This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by da3bous View Post
    So what would you suggest then, should i do it while the coils are laden with weight on the ground with my hand in between the tire and fender this way i get accurate measuring of how much of a drop i get.....or should i use jack stands and lay underneath the car? Just in case sparks fall on my face (BTW only pansies use safety goggles) and i flail around knocking the jack stand out and having the car land on me?
    Why not take the coils off of the car and then do them with a cut-off wheel? There is a novel idea.

That's the way I did it to take 1 coil off, sure it was a bitch to take each strut out, but the car sits pretty level and I took the same amount off each corner.

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

So what would you suggest then, should i do it while the coils are laden with weight on the ground with my hand in between the tire and fender this way i get accurate measuring of how much of a drop i get.....or should i use jack stands and lay underneath the car? Just in case sparks fall on my face (BTW only pansies use safety goggles) and i flail around knocking the jack stand out and having the car land on me?
      Omg I laughed so hard out loud in my sociology class while we are talking about rude social interactions.
      - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

• Originally posted by Oxer View Post
        Id suggest pulling them out of the car then cutting them.

I agree with the safter goggle theory though.
        lol nah not cutting springs today...i was just thinking about things to destroy (ie heat my hands with) while in the shop today since its about 30F inside

Comment

Id suggest pulling them out of the car then cutting them.

I agree with the safter goggle theory though.
          You say that until you get metal shards in your eye. I've had it happen a few times and was lucky to get them out using an eye wash.

I had a teacher in school get a piece of metal in his eye and they actually had to take is eyeball out of the socket and scrape the piece of metal off his eye.

I'd rather not have to do that.

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

• Just set shit on fire... Customers cars are the best to set on fire cause then you get all worked up trying to put it out.
            Originally posted by anth
            Lucky they didn't come into your house and disrespect your whole family.

Comment

• Originally posted by andybob View Post
              You say that until you get metal shards in your eye. I've had it happen a few times and was lucky to get them out using an eye wash.

I had a teacher in school get a piece of metal in his eye and they actually had to take is eyeball out of the socket and scrape the piece of metal off his eye.

Sounds like you guys dont know how to dodge sparks.....
              Originally posted by anth
              Lucky they didn't come into your house and disrespect your whole family.

Comment

• I am still chuckling here. That was the quote of the day.
                - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

Just set shit on fire... Customers cars are the best to set on fire cause then you get all worked up trying to put it out.

LOL i agree...and they did sign that waiver.... Hold on, going to autoparts to get safety goggles.

Comment

• or you could just buy some coils
                    Dude... My nissan has like a v8, man.

Comment

this
                      after I got a piece of rusted exhaust in my eye
                      never again
                      Dude... My nissan has like a v8, man.

Comment

• im beginning to think people might not get my humour....

Comment

Sounds like you guys dont know how to dodge sparks.....

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

im beginning to think people might not get my humour....
                            I think it's fucking hilarious.
                            - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

• Kielan found his soul mate.

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

fuckin' lol

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

Kielan found his soul mate.

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

fuckin' lol
                                You mad? Got a problem with interracial love? Our love knows no bouuuuuuuunds!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X