X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So apparently it's wrong for me to work 60 hour weeks trying to save up as much as I can before I leave on Sept 4th for college.
    WTF is this bull shit.

Time to start packing I guess.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alexander View Post
      So apparently it's wrong for me to work 60 hour weeks trying to save up as much as I can before I leave on Sept 4th for college.
      WTF is this bull shit.

Time to start packing I guess.
      If your parents wanting to see you and not wanting you to work 60 hour weeks (which is insane btw, why you would want to do that is beyond me), before you leave for school is your only problem, you should be loving life. And you have no reason to want to leave.
      - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

• Originally posted by Kielan View Post
        If your parents wanting to see you and not wanting you to work 60 hour weeks (which is insane btw, why you would want to do that is beyond me), before you leave for school is your only problem, you should be loving life. And you have no reason to want to leave.
        60 hours a week = Lots of $.

They see me plenty of times during the week. I just don't get why this is suddenly a problem when I was doing 30 hour weeks while still in highschool before...
        Last edited by Alexander; 08-08-2011, 04:40 PM.

Comment

• Parents get weird when its time to let go of their children. I'm assuming you don't have any older siblings. But about a month before you leave, they realize that this is their last real chance to spend any time with you before you go off, and when you come back you will be a different person, there is no way around it. They just want to spend some time with the kid version of Alex before you go off and you come back an adult(ish). It sounds really sappy and shit, but its true.
          - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

• Yeah I know it is. They acted the same-ish way with my bro when he left for college 2 years ago. Maybe it's because I may never come back they are so demanding about it?

Comment

• random thread seemed the most fitting:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kC0VfWkAbQ"]‪Tokiodrift im Wohnzimmer‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

• They are parents. It's normal. Mine didn't care, but they also left as soon as they were out of high school like I did. You will appreciate them for it later though.
                Originally posted by Oxer
                people are such stupid cunts.
                fuck everybody.
                Originally posted by Jesus Christ
                listen to me carefully, go fuck yourself and never come back here again
                Originally posted by Dudermagee
                You're stupid.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alexander View Post
                  Yeah I know it is. They acted the same-ish way with my bro when he left for college 2 years ago. Maybe it's because I may never come back they are so demanding about it?
                  The "I may never come back thing" is bullshit, I seriously entertained the thought about a weekago, and it turns out to be a lot more costly than you think. I won't be able to legitimately support myself until after college, meaning paying for all of my own bills, insurance, food, other expenses, etc. You will be back, just treat them well and appreciate it, as long as they reciprocate the same.
                  - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

• I wouldn't be possibly coming back because of the program I'm in. Paid co-op in the summers, mainly out of country. Some guys have gone to work with BMW even.

Went on a tour there a few months ago.
                    There were three guys talking about the program who had just got their summer co-op placements, one to UK for Mini, one to Germany for BMW, and one was going to Tokyo for Nissan.
                    Last edited by Alexander; 08-08-2011, 05:01 PM.

Comment

• Oxer's in Cali... Eat all the junk you can bud!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kielan View Post
                        Parents get weird when its time to let go of their children. I'm assuming you don't have any older siblings. But about a month before you leave, they realize that this is their last real chance to spend any time with you before you go off, and when you come back you will be a different person, there is no way around it. They just want to spend some time with the kid version of Alex before you go off and you come back an adult(ish). It sounds really sappy and shit, but its true.
                        Pretty much hit the nail on the head. I went through a lot of this the summer before college.

Originally posted by bennorz View Post
                        random thread seemed the most fitting:

‪Tokiodrift im Wohnzimmer‬‏ - YouTube
                        Like a boss.

Hey RT

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

• How's it going Andrew?

Comment

• Long day of work.

I'm already looking forward to the weekend...lol

The Kia has been parted.