X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• With this weather that I've been having lately I'm falling more and more for a Subaru.

Where all of my inspiration gets summed up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kielan View Post
      I know from experience.
      If I were to run say 1" preload on the coilovers I am looking at, I could then spin the height down another inch. Preload has to do with the coil stiffness.

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

• The more you talk about them, the more I **** them.
        - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

• Originally posted by andybob View Post
          If I were to run say 1" preload on the coilovers I am looking at, I could then spin the height down another inch. Preload has to do with the coil stiffness.
          It gives coil stiffness yes, and also provides for more travel, but an inch of preload is a lot more than you think and is an absolute bitch to get that much, and while it theoretically allows you to get lower, beyond a certain point it doesn't help you at all, and you will find that extra bit of lows that you need will only be possible without preload.
          - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

The more you talk about them, the more I **** them.
            Lol, this is how I am. If I am into something it's the only thing I will talk about. I plan things, and I research each part of my plans. What's next for my miata? Lows, then exhaust then rollbar and that will probably be all.

Comment

• Cars are such a waste of money
              cars and stuff

Comment

• Originally posted by Alexander View Post
                Lol, this is how I am. If I am into something it's the only thing I will talk about. I plan things, and I research each part of my plans. What's next for my miata? Lows, then exhaust then rollbar and that will probably be all.
                k let me know when you're ready to sell
                I'll be looking for one in a few years
                Dude... My nissan has like a v8, man.

Comment

It gives coil stiffness yes, and also provides for more travel, but an inch of preload is a lot more than you think and is an absolute bitch to get that much, and while it theoretically allows you to get lower, beyond a certain point it doesn't help you at all, and you will find that extra bit of lows that you need will only be possible without preload.
                  I see what your saying. Basically if I get enough preload I can lower the car down but at a point the preload = the car corner weight and then I am fuuuuuu.

As a baseline, I am going to run just a little bit of preload, spin them all the way down, and see what happens. After an alignment and a few 100 miles, I'll see how much they settled and go from there.

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

• Originally posted by skrapez View Post
                    Cars are such a waste of money
                    tell me about it
                    I'm thinking about dropping a few k into body work
                    Dude... My nissan has like a v8, man.

Comment

• Subarus are becoming the gayest cars on earth for more than the reason that you like them.

Please don't ever buy one, people who have Subarus don't know much of anything, have horrible wheel choice, and are general pricks, and that goes for almost all of them.
                      - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

I see what your saying. Basically if I get enough preload I can lower the car down but at a point the preload = the car corner weight and then I am fuuuuuu.

As a baseline, I am going to run just a little bit of preload, spin them all the way down, and see what happens. After an alignment and a few 100 miles, I'll see how much they settled and go from there.
                        Exactly.
                        - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

• Originally posted by skrapez View Post
                          Cars are such a waste of money
                          Very true. I need to do my timing belt before SoWo....fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Originally posted by Kielan View Post
                          Exactly.
                          Theoretically I had a good idea.. lol

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dudermagee View Post
                            k let me know when you're ready to sell
                            I'll be looking for one in a few years
                            Unless something happens, I plan to keep my miata for atleast two years. I like driving it to much to sell in earlier than that. But assuming I will still be on SW by then, I defiantly will.

Comment

Very true. I need to do my timing belt before SoWo....fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Theoretically I had a good idea.. lol
                              Theoretically, yes.
                              - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

• Re-locating Harness to higher ground, time to drop the front end another inch.
                                Over the weekend I will be stopping by Chaser Aero, anyone need some FRP parts?
                                Originally posted by Kielan
                                I flip people off cause its the cool thing to do.

Comment

Working...
                                X