X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by AndrewFromTheInternet View Post
    Nailed the phone interview.

Didn't think he would ask me to ask him questions, so I improvised. It helped that I still had a list of questions in my car from the last interview I went on, so I modified them for the current interview. Half of his answers started with, "Oooh, that's a really good question."

When he asked what my current salary was, I gave him the pre-paycut amount, since my friend started there at $32k, so I figured I could wrestle for a higher starting salary with them by putting my current amount slightly above that.

I'm actually starting to like these. Which is really weird for me.
    fuck yea. one big part of interviewing is to have a couple questions that arent related to salary for them. shows that you are actually interested and they take you more seriously than the faggot that goes "umm no questions. i can has job now?"
    Website | Facebook | Instagram @Broadway_Static

Comment

• 9890 tho!
      IG @RobthaBavarian

Comment

• Originally posted by rob&co View Post
        9890 tho!

Comment

• Originally posted by Average_Jerk View Post
          fuck yea. one big part of interviewing is to have a couple questions that arent related to salary for them. shows that you are actually interested and they take you more seriously than the faggot that goes "umm no questions. i can has job now?"
          Oh I'd never ask about benefits or salary for one of my questions. That seems a bit to gun-jumpy to me. I go for the deep shit:

"How do you measure success with your writers? Is it based on pageviews, comments, or is there more internal structure to how you feel a writer is succeeding?"

"Is the corporate culture more geared towards collaboration, or will I be largely responsible for my own work most days of the week?"

"What are some places where your current team could stand to improve?"

That last one always gets 'em.

Originally posted by Rob&co
          MOCK MY FUCKING SPELLED WRONG WORDS PAL!

Comment

OG!

hey next time I post my car in the showroom can I title the thread "fuck your scene" ?
            IG @RobthaBavarian

Comment

Oh I'd never ask about benefits or salary for one of my questions. That seems a bit to gun-jumpy to me. I go for the deep shit:

"How do you measure success with your writers? Is it based on pageviews, comments, or is there more internal structure to how you feel a writer is succeeding?"

"Is the corporate culture more geared towards collaboration, or will I be largely responsible for my own work most days of the week?"

"What are some places where your current team could stand to improve?"

That last one always gets 'em.
              all of those are really good. I always ask about how they rate success and what the numbers are based on. but I always phrase it in a way to make sure i use "key metrics" in there. cause thats a big retail manager term that they love to throw around.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rob&co View Post
                OG!

hey next time I post my car in the showroom can I title the thread "fuck your scene" ?
                as long as it doesnt start with "just another..." I dont care.

Comment

all of those are really good. I always ask about how they rate success and what the numbers are based on. but I always phrase it in a way to make sure i use "key metrics" in there. cause thats a big retail manager term that they love to throw around.
                  Oooooh, key metrics. That's a good one.

For this specific interview, I asked some marketing analytics questions. Pageviews (unique versus repeats), referral sources, etc.

Either way, they said that I was the first phone interview of the week, so they're gonna knock the rest out by Friday and let me know whether or not they want me to come in for an in-person interview next week. Fingers crossed.

Originally posted by Rob&co
                  MOCK MY FUCKING SPELLED WRONG WORDS PAL!

Comment

Oooooh, key metrics. That's a good one.

For this specific interview, I asked some marketing analytics questions. Pageviews (unique versus repeats), referral sources, etc.

Either way, they said that I was the first phone interview of the week, so they're gonna knock the rest out by Friday and let me know whether or not they want me to come in for an in-person interview next week. Fingers crossed.
                    awesome. if he was impressed by your questions, Id assume youll get called in for a real interview

Comment

yea man, its so fucking nice outside today. tomorrow is gonna be just as warm, but not as sunny. trying to go golfing again
                      Last I looked they said possible thunderstorms
                      which means possible hail this time of year IIRC
                      Dude... My nissan has like a v8, man.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dudermagee View Post
                        Last I looked they said possible thunderstorms
                        which means possible hail this time of year IIRC
                        thats not supposed to start til later. hopefully i cant be done golfing by then. golfing in hail is not fun

Comment

• go into the interview and say "im 17. what have you done?"
                          Originally posted by Kielan
                          I've had a lot more fun in my Dad's Prius than I care to admit.

BMW e23 build Thread

Comment

• fucking dying

Email | Website | Facebook | Instagram @Broadway_Static

Comment

• Originally posted by NegativeCamber View Post
                              go into the interview and say "im 17. what have you done?"
                              I just email a link to my SW profile as my resume.

Comment

I just email a link to my SW profile as my resume.
                                lol. make them take a look at your visitor messages.
                                Originally posted by Kielan
                                I've had a lot more fun in my Dad's Prius than I care to admit.

BMW e23 build Thread

Comment

Working...
                                X