This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Iscrape View Post
    how come when i was clicking this i knew it was gonna say death lol uhh its for justin so say to do it lol i jk. i knew they were bad but some people have different experiences
    What's with people not trusting adapters? I thought a ton of drifters run 25+ mm adapters and ride hard (90+ corner entries) all the time?

Originally posted by checkmate2006
    SPOCK your so young errr are you Sulu

Comment

• I personally wouldn't do it. Just because your adding more studs to something that was designed for 4. Im not sure how they would mount...I think they attach to the 4 studs, then you use the 5 studs to bolt on the wheels? If you do decide to do it, use A LOT of RED loctite.

-Dan

Comment

• Originally posted by wheelfetish View Post
        Yes, zf tranny will be installed once I blow the one I have now lol. Only difference would be I need to is flywheel, clutch, pressure plate. I think I can use the same driveshaft.

Sell the honda and get the new honda?
        Shit will be legit once the zf tranny is dropped. when are you gonna slap a new coat of paint on there too? any plans in that regards?

Nah, I loathe paddle shifters. Although the turbocharged 2.3 setup is very enticing, I would rather have this shitty tranny in it than drive a paddle shifter. driving a paddle shifter is like throwing a huge ass wing and putting a "custom" cardboard body kit on a car. people won't take you seriously cuz its not a manual and take away the whole "sports car" ethic from it. Although an NSX would be nice
        Pose for the frame

Comment

• What Dan said.

I would look into it some more if I were Justin though. Doesn't he have a SW account? Are there any 5 lug conversions for the e30? Like an e30 M3 or are those 4 lugs as well. I know Integra people often do a type R swap so they can get 5 lug.
          - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

• Originally posted by Atlantian View Post
            What's with people not trusting adapters? I thought a ton of drifters run 25+ mm adapters and ride hard (90+ corner entries) all the time?
            4 lug to 5 lug
            Originally posted by wheelfetish View Post
            I personally wouldn't do it. Just because your adding more studs to something that was designed for 4. Im not sure how they would mount...I think they attach to the 4 studs, then you use the 5 studs to bolt on the wheels? If you do decide to do it, use A LOT of RED loctite.
            its not for me but thats what im sayin 4 studs holding 5 studs/ the wheel
            Originally posted by TheNeek
            BP ain't got $#!T on StanceWorks!

Comment

• Originally posted by prodigee View Post
              What Dan said.

I would look into it some more if I were Justin though. Doesn't he have a SW account? Are there any 5 lug conversions for the e30? Like an e30 M3 or are those 4 lugs as well. I know Integra people often do a type R swap so they can get 5 lug.
              he said he was gonna make one and he talked to his friend and he said that a 5 lug kit will cost 1500
              Originally posted by TheNeek
              BP ain't got $#!T on StanceWorks!

Comment

• Originally posted by Iscrape View Post
                4 lug to 5 lug

its not for me but thats what im sayin 4 studs holding 5 studs/ the wheel
                Just don't seam safe. Im sure people run them all the time and have no problems, but do you want to be that one person? Its kinda like the cheap coilovers IMO.

-Dan

Comment

• If its for a e30, cant you just swap something over from the e36? Im sure its possible and would be A LOT safer then using adaptors.

-Dan

Comment

• Yeah that sounds just about what a type R swap would be. I say stick with the 4 lug. There are a ton of 4 lug wheels out there that look hella fresh on e30's.
                    - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

• Oh sorry, didn't see the 4 -> 5 lug thing, I thought all E36s had 5 lugs.

Anyways, if you want a serious tranny, you should seriously consider a sequential (with a clutch pedal, just a pneumatic gun for a shifter mechanism) or H pattern dog-cut gearbox?

Comment

Yeah that sounds just about what a type R swap would be. I say stick with the 4 lug. There are a ton of 4 lug wheels out there that look hella fresh on e30's.
                        This. Its not like 4 lug wheels are ugly-er then 5 lug.

-Dan

Comment

• I have a 4 lug on my Teg and I am gunna make it work. Same with the Miata I WILL have.

@Atlantian all e36's have 5 lugs, but not e30's...

EDIT: Dan its spelled uglier.
                          - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

• Whoops, I thought we were still talking about Dan's project E36

Comment

• Originally posted by Atlantian View Post
                              Oh sorry, didn't see the 4 -> 5 lug thing, I thought all E36s had 5 lugs.

Anyways, if you want a serious tranny, you should seriously consider a sequential (with a clutch pedal, just a pneumatic gun for a shifter mechanism) or H pattern dog-cut gearbox?
                              Don't the sequential gear box make those winding high pitches that increase as you shift? Nah, not for me...yet

SIDENOTE: I love shows about drugs (history channel ftw)

-Dan

Comment

I have a 4 lug on my Teg and I am gunna make it work. Same with the Miata I WILL have.

@Atlantian all e36's have 5 lugs, but not e30's...

EDIT: Dan its spelled uglier.
                                Its summer. My brain is shut down till August lol

-Dan

Comment

Working...
                                X