This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Miroteknik View Post
    no worries about competing with windows8, its basically windows7 with a android looking app menu
    To anyone who is tech savy, yes. But the overall market to which they both appeal to, Apple needs to do something.
    - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

no worries about competing with windows8, its basically windows7 with a android looking app menu
      No. It's Windows 7 with a Windows 8 looking app menu. That's the entire purpose of that screen. They are bringing the mobile and desktop products closer together. Heck, Xbox has used "metro" for a while now.
      Originally posted by Oxer
      people are such stupid cunts.
      fuck everybody.
      Originally posted by Jesus Christ
      listen to me carefully, go fuck yourself and never come back here again
      Originally posted by Dudermagee
      You're stupid.

Comment

• Originally posted by jdel View Post
        No. It's Windows 7 with a Windows 8 looking app menu. That's the entire purpose of that screen. They are bringing the mobile and desktop products closer together. Heck, Xbox has used "metro" for a while now.
        Truth. I personally really like Windows 8, but I know I'm alone in that sentiment amongst you guys.
        - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

this will get me through the day
          IG @RobthaBavarian

Comment

• Originally posted by Kielan View Post
            I dual boot, and I have found that my MBP runs Windows better than most Windows laptops lol.
            Kinda funny how you still need/want windows.
            And good customer support is not really a good selling point.
            Dude... My nissan has like a v8, man.

Comment

I dual boot, and I have found that my MBP runs Windows better than most Windows laptops lol.
              The only thing i need to keep windows in Rom Raider for tuning my ECU. There are work arounds for mac, but for as little as I use it it's not worth it for me to figure them out. I'll just keep an XP netbook around for that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dudermagee View Post
                Well we all know that OSX can't run everything, I prefer OSX for an everyday interface though, if I need to run a windows only app, then I will boot into it and use what I need. Windows 8 is a bit nicer to use daily so I don't mind using it for a while, but I still prefer OSX
                - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

• wtf is this nerd shit!?

IG @RobthaBavarian

Comment

Truth. I personally really like Windows 8, but I know I'm alone in that sentiment amongst you guys.
                    It adds another layer of GUI that isn't necessary. To your average computer user, the start menu was painful enough. Try teaching them shortcuts, or how to install a custom shell (to include a start menu)

Originally posted by Dudermagee View Post
                    Windows has some very good programs that aren't ported to OSX. I'm in no way saying you should buy either/or but having a Macbook that can withstand the day-today abuse that can also run Windows makes for a fantastic package.
                    Originally posted by Oxer
                    people are such stupid cunts.
                    fuck everybody.
                    Originally posted by Jesus Christ
                    listen to me carefully, go fuck yourself and never come back here again
                    Originally posted by Dudermagee
                    You're stupid.

Comment

• Originally posted by jdel View Post
                      It adds another layer of GUI that isn't necessary. To your average computer user, the start menu was painful enough. Try teaching them shortcuts, or how to install a custom shell (to include a start menu)

Windows has some very good programs that aren't ported to OSX. I'm in no way saying you should buy either/or but having a Macbook that can withstand the day-today abuse that can also run Windows makes for a fantastic package.
                      I'm not denying it, I felt I had to relearn how I navigated windows when I got 8. But now that I know it, I love it.

And yes, having the ability to run both OSs, have a machine that stands up to daily beatings, and I've found last longer than their Dell/HP/Asus/etc counter parts is quite handy.

And despite what you say about customer service Dudeman. When was the last time you intentionally bought something from someone that had shitty customer service? Just because you don't want to have to use them does not mean that should you have to that it is a pain and shitty experience. Customer service means a lot to me.
                      Last edited by Kielan; 03-13-2013, 11:58 AM.
                      - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

• Sup nerds. 8^|

Comment

• No real money for OSX in my area of work and I don't really nerd at home so there isn't much use for me with Apple.
                          Dude... My nissan has like a v8, man.

Comment

• Originally posted by coconutt View Post
                            Sup nerds. 8^|
                            fawk that eclips yo! comment on a real car ninja! bahhaahhahhahahh
                            IG @RobthaBavarian

Comment

• Xp fo life.

Comment

• Your breathing rate increases when you start to type.
                                IG @RobthaBavarian

Comment

Working...
                                X