

• I strongly dislike corvettes.

Some Americans can still build cars.

Comment

• "hey did you get new rims? i see you are goin for that gangsta look"

i'm very glad the person who said that is only an intern. i try to be nice but man its hard to be social with someone who knows squat about cars. idk what else to talk about

IG: Nick475

Comment

• Ever since I've had my 9's on.

It looks broken. - It is.
                            That's retarded. - What do you drive? Alright, that's what I thought.
                            How do you drive it? - Carefully.
                            Why do you have it so low? - It's cool.
                            The wheels are crooked. - I know.
                            Why are the wheels crooked? - So it moves.

Comment

• "Why would you drive 6-7 hours to watch cars going sideways when you can watch it on your computer?"

Oh I dunno because maybe I'm not a lameass shut-in.
                              BB6 Prelude . . E36 ///M3 . . VA WRX Limited . . 1969 Nova
                              Originally posted by Ollie
                              We all love to turn heads. Sub-consciously we're all materialistic attention-craving dickheads.

Comment

• Originally posted by mrg7243 View Post
                                You Kev! What are you driving now that the miata is gone?

One of my coworkers just told me rwd is better than awd for all kinds weather and that v8s are always fastest. He then swore up and down that his 2007 impala ss was rwd because when he does burnouts smoke comes from the rear.
                                Matt! Whats up? I've got the e21 now, with a whole new slew of questions:

1. What year is that?
                                2. Is it a BMW?
                                3. Why do the wheels slant in like that?
                                4. (When I'm aired out) You can't drive it like that can you? "No" "Well how do you drive it?" (get in car and air up) Person's eyes will bulge out of their heads "ZOMG HOW DOES IT DO THAT??????!1/?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!"
                                5. Is it fast? (It's an M10)
                                6. Do you slide it? (It's bagged and it's an M10)
                                "If one has not failed at times, then one has not challenged himself."
                                -Ferdinand Porsche

Comment

Working...
                                X